Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

I could dig the Chevy with the following changes:
  1. Ditch the Weld Pro-Stars in favor of something more period correct and less prone to folding like a tortilla.
  2. Remove all the modern stickers.
  3. The ad doesn't talk quarter mile numbers, so this is probably not a race car. That would need to be fixed. Roll bar, more power, etc.

I do like this Falcon, but more power needed too. ?

When I bought my Tempest, I thought the same way as you do about the Facon. Then I drove it for a few weeks, and even with the two speed auto box, it was fun, cheap to run, and handled better than one with a V8.

I originally planned on swapping in a 400 for the I6, but I decided against. I drove it as it was until I sold it, and that guy paid me to swap in a Chevy 350 I had. It was fine, but it lost a bit of everything that made it what it was.

Last edited:
Where do you see a rust problem?

I'm interested to know why so many ads for cars in Michigan state that it was brought in recently from another state with only a slightly less worse rust problem...

A guy I know actually ran cars that couldn't pass MA inspections/emissions to MI for a while.

There are only a few counties in Michigan that require emissions checks.

Same here, though there is a statewide inspection scheme. It's $12 every two years, if the car is 11 years and older or has more than 150,000 miles. That last part is fairly new as it had been 6 years and older or 100,000 miles. Of course we all know a car can have severe wear (especially tires and suspension) with less miles than that.

Edit: Oh and it's odd year vehicles that need inspection on odd years and even on even. Another oddity.

I wonder in the near future, if a Mopar, no matter the model, would be worth saving? Will the prices continue to climb, or will prices cool as the Boomers that love them age out of the collector car market?

The Olds is cool, but not the most exciting color combo. Unlike the Del Ray, which quite stunning, despite being a low trim level.

The Caddy is nice, but not my style.

I honestly expect the prices to more or less stay the same for a while, then drop a bit, if the prices for pre-war classics like Stutzes and Duesenbergs are anything to go by. I think it's still going to take a while, thanks to all of the gen xers and millenials that want an old muscle car because Hollywood used them as "hero cars" for decades.

It always amazes me how many people that did not buy or own a Mopar from new until the mid to late 90s, that now want one. But, it is always the same Charger/Challenger/Cuda type cars.