Considering getting a new phone

mgkdk

Aced mod training!
Car(s)
VW UP! Renault Clio
So I've been thinking about getting a new phone to replace my Sony Ericsson K800i, it's not because there is anything wrong with it but I've had it since august 2006 :eek: (technically it's my third, the 2 first had fits and got replaced under warranty) but with all the new fancy stuff around I feel I'm missing out on something, or am I?
I have been looking at the SE X10 mini/X10 mini pro, because I like the size of them, my bf has a HTC desire and I think it's waaay too big so anything in that size is out. Also I have had the misfortune to have to reply to some of his texts when he has been driving and that touch keyboard was close to getting me to throw it out the window, but he said it took him a few weeks to get really used to it, but that's why I'm leaning towards the mini pro.

Uhm, so what I wanted to ask was if any of you have any other suggestions or something bad about the ones I mentioned?

How about an HTC Wildfire?
htc_wildfire1-1024x1024.jpg

Smaller than the Desire, similar in price to the X10 variants ans imo the better looking and performing one too.

Thanks for the inputs guys.

Also thinking about the SE X8, but I remember reading something about it that made me not like it but now I've forgotten what it was :p

Do not get the HTC Wildfire. The screen looks TERRIBLE. Resolution is far too low for an Android phone. My GF just got X8 and it performs better then my Samsung i5700 despite having slower CPU (in theory). I personally did not like what Sony did to the software on this phone, but she does not mind. I prefer stock Android wit Launcher Pro

Meizu M9?

I personally find the Mini and Mini-pro's screens a bit too small for longer uses (e.g. Web browsing).

I am living with the downsides of the wildfire - its OK for a phone at that price point - personally I'd go the whole hog and get the Desire but too expensive for me at the moment.

Even 2nd hand?

A used HD2 in good condition will probably cost less than the X10. If you install Android on it, it makes it even better!

If size is an issue, a lightly used iPhone 3GS is a pretty good choice if your on a budget.

Just had a look at some of the HTC phones, they are still quite big even though they call one of them 'mini', also read the review about the wildfire and the lousy screen so that's probably not so relevant any more.
And about the new/used thing, I'm not going to be paying for it myself it will be bought by a company and I get to use it so it has to be bought new at a store.

I have this and quite like it:
nokia-c7-ofic-1.jpg

Also, iPhone 4, very thin.

Or the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830, if you are ok with 320 x 480 pixels

That sony mini pro is small but very fat, and has even lower res. I find it very bulky. Women carrying a phone in their pocket is rather rare anyway, and if you do, a slim profile is more important imho.

Women carrying a phone in their pocket is rather rare anyway, and if you do, a slim profile is more important imho.

I do :p Don't have a bag/purse/whatever my pockets are just fine, but it's probably not that fat compared to the one I have now.

With SE you'll be waiting till the end of time for updates.

If a Desire is way too big, with a 3.7" screen, you're going go be in the market for a fairly low-end phone, or maybe something like that one Droid that has a portrait qwerty under the screen, ala BlackBerry.

What about a Blackberry 9780? They seem to be fairly cheap, yet still better than the Torch imho.

If a Desire is way too big, with a 3.7" screen, you're going go be in the market for a fairly low-end phone, or maybe something like that one Droid that has a portrait qwerty under the screen, ala BlackBerry.

Yeah that Droid Pro, but you she only grab that from ebay (unlocked) it is not sold in Europe far as I know. The Torch is quite good, but no adobe flash ....

:shifty:

Serenata.

:whistle: