TV: Constantine (2014 TV show)

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
E39 M5, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '21 Focus Wagon
Hey folks!

On my search for new stuff, I just stumbled over this one..

wiki said:
Constantine is an upcoming American television series to air on NBC, based on the characters appearing in the comic series Hellblazer published by DC Comics under their Vertigo imprint. The series will star actor Matt Ryan as John Constantine. The pilot episode will be directed by Neil Marshall and written by Daniel Cerone and David Goyer. It is scheduled to premiere on October 24, 2014.

At a first glance this might be interesting.. I'll probably give it a try.

Trailer:

So, this is like the movie that came out a few years ago?

Looks like it. And while the plot of the movie was stretched quite a bit but lacked character development, I can somehow see this work out better in a tv-series, where you can develop a character while the stories are kept short.

I watched a trailer some time ago and I was intrigued. Didn't even knew it was already out, thanks.

One of the reasons I pushed it back up, for people to notice it aired ;).

It airs Friday 10PM US time (whichever timezone).

I am a big fan of the Movie and thus I watched the Pilot back in whenever it came out and did not like it at all. Heard they did a lot of changes due to the poor reception of the pilot and I thought I?d give it another chance ... but the second episode was equally rubbish - or even worse. They did change a lot, but the one thing they should have changed, they did not touch. Matt Ryan. He?s just a horrible John Constantine. And the whole way they set up the character differently than the ACTUAL comic-book character ... is also a very, very bad idea.

I think the Show insultingly bad, given the source-material.

I just caught up with what aired so far, and I have to say I like the way its going. Wasn't the biggest fan of the movie, maybe its just one or the other.. :D I also could not care less about how it compares to a comic I have never seen and will never look at. As a show itself, I like where its going and its a nice change to what else is out there. Looking forward to more.

Last edited: