Did TG ever review the prelude?

mitchtj

Just wondering? Id like to see it?

Preferebly the 3rd gen (88-91), but the others would be good too.

Don't remember ever seing a prelude in TG, not even in the old episodes that are already up (thanks to our fellow member pumesta). Perhaps it will show up in future episodes he posts.

I can review the '89 to '91 model. The answer is: One of the best FWD cars money can buy. And that's why I own one. ;)

Not too much power (you really don't want much with FWD) excellently balanced, but even better balanced once you put some proper sports suspension under it, the brakes cope far better than they have a right to (there's really not that much to them) and it puts a smile on my face every single time i drive it. (and i should know, i only got out of it 5 minutes ago)

Clarkson shows a 5th gen in his top 100 cars video with the lable "Best looking Japanese Car Ever"

flyingfridge, oooh 3rd gen owner.

Is yours the 5 speed model? Pitty its not the series 2, there definely the gem of the 3g's.

mitchtj said:

Is yours the 5 speed model? Pitty its not the series 2, there definely the gem of the 3g's.

Yep, she's a 2.0 Litre Si 4WS with the 5 speed. There really isn't much difference from the s1 to the s2...

EDIT: Although there's now a little voice in the back of my head saying 'the S2 copped the 2.2 litre engine you stupid git'. Am I right?

I have an TG video somewhere where Clarkson tests the 5th gen (the bug-eyed one). He commented that it has a great engine and handles good but didn't like the bland styling. Untimately the prefered a Fiat Coupe Turbo wich he had a short drive in.

flyingfridge said:
mitchtj said:

Yep, she's a 2.0 Litre Si 4WS with the 5 speed.

Preludes had 4 Wheel Steering??

I have an TG video somewhere where Clarkson tests the 5th gen (the bug-eyed one). He commented that it has a great engine and handles good but didn't like the bland styling. Untimately the prefered a Fiat Coupe Turbo wich he had a short drive in.

So, man, can U tell what the name of that video???

Answer for the MAIN Question: Yes, they DID! -> http://www.vb-h.net/tgsepdec00/tgsepdec00.htm
Anybody have this episode???

Last edited:
I can review the '89 to '91 model. The answer is: One of the best FWD cars money can buy. And that's why I own one. ;)
I thought you sold it for the Subie?

And the Prelude had 4WS from 1988 to 1997, when it got redesigned and was tested by VBH in the link above. They stopped producing it in 2001. (Yeah, flyingfridge probably knows better than I do...)

Not too much power (you really don't want much with FWD) excellently balanced, but even better balanced once you put some proper sports suspension under it, the brakes cope far better than they have a right to (there's really not that much to them) and it puts a smile on my face every single time i drive it. (and i should know, i only got out of it 5 minutes ago)

you gotta be kidding me! :unsure:

actually I think in his 100 best cars or something DVD he said its the best looking japanese car or something like that if my memory serves me right.

Well BlaRo is kinda right, i do still have the prelude....

anyone want to buy a 1990 prelude?