Denmark vs. Islam

Wow, this is a bloody long thread, so I skipped most of it. I'm sure what I'm about to post has already been said before in this thread ...

I personally feel that a small minority of Muslims have gone too far over these cartoon's. All Muslims had every right under the sun to protest about these cartoons, but by some small minded minority carrying banners saying "We will bring the next 9/11" is not on. Dressing as Suicide bombers is not on. Trying to burn down embassies, sending death threats, attacking people is not on. It's the minority being depicted by the media but this minority IMO has done damage to the Islamic community.

I'm a Catholic, but I RESPECT every Religion on this planet and I will never judge another by their beliefs. I can never understand how a person can ridicule another persons beliefs. The cartoons may be to show the Feedom of Speech but is the Freedom of Speech a right or a privielege ? I think that purely out of respect for the majority of the Muslim community that these cartoon's should not of being published.

On a regular occurence, I see cartoon's and hear jokes about my God, Jesus Christ and the Virgin Mary. I am offended by them and I express my offence in a civilised manner. However, these silly jokes and images will never weaken my faith.

Who is in the wrong ?

The Answer ? Everybody, except those who don't care or don't let it bother them.

Those who would impose thier beliefs on others are just looking for a way for those beliefs to be validated. Ironically it's thier lack of faith that drives them.

I believe in the right to free speech as a basic and necessary right of every human society, that includes the right to be offensive.

What Freedom of speach?

There is NO such thing atall.
There is no Freedom for the press to write what they want.

If you write something bad about the Jews you end up in jail.

That danish cunt that made the drawing will get what he deservs.
The cunts that decided to post them will also get it.

I agree some countries seem a bit too sentive with the jews, but that's no reason to question the whole idea of Freedom of speech. Please dont start a hate campaign against the jews in this thread.
May I ask what your ethnical background is Scud?

millercap1.jpg

hahaha
Two words for you
KEEP IT REAL...
But that's three words
no it isn't, it is just short for innit... :lol:

Scud said:
What Freedom of speach?

There is NO such thing atall.
There is no Freedom for the press to write what they want.

If you write something bad about the Jews you end up in jail.

That danish cunt that made the drawing will get what he deservs.
The cunts that decided to post them will also get it.

This post just reaks of Moron'et'ness :|

swek said:
In fact it sems like some Muslims suffer from a deeply rooted inferiority complex and the only way they know to make up for it is to be extra fanatic in matters of religion. No we don't hate you. We'd rather see you join the 21 century. But if you can't handle social and economic changes because you fear them and as a result become a direct threat you might force us to act on your behalf. And that is something neither of us wants to happen.

/quote]
i could not agree more. i think much of what has been going on is culmination of your statement stemming from the fall of the Ottoman Empire. I think the many of the Muslims involved fanning these issues are biting many of the hands that feed them. Denmark and Norway donate more money per capita than any other country in the world. They are attacking "free speech" which is the holy grail liberals cherish most- more than their dislike for Bush and the Iraq campaign. For course this morphed into something involving the US and Bush some how to the point where all the violent protest have almost nothing connected to the original issue. Things are either going to collapse into Muslims burning down their countries in frustration or the moderates will realize that their religion is imploding and act.

lastly, when the movie dogma came out which included this image of Christ "Buddy Christ," it pissed off a lot of Catholics but you did not see them storm any embassies or any deaths as a result.

buddychrist.jpg

sorry for all the random thoughts.....first post in this thread...

Yup the effect can be seen alright, and all they (we) are asking for is an apology (at least most of us) The italian minister has had a T Shirt made with those toons now, and that IMO is stupid.

From who are you demanding an apology? From the newspaper?
The Italian minister was kicked out because of this, and that's worth more than an apology in my eyes.
But the whole situation is simply overvalued, I am hoping that some moderate opinions from muslims on this problem will come up in the future. Because we only see the hardliners right now.

Erm Okay. :?

So if I would insult Mohammed you would demand an apology from Germany as well ?

why do u think its messed up to ask for an apology. what i dont understand is why Europe suddenly wants to become an enemy of the muslims, I mean u cant get rid of us, theres a lot of us around.

Edit: well why do u wanna insult the prophet anyway, what good does it bring

Where are you getting your infos from man ? We never intended to become the enemy of the muslim world nor are we intending to. How do you even come to that conclusion ?

All I understand in this whole quarrel is that you seem to have a hard time understandiung the separation between press and state.

EDIT: I don't think it's messed up to ask for an apology at all. And as far as I understan Jylands Posten did just that. What I don't get is that you want Danish politicians to aplogize (Like I said above)

swek said:
Where are you getting your infos from man ? We never intended to become the enemy of the muslim world nor are we intending to. How do you even come to that conclusion.

All I understand in this whole quarrel is that you seem to have a hard time understandiung the separation between press and state.

well reprinting and making TShirts is nothing but provokative.