Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Installing now...

I just realized it came out today, so I hustled down to Lamestop to trade in some games and picked it up.

I'm planning on buying it next week after i get back from California. Still havnt decided if i should get it on PC and play it on my monitor or get it on 360 and play it on the Big plasma screen i'll soon be buying as well.

I'll get it for 360, much better setup in my room with my 360 and surround sound D:

So far, I have nothing but good things to say about it. I highly recommend getting the social augmentation as one of your first. You'll see why as you go thought. ;-)

And I love my pistol. I have it silenced, armor piercing ammo, laser sight, and have up'd the magazines capacity twice, giving me 16 in the mag. Head shots all day long without being heard!

There is so much missing from this game's stealth. Why can't I open doors quietly? Seriously, it's like Jenson just kicks them open like an idiot.

And the enemies never do anything interesting, so it's very hard to get creative. Either the situation is meant to be bypassed (oh look! Some movable crates. There won't be a duct cover behind there that I can open, no sir-ee!), or the guards do the same "wander down the dark hallway" act to make it easy.

Obviously an action game at heart. But the controls suck, so I'm still confused. Why am I pressing X instead of A like every other Xbox game in existence? Who uses X for menus? Seriously?

Last edited:
Like cracking it open instead of opening it all the way? I don't see the issue. If you open it when the guard isn't looking, they don't see it and don't react. Open it while they are looking, they get curious. I crouch when I open them in a hostile area.

While I agree the AI is sometimes sporadic, they do react to noise and and changes in the situation. Leave a body behind, they get alarmed. Get to close and noisy, they see what's going on. Hell, I use distractions all the time. Throw a box to make noise or even set off and explosion. I used a vending machine to block a doorway so the could not get to me. That was funny.

One the controls, I totally disagree with you here. They are slick and have had zero issues. I find movement in stealth easy

Sticks are sluggish at best and movement is imprecise are the main gripes.

And no that's not true about the doors. I opened a door with a guard about 10 feet away facing away, and he screamed like a banshee when I opened the door. Then shot me dead.

Stealth just seems quite derivative with all the same failings of all the other stealth games to come before.

Things I do like are the story, the characters so far, and the graphics.

Last edited:
Officially done. Tired of spending 30 minutes on each room, loading and re-loading trying to find the "proper" way through it without being detected. The AI is far too finicky to encourage experimentation or inventive ways of dealing with the situation. The sandbox toolset is not there.

It's not a revolution in stealth games.

I think it's good that they got some of the voice actors back from DX1, Bob Page D:

Beat the game on "Give me Deus Ex" mode aka hardest. Not a bad game, but I was expecting more out of it-- too many loose ends that were never tied up at the ending.

at least we know that there will be no shortage of prostitutes in the future (or you may cause one depending how you play)

been playing the game over the weekend and i am absolutely loving it. enough to the point that i went out and got the first 2 Deus Ex games for the PC yesterday. i generally go with a adaptive approach to my combat method. stealth until i reach a point where i have to take offensive action.
on top of that i'm liking all the background stuff to the game. in between missions. i'm frequently taking a few minutes just to read all the e-books, newspapers and news channel stuff to appreciate the background universe.
definately shaping to be one of the best games i've played this year.

after having loads of fun trying to install the first two Deus Ex games onto my computer. finally managed to get it sorted and will start playing as soon as i've finished Deus Ex Human Revolution.