Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

It'd be a ton of fun to have a Pursuit Charger, but with the specter (heh) of MDS related failures, it's too scary.

I like the MI blue too, definitely a nice change from the normal black or black and white.

To me, buying an ex cop car is like buying a used city bus or a pair of pants. It's a tool, not a car to somebody and the odds it was treated well outside of any regular maintenance is low.

To me, buying an ex cop car is like buying a used city bus or a pair of pants. It's a tool, not a car to somebody and the odds it was treated well outside of any regular maintenance is low.

So much this. That car that has 100,000 miles for the engine is more like a million in idle.

Dig both of them. I'd change the wheels on the '55, source some better looking valve covers (Is there such a thing for center bolt?) and maybe have the seats changed back to original on the Capri.

Umm, that Capri seems way under priced, no? I kind of dig the chevy wagon but it's a little high of a price for me.

Eh, not really. Capris are always seen as a bit of a redheaded step child.

Dig both of them. I'd change the wheels on the '55, source some better looking valve covers (Is there such a thing for center bolt?) and maybe have the seats changed back to original on the Capri.

Eh, not really. Capris are always seen as a bit of a redheaded step child.

What are the seats from?

Capris were always the red headed step child due to the damn name. We called them the crappies back in the day.

€6900?!??? I know it's going to have some premium, but that's a $4k car on a good day lol.

Plus transport costs. Once I factor in cargo shipping of said car, the prices make sense. :)

Still, paying nearly $8k US for a Fox body hurts. I could get a broken nice Alfa for that!

:) :(

This is 'UROPE - sadly I've barely seen a manual foxbody here in two years for less than 10k (only once iirc, in .ch). It's not even a facelift and has faded paint... but hey, what can you do. Most here are convertibles, 2.3 liter, 90 hp, automatic... and people still want 8k for them.
Hell, looking at Firebird/Trans Am prices... want a manual V8 with those? You could just buy a really, really nice C4/C5 for that kinda money. To me it seems that US car prices in Germany suck most of the times. It's a bit better in the Netherlands and Denmark, but if you gotta import somewhat rare stuff, you gotta pay for said somewhat rare stuff. :(

Yes, but when importing that car to Europe. There are a lot of additional costs.

Shipping
Insurance during shipping
Import duty 10% calculated on price of car + shipping + insurance
VAT, in Sweden 25%, in Germany I believe 21%, calculated on all previous costs.
Registration + inspection fee to get it roadlegal.

Edit. I probably have forgotten about something, that also needs to be paid.

This is 'UROPE - sadly I've barely seen a manual foxbody here in two years for less than 10k (only once iirc, in .ch). It's not even a facelift and has faded paint... but hey, what can you do. Most here are convertibles, 2.3 liter, 90 hp, automatic... and people still want 8k for them.

Actually, last year I found a manual one for 5k, but it was a 2.3 litre, which probably explains the price. It seemed to be in nice condition, though. Here's a link to the now-defunct ad.

Love the t-top, 5-speed and the fact it's an '86. The color and price are not to love, however.

Does the year of 86 change anything special?