Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
The fact that someone bought the tooling and kept building these has always intrigued me. I wonder why more cars don't get that treatment?

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Not enough crazy and rich people combined with a love for maintaining a certain type of car. I'd love to get more wagons or keep them on the road but I'm only crazy, not rich and crazy.

GRtak

Forum Addict
The fact that someone bought the tooling and kept building these has always intrigued me. I wonder why more cars don't get that treatment?

Studebaker was bankrupt and I believe that the assets were all sold off. If not for the bankruptcy, the tooling never would get sold off like that.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Love the Olds, not in love with the price. :oops:

Lincoln is a neat piece. I'll bet the paint would shine with a light buff.

The Meadowbrook is the buy though. Not a common model, not a common collector car, dare to be different.

GRtak

Forum Addict
I have not inquired, but that is more than I would want to know. If I were to buy the car, it would get paint and a upholstery.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
That could be a fun sleeper build. Who would suspect the clapped out looking Phoenix 4-door would have a turbo LS?

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Packard is a beauty. I'd drive that everywhere.

Love the wagon, but not the Crager SS wheels. Some Keystone classics would be a better fit.

The El Dorado is a sad case, you need to resubmit that.

I'll defer to Chris on the Seville.

GRtak

Forum Addict
The Packard is sweet. The wagon is mega brown. Cragers need to be used far less often, and the Keystones would be much better.

The Seville is not ugly, it is so very awkward. If they would have used The same style trunk as on the same year Eldorodo, it would like like a long Eldo and be fine. But no, make it awkward.

Resubmit the Eldorado? I is confused.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
I guess that's it, awkward. It's like it's meant to harken back to the '30s and it just doesn't quite work. I remember having a die cast off one as a young lad and didn't like it then.

Sorry, rescue it. It had been a long day (a 4.5 hour trip turned into a 13.5 hour slog over snowy mountain passes) and I didn't proof read.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
I have a difficult time liking these. In the early to mid-'90s my mother's family drove these types of cars. Somehow that makes them bad in my mind...