CraigB wants to be a biker...

Why not attach a weed wacker motor to your bicycle?

Why not attach a weed wacker motor to your bicycle?

Apparently in Kansas it basically makes it a moped and it has to be registered, plated, etc., etc. The only thing you don't have to have is a class M license.

http://www.kansashighwaypatrol.org/general/unusualvehicle/moped.html

As long as you're basically going to have to deal with the requirements of a motorcycle, you might as well actually get a motorcycle instead of something that has none of the benefits and all of the disadvantages.

Last edited:
He lives in Missouri...

I plan to venture to Aspin.....

i054661.jpg

"I can get 70mpg on this hog." :lol:

It's true, but I plan to venture into the Kansas Flint Hills to do some exploring.
I lived out in Manhattan, KS for a few years. Riding around the flint hills and Tuttle Creek is one of the things I miss most about living out there. Had my little XL250, I'd skip class and go put around trails instead.

It's worth a shot. Last night she saw a Goldwing for sale and was talking about it a bit.

Well they let me take the MSF class on a Ruckus? :D

Bikes are provided for you at the MSF classes.

Good to know. What's the approximate cost for one of these classes?

Depends on who's conducting them and to what degree the local dealers subsidize them; anywhere from free to $200 per participant with most being around $75-100. At least around here, anyway.

I'm thinking of taking an MSF course as well this year as well, albeit the advanced one.

I'm taking my MSF class next weekend. I can't wait. I'm very excited about it. The Mrs Shentar already took it, so its my turn now.