Did it snow where you live?

Never seen snow or touched snow in real life. I'm glad it doesn't snow here...BlaRo's right - its overrated.

So you've obviously never gone skiing or hit some radcore jumps on a special edition Brent Hull GT? Snow is the most underrated thing there is.

So you've obviously never gone skiing or hit some radcore jumps on a special edition Brent Hull GT? Snow is the most underrated thing there is.

That all depends on where you live. I've seen so much I'm rather sick of it.

Yeah, it was a blast snowboarding in my younger days, but I'm happy without it at this point in my life.

That all depends on where you live. I've seen so much I'm rather sick of it.

My town too gets a lot of snow and I could never live without it. Maybe it's just because I am really into outdoor stuff, but I really don't see why people hate it so much.

yeah, everyone's different. I used to love it too. Maybe I'll love it again some day :)

Its supposed to be cold now, but its not. No snow, some rain. I'm actually enjoying the warm winter.

It seems to me that we are following an El Nino pattern, but I'm not sure.

My town too gets a lot of snow and I could never live without it. Maybe it's just because I am really into outdoor stuff, but I really don't see why people hate it so much.
It's freaking cold!! :blink:

i'd rather have snow than rain, recently its been a shitload of rain and nothing else.

Never seen snow or touched snow in real life. I'm glad it doesn't snow here...BlaRo's right - its overrated.

don't hate what you've never tried :p

At least in Australia we have the luxury of going to the snow for a day and returning down into the 'burbs without any of the drawbacks of living with it.

i'd rather have snow than rain, recently its been a shitload of rain and nothing else.
Even though I despise cold weather, I'd have to say I agree. The worst is when it's just a few degrees above freezing and raining real hard. Dodging puddles and getting drenched on the way to class is so much worse than being covered in snow. Plus snow is usually a lot prettier to look at than dull gray rain.

Let me know how this turns out since it's my first real drunken post.:lol: Yay 21'st birthday immediately followed by New Year's Eve!

Nope, just more fucking sun.

I miss snow.

Get a good jacket, some mitts and a warm toque. You'll be fine, trust me.
lol, you think I don't know that Mr. I-just-get-rain-all-winter-long-in-BC? :p

My power didn't go out:? they're making it out to be a lot worse than it was, it really wasn't that bad. What made it bad was that the lower elevations on the front range don't actually get too much snow contrary to popular belief about colorado being a winter wonderland, it snows like this only every few years, the last time I remember a dump like this was well back in the 90s.

Here's some pics from the first storm. the last one didn't really add much in the Denver area, but it was pretty nuts out east towards kansas I guess.

HDRpond.jpg

car.jpg

car2.jpg

parked.jpg

stairs.jpg

tree.jpg

I love the snow, I used to hate it, but I've grown to love it. I don't think that I could live in a place without seasons, but I'll admit, if we had bad winters like Iowa, the Dakotas etc. I'd probably be sick of snow. Colorado winters are actually pretty mild, and it can blizzard one day, and then the next everyone is outside in thier T-shirts shoveling snow. Usually what happens is we get a big dump, then in a week or two you'd never know it snowed at all at the lower elevations. I think the lack of being SUPER cold is what makes me not hate snow. Winter in places like New York, the northern midwest(especially near the great lakes) is NO joke. that shit is like unbearably cold and wet, I would freaking hate that.

lol, you think I don't know that Mr. I-just-get-rain-all-winter-long-in-BC? :p

Sorry, you don't show your location so I thought you were some fancy euro. :lol:

But this has been a good winter for us. The snow has been sticking around for longer.

http://img174.imageshack.**/img174/3401/pict0040yp0.jpg
Not in calgary but just after x-mas in fernie tons of snow and the skiing was just out of control. Up on the mountain they got about twice that much.

Last edited:
It extremely warm here in New York City. Normally, it would be around freezing, but the temperature is in the 40s and 50s (Farenheit that is)