Converting TG avi to DVD Help

1. In your very first post you said you also had a Windows desktop. How does that make my post about DVD Flick not relevant?

2. If you already had an Xbox 360 then you could be doing this for free without buying additional equipment or burning discs. But you spent your money on a shiny aluminum piece of equipment with an apple logo instead.

So you can either:

a) Waste a shit-load of time and money to convert all of your episodes to DVD format, a good choice since you're a college student.

b) Spend 70 fucking dollars and buy the DVD player I linked to above.
Alright, so thanks for your advice. So you did read my post. I hope you also read the part where I talked about what software I did use, what results I got, etc. etc.?

You could, of course, go on saying something that i realized after reading the second reply to my post - that a Divx player is a viable alternative. I've also said that I'm considering it, and that I've looked up a few on Amazon. So unless you actually do link to that elusive $25 player that everyone else is talking about, or at least answer my question about how well the Philips player functions there's no point in you saying the same things over and over. I usually don't buy things unless I get a really good deal on them.
But no, why don't you just throw out a new option - the PS3 that can play both blu-ray and DivX? That too counts as answering my question.:rolleyes:
Or why don't you just have a go at my selection of a computer?
Anyway, just chill dude don't get so worked up over a thread in a forum. :D

Read the reviews on the player I linked to, I mean, what else do you want me to do? Buy one and post a review for you?

I believe the point of a forum is to discuss things/answer questions/talk about personal experiences of a product that a person recommends. I could (and did), as you say, look at the Amazon reviews - so you're saying I shouldn't have have attached any importance to the personal experiences of the people on this forum?
I'd already said that I had looked at these things on amazon (btw, there are cheaper ones on amazon), so you're link, once again, did not add to the discussion.
Anyway, this thread isn't going anywhere now, so I'm putting an end to it.

You wanted a player that was as good as your Panasonic HD-DVD player, so I linked to the cheapest player that outputs 1080p and plays DivX files. In addition, it has a high-speed USB port in the front which allows you to connect an external hard drive with all of your TG episodes on it. You don't even have to burn discs if you go that route. Another forum member expressed his views on his older Philips player, the one I linked to is newer and revised, why wouldn't it be equal or better? You can get the $50 Philips model on Amazon but it does not output at 1080p, therefore is not equivalent to your Panasonic HD-DVD player.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time with ungrateful people anyways.

I'll go against my statement to put an end to this thread to say this - I did thank you for your input two posts ago. I was, of course, giving you some respect, a courtesy which you refused to extend to me. I wasn't the one who started this petty argument, but I'll be the one to end it now.

I went through quite a few on amazon, but most were upwards of $50. I realise that this isn't too much, especially since I have a whole bunch of DivX files to play, but could you tell me the quality of the picture that you get from this Phillips?

Oh, as a DVD player, it's pretty shitty. I've got it hooked up to my TV in the bedroom, which is a 17" I think. It's fine for that. For my 32" LCD, I've got by BluRay player and my PC is hooked up through the S-Video on my video card.

Last edited:
I use a DivX DVD player and I love it. You can usually fit an entire series to one single DVD no problem, except that the file sizes have been getting larger and making this harder to do.