Dear American FG members, help me find and purchase a rwd, V8 powered exotic!

I want mat-tracks and a huge-ass brush guard for my car now. Also a 454 big block. Then we'll all be safe.

An F truck would not go through a Evergreen tree in the northwest US. But like a bridge, you are doing something wrong if you are hitting one of those. Also, modern houses are not often built with stone like they are in Europe. Personally I would not want to live in a stone house in an earthquake prone part of the world like the Pacific Ring of Fire.

An F truck would not go through a Evergreen tree in the northwest US. But like a bridge, you are doing something wrong if you are hitting one of those. Also, modern houses are not often built with stone like they are in Europe. Personally I would not want to live in a stone house in an earthquake prone part of the world like the Pacific Ring of Fire.

I agree on the tree front, they aren't exactly small here.

I've lived here for over a decade, only one earthquake did some minor damage. There are plenty of brick buildings in Seattle that are still up.

I know hogwash about earthquakes, but I can't imagine one bringing down a healthy well built Euro 2 story brick house.....

For once I agree with narf, those things do indeed stop commercial trucks with ease, and even if they do break through the wall, the rest of the house usualy just keeps standing.....

Older houses have wals 2ft thick, all brick , with wooden beams for roof/upper floor support.
Newer houses are usualy a concrete block with a normal brick on the outside , and steel enforced concrete beams holding it all together in the ceilings....I realy don't see that getting shaken apart.

MiddleFinger4.jpg

:p

I don't know a lot about those houses. But until you see a field with waves like water... I don't disagree that they couldn't stop a truck though. For reference, I am born and raised in northern western Washington. Been through two earthquakes there, none large (5.5ish on the richter scale)

Yeah, I've been through a couple earthquakes myself growing up in California. I think the key to building a house that can survive a earthquake isn't making it too rigid, but rather allowing it to sway and flex.

The first 23.5 pages were golden until the Euro vs American pissing contest started.

I came back to this topic to see if avanti got one yet. The answer is no and he should hurry the hell up and get one! I want to see one with Italian plates! I bet a Ferrari or Lamborghini would drive right under the underbelly of one of these Superduty F-series. :D

The first 23.5 pages were golden until the Euro vs American pissing contest started.

I came back to this topic to see if avanti got one yet. The answer is no and he should hurry the hell up and get one! I want to see one with Italian plates! I bet a Ferrari or Lamborghini would drive right under the underbelly of one of these Superduty F-series. :D

He would most likely be able to fit on in the bed as well...

My German friends, I need you help.

Can you find out which modifications I need to do on the truck to get it approved? (my German sucks and its to slow going through German forums)

- Do I need to change the headlights? (I have found several trucks for sale in Europe (also Germany) with the original headlights.)

- Do I need rear fog lights?

- Does the rear turn signals have to be a certain color?

- do I need any certificates apart from the title and the bill of sale?

Is there anything i forgot?

Thanks,
:)

This is based on the StVZO, whether you might slide through differently depends on the guy approving your car.

You need one or two red rear fog lights, with a yellow light on the dash indicating it is turned on. The rear fog light must be wired up to only be able to turn on if your headlights or highbeams or foglights are turned on. http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/stvzo/__53d.html
Indicators must be yellow, flashing at 1.5Hz +/- 0.5Hz. http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/stvzo/__54.html
Headlights must be white, the brightness distribution is complicated, for example 25m away at a height of 1m the headlights may not put out more than 1lx. If the top of your headlights is 1400mm off the road or more, that border between light and dark must be lower than 700mm at 15m distance. There's lots more, like I said it's complicated. http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/stvzo/__50.html
On the documents, you probably need some customs papers.

This I just found out yesterday :

Apparantly in Germany the taillight-stoplight-blinker-combo will NOT fly, wich is odd since nobody seems concerned about them here, they even mark it nicely on the CoC.
I'm not sure if there are any aftermarket taillights with seperate blinkers/stoplights for an F-series , you might want to look into that.

Technically it shouldnt fly in any other territory that follows UN/ECE-regulations either, the orange (or amber depending on which translation you read) light given off by the indicators are defined in: Regulation No 6 of the Economic Commission for Europe of the United Nations (UN/ECE) which are about Uniform provisions concerning the approval of direction indicators for power-driven vehicles and their trailers in which the light is defined as this (in english)

COLOUR OF LIGHT EMITTED
The colour of the light emitted inside the field of the light distribution grid defined in paragraph 2 of Annex 4 shall be amber. For testing see Annex 5 to this Regulation. Outside this field, no sharp variation of colour shall be observed. These requirements shall also apply within the range of variable luminous intensity produced by direction indicators of category 2b.

That said as with anything in the automotive field there are big regional differences in the application of this regulation, as well as tons of exceptions for different countries. I have not bothered reading through the UN/ECE regulation thoroughly enough to come to grips with if our standard are defined by a supplement exception to this regulation or national legislation, but up here you can apply for a special permission to have red indicators on cars manufactured before 1975, but all cars made after that year must have orange (amber) indicators to complete registration.

Here's a really useful guide to UN/ECE regulations in effect
http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/sectors/automotive/files/unece/status-table_en.pdf

Last edited:
On the other hand, There are Yanktrucks in Germany, every one I have seen still had the original taillights and no additional blinkers, how did that work?

I think the solution to this is the same one people have used for centuries to overcome petty regulations .....

On the other hand, There are Yanktrucks in Germany, every one I have seen still had the original taillights and no additional blinkers, how did that work?

As far as i know exceptions to the colors are possible. A friend of mine, for example, has a 70s Honda motorcycle with a yellow brake light.

I think the solution to this is the same one people have used for centuries to overcome petty regulations .....

As far as i know exceptions to the colors are possible. A friend of mine, for example, has a 70s Honda motorcycle with a yellow brake light.

Well all vehicles that were imported and registered before 1999 could have obtained an exception from the local Strassenverkehrsamt (not the T?V;)). If the vehicle in question is build before 1971, then red indicators will be ok as well. So in this case even though the truck is going to be older than 11 years, it will need amber indicators. In most cases the indicators are built into the reversing lights, that is the most elegant solution.