Denmark vs. Islam

Firecat said:
weird...I was just thinking a few hours ago about opening a flag shop in some of these countries...although I would have stocked up on US flags and Israeli flags...Danish flags would have been special orders

Inkjet printing is your friend. :)

swek said:
I don't think so. If you look closely at some of the pictures that are floating around (From some of the protests in Jakarta for example) you can clearly see that the "flag" they are burning is infact a square of red fabric with a white cross painted on it.

Ahh...ok. I dont look at the pictures, because by looking at them, youre giving attention to these wackos.

Wow, how did I miss all this discussion???

First off, I want to thank mgkdk for her timeline of events. I've been trying to keep up with everything that went on from various sources so I was confused. Your post was really helpful in understanding this subject better.

What I hate about this entire situation is that the Islamic community is using this as an excuse to exercise violence against the Westerners. Do they not have a concept of what free speech is? To exaggerate something so small and skew the truth to encourage their own people to turn violent is absolutely appalling.

I've seen many cartoons of Jesus Christ and President Bush all over the place. How come Christians and Americans haven't started rioting over that?

The Muslims aren't doing themselves any favours by acting like hooligans.

Z Draci said:
Wow, how did I miss all this discussion???

First off, I want to thank mgkdk for her timeline of events. I've been trying to keep up with everything that went on from various sources so I was confused. Your post was really helpful in understanding this subject better.

What I hate about this entire situation is that the Islamic community is using this as an excuse to exercise violence against the Westerners. Do they not have a concept of what free speech is? To exaggerate something so small and skew the truth to encourage their own people to turn violent is absolutely appalling.

I've seen many cartoons of Jesus Christ and President Bush all over the place. How come Christians and Americans haven't started rioting over that?

The Muslims aren't doing themselves any favours by acting like hooligans.

Just keep in mind the one you see "demonstrating" are the infamous 1% of any society.

How this whole conflict has developed into a "We hate the West campaign" is laughable. The Norwegian Gouvernment apologized here: http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/722. The editor of the magazine apologized here http://apnews.myway.com//article/20060128/D8FDDOI80.html , here http://apnews.myway.com//article/20060128/D8FDDOI80.html and here http://blog.newspaperindex.com/2006/01/28/an-open-letter-to-the-citizens-of-saudi-arabia/ . Isn't that enough ? Seems like some people need to develop a non-violent approach to conflict resolution asap. It cannot be true that the only way they know to protest is to resort to violence.

Wake up and smell the Coffee. You're okay with your Leaders filling their own pockets with Oil money as long as they use anti-American rhetoric to make up for it ? Mosques and Muslims alike are getting blown up in Iraq but that's considered colleteral damage in the fight against the western-zionist ocupation, There are Muslims getting killed in the name of your Prophet but you don't care. Radical Hindus are burning the Koran but you don't care. People are beheaded in Islams name but you don't care. We protect Muslims on the Balkans but you don't care. But when a provocative Cartoon gets published in Denmark you're all up in arms. Seems like some of them looked for an apology to go after the West all along. What's even worse is that you're scaring the only ally you might have had away. We suported a solution for Palestine and most of us were against the Iraq war. Heck, we even tried to establish a dialogue with Iran for quite some time now.

I always thought that the fundamentalists were a minority but when I read the news nowadays I'm not so sure anymore. I'm asking myself why we're supporting the Palestinian administration if they don't want us there. Should we only send money, would that be acceptable ? Why are our soldiers out there rebuilding a war torn Afghanistan and why were we trying to establish a dialogue between with Iran if all it takes to ruin it is a reprint of a blasphemous cartoon. Where are the moderate voices we keep hearing about. Do they even exist ? It seems to me like they don't even know what they want themselves ? Maybe I'm wrong here and this is a fundamentalist plot to cut ties with Europe once and for all but one thing is sure. The Middle East doesn't exacly look good in all of this.

In fact it sems like some Muslims suffer from a deeply rooted inferiority complex and the only way they know to make up for it is to be extra fanatic in matters of religion. No we don't hate you. We'd rather see you join the 21 century. But if you can't handle social and economic changes because you fear them and as a result become a direct threat you might force us to act on your behalf. And that is something neither of us wants to happen.

On another note. I think the EU should swing into action and compensate Danish firms for their loss. It can't be that their economy suffers because their Gouvernment wasn't willing to apologize for the free press.

jayhawk said:
Just keep in mind the one you see "demonstrating" are the infamous 1% of any society.

a few days ago 4000 muslims came together in brussels to demonstrate. 4000! that's by no means the 1% that lives here! (demonstration happened peacefully though)

oh yeah .. by the way ..
the shit has hit the fan in Afghanistan ..
a groupe of 300 jackasses have started an attack on a norwegian base
5 norwegian troops have been hurt (and 2 finns.. thay havend done anything)
and all soldiers in that base are using rubber bullits and stuff..
the Afghan National Police have kills one jackass..
and they have some airsupport. (2 dutch F-16s and 2 American A10s)

I propose we build a giant wall around the whole of the middle east, and we cut off all contact. Then they can live their primitive lives to full extent without us westerners making fun of their imaginary idols. All the money that would have gone to rebuild Abdullah's house, will we spent bying me a bigger TV. I want a bigger TV.

What i find so ironic is that we put their religion of the same footing as terrorism, and how do they respond? Using terror. Nice. They really haven't thought this through.

I'm wondering...where do all the muslim women go when they die? Are they part of the massive sexual orgie that takes place is muslims' heaven? Are they the virgins?

IronGauntlet said:
I propose we build a giant wall around the whole of the middle east, and we cut off all contact. Then they can live their primitive lives to full extent without us westerners making fun of their imaginary idols.

First we have to kick those filthy sand ni**ers out of our civilized nations.

Firecat said:
IronGauntlet said:
I propose we build a giant wall around the whole of the middle east, and we cut off all contact. Then they can live their primitive lives to full extent without us westerners making fun of their imaginary idols.

First we have to kick those filthy sand ni**ers out of our civilized nations.

*gasp* you used the one word that Viper has on his ban list

Hmmm...Does it count if i'm trying to illustrate a point?

bone said:
jayhawk said:

a few days ago 4000 muslims came together in brussels to demonstrate. 4000! that's by no means the 1% that lives here! (demonstration happened peacefully though)

Well, what I meant was 1% of any society will be antisocial and violent.

Firecat said:

I was just being silly really. Don't mind me :)

jeffy777 said:
Firecat said:

I was just being silly really. Don't mind me :)

lol...I know....but it does raise an interesting point. However, i'm not going to get into that

swek said:
^^ Is there really a ban list for certain words ? I never heard of it.

Just the "N" word, after viper banned a dude for flipping out and pasting lamo links, then threatining to hack Viper.

swek said:
^^ Is there really a ban list for certain words ? I never heard of it.

Belgium don't you bail on the rest of us now. :lol:

http://www.boston.com/news/world/eu.../06/saddam_sculpture_banned_by_belgian_mayor/

the "statue"
060206_belgianSaddam_hmed_5p.hmedium.jpg

it'll still be exhibited, just not outside ;)
and that has nothing to do with the cartoons, that decision was taken before all the fuss about them

I'm wondering...where do all the muslim women go when they die? Are they part of the massive sexual orgie that takes place is muslims' heaven? Are they the virgins?

good question, can anyone reply?

bone said:

good question, can anyone reply?

People may interpret things in different ways, so I can only speak from my own understanding.

Men and Women go to the same place. Husbands and Wives may be reunited if they wish. On the subject of the "virgins"...first there needs to be an explanation of what exactly is being referred....this may help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houri

I don't think they are specifically promised for men.

Of course, the whole idea of Heaven and Hell is given in terms of what we can understand, or the human language can describe. So some descriptions are metaphors and perhaps shouldn't be taken literally.