Coolest police car ever!

Saw this yesterday (already been in the thread yeahyeah...) as the policemen went to eat (perhaps donuts) to a diner.

IMAG0265.jpg

What an odd license plate, why nonstandard? Also car looks like it's very suspicious of you, squinting its eyes.

That car is a donation from Tekniikan Maailma -magazine to the police. Last year was the 60th anniversary of the TM-magazine, so that is why the registration plate is TM-60. In 2003 TM-magazine gave an S-type R TM-50 to the police.

Oh I see, lucky police office!

They gave other cars in the past as well.
TM-25 was this Aspen
l600_tm25dodgeaspenpolicespecial.jpg

TM-30 was this volvo
l600_tm30volvo245.jpg

TM-35 was this Audi 80 quattro
l600_tm35audiquattro.jpg

TM-50 was the jaaag mentioned before.
l600_tm50jaguarstyper.jpg

People of New South Wales, beware.

Global-Nyheter-2014-04-18-Volvo-S60-Polestar-polisbil.jpg

Volvo Polestar Racing V8 Supercars drivers Scott McLaughlin and Robert Dahlgren have officially handed over a high-performance Volvo S60 Polestar to NSW Police?s Rose Bay Local Area Command.

The 257kW S60 Polestar is capable of hitting 100km/h in just 4.9 seconds and is supplied to the police via a partnership with Volvo Car Australia and Trivett Volvo, Alexandria.

?When I was testing this car in the frozen north of Sweden, I never thought I?d be handing over the keys to one down here in Australia ? let alone to the police!? said Dahlgren, who was instrumental in developing the car and fine-tuning its chassis.

Dahlgren showed Senior Constable Jonathon Stone, Sargent Mick Capon, and Acting Inspector Matt West around the S60 Polestar, highlighting its ground-breaking technology ? like City Safety, Pedestrian Detection and Adaptive Cruise Control ? while also detailing its high performance and sure-footed handling characteristics.

This is the second Volvo to be used by the police, following an S60 T5 in 2013. This high- performance S60 Polestar will be used as a support vehicle primarily within the community liaison division and not a first response vehicle.

As such it will be seen at local events like community fetes, festivals, and major sporting events including the Australian Open Golf, of which Volvo is a major partner. The previous Volvo placed with the police proved to be a great engagement tool with locals, as it served as a talking point and broke down barriers of communication between the public and Police.

?I thought the police might want to ask me about an unpaid toll, following the launch of our V8 Supercar back in February when I drove it across the Sydney Harbour Bridge,? joked McLaughlin.
Following the handover, both drivers met with Dealership sales staff and technicians to give them an insight into the S60 Polestar, how Volvo Polestar Racing?s first V8 Supercars Championship was unfolding, and what future races had in store for the team.

Ohhh, you Finns and your obsession with the letter K ! :p

I expect you spell coffee with a letter K too. :rolleyes:
(I checked, you do! :lol:)

Most popular koffee-brands here are Juhla-Mokka and Kulta-Katriina. :p And more festive alternative, Tumma Presidentti (dark president) aka Obama. :D

--

Do you think there ever was a successfull police pursuit with these ones?

5901398240_5550aa8421.jpg

Those Volvos are sweet, I haven't seen V8 Supercars in ages! You guys run races at weird times! ;)

In Northern Sweden (which is basically Finland) you can travel on Line 94 between Jokkmokk and Kvikkjokk. Also coffee is obviously correctly spelled k-a-f-f-e in any civilized language. :p
I rode the train with some youngsters who only spoke finnish to oneanother today and I can testify that apart from the letter K finnish language is centered around the letters v, i, tt, and u.

Speaking of old school police cars (and vans), I'm remisient of this clip from an old movie. A simpler time.

Last edited:
I rode the train with some youngsters who only spoke finnish to oneanother today and I can testify that apart from the letter K finnish language is centered around the letters v, i, tt, and u.
Oh relax, they were just remembering the place where they started their journey from. :mrgreen:

I rode with them last week too, but then they were tired so there was alot more vittu, today they were quite restrained. There's quite a Finnish community here so while they're obviously native they choose to speak Finnish when in their group, but this also means that they inject quite a few words of Swedish into the conversation. I don't know if it's because the words are the same or they don't know what it's called in finnish, but it lends itself to an interesting conversation to listen to when you understand curse words, a few numbers (yks kaks) and random words :D

"Vittu salmiakki"

Someone call the Veolia police

Last edited:
No not yet but if you suggest it to our government I'm sure they'd jump at the idea! Especially if you show no business plan but promise it'll be "totally worth it". They're not really all that into consequence analysis or all that boring stuff, privatize everything is the keyword.

The Veolia cars are marked "Trafikledare" (Traffic Director). I think the correct english term is Dispatcher. When something in public transport breaks down they show up and toot their horns.

Here's one from Gothenburg Tramways

On the subject of real police cars, someone ran out of room for their lightbar.

Bonus Ford (Command Vehicle)

Last edited:
I rode with them last week too, but then they were tired so there was alot more vittu]
That's how most young people talk unfortunately. Every THIRD word MIGHT be an other word than vittu. :D

Hello Spectre,
I've been told that you are the go to guy regarding Jaguars. I'd like to know what the engine mileage life is on a 2003 XJ8 and what it's overall reliabilty is. The vehicle appears to have been serviced regularly.

Someone set up a Spectre subforum for these guys.

Yeah, I don't get why they're just thread spamming especially on threads I don't usually read.

Hello Spectre,
I've been told that you are the go to guy regarding Jaguars. I'd like to know what the engine mileage life is on a 2003 XJ8 and what it's overall reliabilty is. The vehicle appears to have been serviced regularly.

Hello Spectre,

You're still in the wrong thread here, try Random Thoughs (Automotive Edition)

:rolleyes: