Destiny (New game from Bungie)

JohnnyRacer

They showed a bit of it off today. I think it's too early to make any judgement on it, but Bungie has never disappointed me.

Sessler does a good job of explaining more.

Last edited:
^It seems it may be on PS4 and PC as well. Again, we've seen a 5 minute vid doc. Put nerd pessimism aside and give it a chance.

I'm interested but it seems like it'll have a heavy app-based side.Not sure how I'll like that.

Just a hint, I noticed that there is no moon in the trailer, so the "sphere" might have been some artificial moon of some type. Also the big disaster might of been that the moon has disappeared and floated away in the future so the earth has stopped rotating and all hell broke loose. So they built a artificial moon to keep the rotation up. But still I don't know what happened with the aliens or the mass death of a lot of people, this is just a theory that seemed some what ligament for the appearance of no moon.

I'm quite excited for this game. It will be another good reason for me to pick up a PS4, unless they release it for PC, then I have a hard choice to make.

I'm quite excited for this game. It will be another good reason for me to pick up a PS4, unless they release it for PC, then I have a hard choice to make.

That's not hard. If its released for PC then that will be the one to get...

It's space sci-fi nonsense, so i'm not interested. However, if you preorder with Amazon you get a beta code, which is due in 2014. They've sent me the code and it's activated by Bungie, so you can cancel the preorder after that.

Erm, it's pretty fucking good. :rolleyes:

It's no fun by yourself, but if you get 2 random people to join you then the hours fly by.

Dunno if this video will work.

Video

Last edited:
Beta goes live today, for those of us with real consoles anyway...

The Destiny Public Beta will begin on July 17, 2014 on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 platforms, and will begin on July 23, 2014 on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One platforms. The Beta will be offline for maintenance on July 21 and 22, and will end on July 27, 2014.

When you redeem your code on the Bungie website it states.

destiny_beta_portal.jpg

If thats true, I have a few codes available for multiple platforms/regions.

PS4 is 12GB, PS3 5.5 GB

I have them both, one of my buddies doesn't have a PS4 yet, so i'm gonna try the PS3 version aswell.

I would very much like one for PS4 if you have a spare?

PM sent, see you on the moon.
p.s. Bungie and PS Store taking a massive hit. So it might be slow to download.

Played it on ps3 with a friend last night, the ps3 version looks alright actually.
I fired up my ps4 and my character carries over... Best game ever.

P.s. I still have codes if anyone needs one.