Dear Andy/anyone else that works at Top Gear; BRILLIANT idea for McLaren P1 review

WillD

one of the most famous clips during the early days of the internet was of Jeremy drag racing a McLaren F1 against a Nissan GTR, and before he sets off he gives us one of his great Clarkson 1-liners "What you are about to see is the difference between a really, really fast car, and the McLaren F1" and the McLaren absolutely blows away the Nissan (just search McLaren F1 vs Nissan if you'd like to refresh your memory)

yous MUST recreate this moment when Jeremy reviews the McLaren P1 (but obviously use a modern Nissan GTR), it would be just fantastic for so many reasons and it'd be a nice little nod to us ol' die-hard Top Gear fans!

and keep up the good work! this season has been truly great, can't wait for part 2 of the africa special!

one of the most famous clips during the early days of the internet
The "early days of the internet" were before New Top Gear or YouTube. They ever were before Old Top Gear.

Dear Andy or anyone else who works at Top Gear,

Please ignore this thread and try and think of some new ideas instead of rehashing old ones.

KTHXBAI

^ agree but, if they are going to rehash old ideas I vote for Julia Bradbury top less:

They already rehashed that idea in new Top Gear anyway.

In that case he was probably not made of plastic. More likely wood.

Rather boring idea.

Hell, just make what people want to see P1 vs LaFerrari vs Veneno (this lambo will be tricky to get)

Last edited:
Rather boring idea.

Hell, just make what people want to see P1 vs LaFerrari vs Veneno (this lambo will be tricky to get)

The Lambo does not belog in this test as it would be completely devoured by the other two. It's just an Aventador that's a bit fitter.

^ agree but, if they are going to rehash old ideas I vote for Julia Bradbury top less

Lovely :D

And James May, with Ray Bans and a shirt without flowers. Together with his hairstyle, for the first time I ever saw him he does not look like a poodle :D

I really doubt anyone can make it happen tho'. The manufacturers (atleast Ferrari) will be antsy about someone having a raw comparison with their vehicle.

Well, they lend the Top Gear guys the 458 for the US Trip....

And I think, after the wave of suicides in Bentley's PR Department because of the Bentley...errr, Yugo, they might be careful so that it is not replaced by something like a red Vauxhall Calibra :D

Edit: yeeees, do it! :D
http://img23.imageshack.**/img23/64/61949916126d994adb.jpg

Last edited: