damn somebody broke into my car...

A few of my families cars were broken into in south africa. In '98 I believe, my house was broken into by 4 armed men....they tied my sister up and put tape over her mouth. Fortunately, they didn't harm her any further.

They made out with some tv's, passports (Which would up being sold and us getting a call from interpol, somebody tried to cross into argentina with it)...and a bunch of other things. When I got home the cops were already there, and there were bullets on my bedroom floor (they stole my magics jacket, and the one asshole actually put it on)....helped themselves to some drinks in the fridge also.

Hopefully they have been murdered by now.

I put my laptop in my spare tyre well in my car if i'm concerned about security (spare tyre is a shitty space saver that holds like no air plus I got roadside assist from RACV)

I also put my radio face plate in my laptop bag when I take it with me.

I figure that no-one would check there and my alarm would be going spastic the entire time

I hate to be an ass, but if you leave anything in your car you are just asking for theft. I had someone break into my car because they thought they might find the remote to my condo's gate. Now when I go out of town or if the car is going to be parked for any period of time I leave the console and the glove box open so any would-be thieves can see there is nothing of value.

It sucks you got burgled, and it sucks about the damage - but I remember my parents telling me since before I could drive to not leave stuff in the car.

a would be theif would check my spare tyre well which has wood and carpet over it?

They may have seen you stash it in the first place and just waited until you left. It's still better to take everything with you.

Sorry to hear about that. From what you say it sounds like they've been watching you putting the stuff into the trunk or something similar. Three years ago I put a jacket into the trunk of my car because I didn't want to take it into a pub, and a couple of guys obviously not owning one of the cars in the carpark wtached that from a far distance. I didn't pay much attention to them when I left the car but wish i would when I drove home without jacket.

Uh, that sucks, sorry to hear it happened.

And people around here ask me why I never ever have anything visible left inside the car. Not even a single out-of-case-CD.

I'm curious - did you put the bag with things in the trunk while you were at the parking lot, or elsewhere? A friend of mine parked on a parking lot, took stuff out of the back seat, put it in a bag, and put the bag in the trunk. He went to a shop for 5 minutes to get something to drink, and came back, his trunklid was open, and the stuff was gone - someone at the parking lot most likely saw him putting the stuff in the trunk.

Bah.. suckness.

I put the bag in the trunk when i was at a friends place ca. 30 km away from the parkinglot...so they couldn't have seen the stuff...

I had my car broken into twice.

First time they cut open (!!!!!) my doorlock:

http://img237.imageshack.**/img237/7752/photo0026lh2.jpg

Inside they found nothing, but stole my HPI Savage RC Monster Truck from the trunk (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!) Luckily my home insurance covers stuff inside the car up to 500?, and the truck was worth 499? *phew*

Second time they tried it again via doorlock, failed, so they bashed my side window, destroying the metal around it:

einbruch3.jpg

einbruch1.jpg

einbruch2.jpg

What did they steal? the empty plastic case for my headunit from the glove box (worth 40c?)

Now I have cleaned away the doorlock and installed a Carguard Defender CAN Bus with Radar Proximity sensor, no problems since :)

If I get one of those guys I will break his every single bone TWICE.

I put the bag in the trunk when i was at a friends place ca. 30 km away from the parkinglot...so they couldn't have seen the stuff...

Sounds simply like bad luck then, nothing you could've done about. :( (Well, afterwards you'd always take your bag with you, but turning back time unfortunately isn't an option)

If I get one of those guys I will break his every single bone TWICE.

I can't believe the damage they did to the car trying to get in - clearly just being your everyday car-break-in arseholes wasn't enough for them.

I had similar damage in the same place on my car when they broke my window. I wonder if they are using it as a lever for a prybar or something.