Daily Mail - Evans swears at audience

I can't remember Clarkson ever swearing... :hmm: ;) :rolleyes:

There was a bit of swearing at the Australian filming.

A bit of swearing when they guffed their lines, and a bit of frustrated swearing when the crowd wouldn't mass as requested in the shot backgrounds or became noisy during filming. (One-hour late starts followed by four or more hours standing in the "hanger", the audience became less cooperative throughout the night.)

Nothing offensive or directed at anyone specific, just "it's been a long day" exasperation.

Definitely swearing when I was at the TG filming so no surprise, I think it was mostly in the comments to us from Clarkson and whatsisface the floor manager about how we'd better fucking laugh if they do re-takes of jokes. :lol:

[?]paulbalaji 574 points 1 day ago
I was there at the recording, and it's all being blown out of proportion. Every time he swore was all in jest, just bantering in his own way with the crowd - judging by the audience reaction I highly doubt anyone felt offended

Note the recording was last Thursday for next Sunday's broadcast. The CHM team required 3 days to edit the studio footage into the final show, this bunch seems to require three times that.

well, they are doing all new things. For what I read early studio recordings of CHM TG were a royal nightmare filled with the Subaru owners club and that's it. Besides, I think that they want extra time to make sure that it'll be completely gluten free, carbon neutral and politically correct to trangender polar bears identifying themselves as baby seals :p

Also, the daily mail stretching truths, say it ain't so!

Note the recording was last Thursday for next Sunday's broadcast. The CHM team required 3 days to edit the studio footage into the final show, this bunch seems to require three times that.

I'm sure they'll cut the times down. Can't imagine CHM TG could edit episodes in 3 days back in the first few seasons.

That just makes sense, it's a new team. Can't blame them for that.

That just makes sense, it's a new team. Can't blame them for that.

cant believe you fanboys still think this is going to be any good :lol:

Chris Evans - Very (very) annoying
Matt Le Blanc - Maybe ok but still from friends which is awful :D
Chris Harris - Unfunny Version of Clarkson
Eddie Jordan - Equally very annoying
Sabine - OK shes will be good at the driving part, what about the presenting?
Rory Reid - Who knows?

Well maybe it will pass the time at least till CHM is back...but im not really expecting much

Chris Evans - Very (very) annoying
Matt Le Blanc - Maybe ok but still from friends which is awful :D
Chris Harris - Unfunny Version of Clarkson
Eddie Jordan - Equally very annoying
Sabine - OK shes will be good at the driving part, what about the presenting?
Rory Reid - Who knows?

Well maybe it will pass the time at least till CHM is back...but I'm not really expecting much

I think you'll find that actually you are the fanboy in this equation and that everyone else is just either giving the new team the benefit of the doubt or say "I dunno it looks all right so far"

There were a lot of 'fanpeople' here who didn't think the last few seasons of Top Gear was much good, save for the odd rare gem. Maybe CHM's Grand Tour will be the same poorly-scripted over-dramatized snooze fest.

Or maybe, just maybe, there'll be some good entertainment to be had. Seems silly to write the show off before you've seen it.

There was a bit of swearing at the Australian filming.

A bit of swearing when they guffed their lines, and a bit of frustrated swearing when the crowd wouldn't mass as requested in the shot backgrounds or became noisy during filming. (One-hour late starts followed by four or more hours standing in the "hanger", the audience became less cooperative throughout the night.)

Nothing offensive or directed at anyone specific, just "it's been a long day" exasperation.

I didn't notice the crew swearing ... as I was too busy swearing at them. :p

The Mail article also points to one by The Sun which says LeBlanc was seen with his head in his hands muttering "what have I got myself into" and he only has a contract for this 1 series. I know it's the Sun and Mail but if he does only have a 1 series contract and is totally fed up already, the one good thing about the show so far could be gone after 6 episodes.

The Mail article also points to one by The Sun which says LeBlanc was seen with his head in his hands muttering "what have I got myself into" and he only has a contract for this 1 series. I know it's the Sun and Mail but if he does only have a 1 series contract and is totally fed up already, the one good thing about the show so far could be gone after 6 episodes.

No, the one good thing about this show is that it's helping a lot of people make up their mind to finally stop paying the BBC protection racket fee :)

More and more people saying no to state television every day.