cricket - the ashes

MixtriX

Melbourne, Australia (originally from London, UK)
with the large number of aussies on this board, im sure some of u are watching the cricket :p

not gonna get any sleep tonight... come on england!!!

peiterson is doing great, but every shot he makes scares the hell out of me...

as i write this, jones is out

What Australia needs is Andrew Symonds!! Anyway, tbh, I dont care if Australia win or lose. They win everything most of the time and I hate Warne now. Such a fag :thumbsdown:

All I want is good cricket :D

boooooooooooooooring :lol:

I so should be kicked out of Australia for being unAustralian, hate v8supercars, call 'soccer' football, don't understand rugby and it's friend, don't like dodgy meat pies.... hmm :lol:

Bloody Poms, ya bastards.

Tea break now.

Victory will be ours!

I don't get cricket but thats all the sport that they play if you go down pubs on kings street... went down to the bar 2weeks ago with poms (I'm pretty much an asian pom as well)... pretty fun opposing all the aussies :D

England has taken the Ashes Trophy after 16 years...congrat to all ya British people... i m comin over to celebrate with all of you guys... :thumbsup:

Where can I read a quick explanation about cricket? and what is a pom?

Yeah congratulations England. Thoroughly outplayed Australia in this series barring the last game. Well done to Flintoff for his MOTS performance and Pietersen for the MOTM. But Warnie, what can we say, what a champion. 40 wickets in the series @ <20, brilliant.

It will be interesting to see what changes will be made to this Aussie side over the next few months.

bihus, for a quick explanation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket

Yeh good on England...good to see em quite jubilent on the streets. TBH Australia hasnt had the best team to play with. Warne has never played better but IMO, Warne is a dropkick who just so happens to have a good leg spin..

Shane Warne: Victorian!!

And the best bowler in the world... Unfortunately the Poms were too good :(

:cry:

For further reading in understanding about the importance of this event, I suggest you have a read of the wiki for The Ashes.

Anyway, it's a sad, sad day to see the urn lost to the old enemy. Considering how close we came to winning Edgbaston and The Oval (dropping Pietersen on 0 and 15), I think it's a bit rich that a lot of English commentators are now calling England the No.1 team in the World. If England can win the upcoming tour of the subcontinent, that will go part of the way but they will really have to retain the Ashes on the next Australian tour (2006/07) for them to be called the best in the world.

Hopefully in the meatime the selectors stick the boot up out lacklusture top order and give time for Sean Tait to be blooded.

Ha ha ha.... England beat Pakistan....on our home soil :| Don't think so...the style of play in the subcontinent is fast, which I doubt England can follow....

:thumbsup: Pakisan all the Way dudes....and Good Luck England... :mrgreen:

To be honest, and I'm not just saying it because of the Ashes, I've been saying it since Steve Waugh left, I really don't think Ricky Ponting is suitable for Aus captaincy. I think the bloke is a fantastic cricketer, and I am a big fan, I just don't think he's a good captain. There are other guys in that team who I believe could do a better job.

flyingfridge said:
To be honest, and I'm not just saying it because of the Ashes, I've been saying it since Steve Waugh left, I really don't think Ricky Ponting is suitable for Aus captaincy. I think the bloke is a fantastic cricketer, and I am a big fan, I just don't think he's a good captain. There are other guys in that team who I believe could do a better job.

What you saying dude.... The Aus Team has won two consecutive world cups under him...won the previous 4 or 5 Ashes series...won so many international series....and now that Australia has lost This years Ashes series, Ponting is being blamed.... This is a sport..there are always ups and downs.. :)