Diecast Models

Awesome as it is, I would like to point out that with all the money you've spent on these models so far, you could have gotten yourself a beater 850 :)
Well, you could say that to people who smoke, often drink alcohol or take drugs, too. ;) Everybody has his guilty pleasure, for some it's collectiong diecast models. ;)

By the way: I just photographed my showcases. Not the best camera I have to admit, but for a general overview it's enough. ;) Every picture is a clickable link to a bigger picture.

Nice collection :)
CMC Bugatti and Porsche?

Yup, the two cars in single showcases are models by CMC. :) Both are absolutely stunning. Expensive, yes, but they are worth every cent since they are incredibly detailed, much more detailed than AutoArts (except the Zonda R which on the other hand costs as much as the CMC-models, too).

I love this hobby! I collect most sizes, from 1:18 to 1:43. They are great cars to keep, amd very highly detailed. Unfortunately my Nephew broke a few of them, but the legacy lives on! Unfortunately I don't have a camera but I have 256 cars, from Fords to Volvos. 9 1:18 Scale, 14 1:24 Scale 117 1:32 Scale, 114 1:43 Scale.

I went on a shopping spree this weekend... :huh:
- Kyosho BMW Z4 E89
- Greenlight Dodge Challenger Coup?
- Greenlight Dodge Challenger Convertible
- Autoart Chaparral 2
- Autoart Lamborghini Murcielago
- Autoart Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7
- And I picked up the Autoart BMW M3 E30 Sport Evolution "Cecotto" which I purchased by auction last week

Last edited:
Was bored while waiting on a Optima battery check for a free replacement. So went to walmart and picked up a few hot wheels/matchbox. I mostly only pick up Nissan/Datsun/Infiniti cars, but some others are creeping in. Also ran into a collector there who sold me a Treasure Hunt 240z.

17675f1b.jpg

This past weekend I completed my display case. $75 for it on craigslist (has $600 on label on the back). But added 4 more shelves to it, which was $125 in glass. So $200 for it basically.

e6d321c4.jpg

bcc2fabb.jpg

And here is my new 911 from 1964 from AutoArt.
I love the color (grey with red) and it just belongs to my collection.

I wanted it since I read a great article about steve mc queens cars and his one was also grey with red seats.

IMG_4679.jpg

IMG_4680.jpg

IMG_4681.jpg

IMG_4682.jpg

IMG_4683.jpg

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

IMG_4686.jpg

And some group-shots who underline that the shape actually never changed that much but why should it. The 911 is a myth and very popular. Can?t wait to add the new 991 to my collection and also the 993 that Schuco has in the pipeline. :drool:

IMG_4688.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

IMG_4690.jpg

IMG_4691.jpg

IMG_4692.jpg

IMG_4693.jpg

If this isn't the place for my question : I apologize in advance.
Any idea where one can find die cast models of the current range of Mitsubishi cars? The only one I can find is the Evo...
For obvious reasons I'm particularly interested in the Colt.

I'll take some pics of my meagre collection when I receive my Easter gift from the missus (which I happen to know is a die cast car:) )

go to oldtimer meetings!

flanders collection car in gent, dreamcar international in mechelen, moto retro in wiezen, classic salon in antwerpen, ...
there are loads of stands that sell diecasts, and if they didn't bring the one you want, they sure will be able to get hold of them...

If this isn't the place for my question : I apologize in advance.
Any idea where one can find die cast models of the current range of Mitsubishi cars? The only one I can find is the Evo...
For obvious reasons I'm particularly interested in the Colt.

I'll take some pics of my meagre collection when I receive my Easter gift from the missus (which I happen to know is a die cast car:) )

Current facelifted Colt is being produced by Vitesse in 1:43 (they also made the pre-facelift model).
http://cars.minimodelshop.co.uk/list-diecast-model-cars/&T=d1&C=Mitsubishi_Colt&Start=1&Count=20

Apart from the Lancer and EVO, you can also get models of the i, Outlander and Pajero.

Thanks for the link, gt. I've located a white one on Amazon already as well.
Shame they don't seem to do the red one...

Today I got to photograph the models I bought over the last 4 months. :)

First the CMC Porsche 901 in baliblue - stunningly detailed.

Then some Autoart-models

Koenigsegg CCX in orange

Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7

Chaparral 2

Porsche 917 short tail

A whole load of Porsche 997 GT3 (RS)

Porsche 996 GT3 RSR "Plain Body"

Porsche 996 GT3 Cup "Plain Body"

Lamborghini Murcielago and Gallardo

BMW M3 E30 "Cecotto"-Edition

A german model car shop cooperated with Norev so two BMW M1 are in my collection, too, later this year there will be orange and blue M1's officially from Norev.

Revell made a Wiesmann GT in decent quality so I bought that, too.

A load of OttO-models (made from resin, nothing to open, but always limited production run and not that expensive, additionally they are models which no other manufacturer produces)

Audi S2 Coup?

Peugeot 205 CTI

VW Scirocco II GTX 16V (the 16V-logos on the B-pillars are upside down, but that's only a minor fault which I can live with)

Then one Kyosho-model, a BMW Z4 (E89) with functioning roof mechanism

Two Minichamps-models have arrived, too, an Audi V8 quattro DTM from season 1992, driver Hubert Haupt

And a Mercedes SLS AMG

Then two Greenlight Dodge Challenger, one Coup? and one Convertible

And last but not least a Welly Porsche 964 turbo (not good quality, but cheap and AFAIK there is no other manufacturer which produces a 964 turbo)

:shock:

Wow. Just wow. I want a collection like that.

Just got this one and I call it:

"celebrated silver air-cooled Beetle".

Don?t know if they celebrated the 993 GT2 back in the days but I have something to celebrate.
I?m now 4 years in my company and I?m happy and proud of myself and the whole team.
This silver special Beetle should be the symbol my special day. :dance:

Ut did a descent job on it, though you can see the years.
Lets hope Schuco hurries up with theirs.

But even then I?m not thinking about selling it anyway

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4698.jpg

IMG_4699.jpg

IMG_4700.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4702.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

@Eye-Q,

yap, very nice additions, esp. the Koenigsegg and the stunning CMC Beetle.
But I prefered the grey one from AA, mostly because of the color.

yap the 993 is the best of the 911 saga :D

I just received the OttO-models BMW M5 E39 :mouse:

The second model I received is sold.
Does anybody want one, too? It's sold out already since the pre-orders exceeded the limited production of 2000 models. I ordered two, both are in good condition, one of them is missing the glass of the left fog lamp, but I already got a mail from OttO that it's gonna be replaced.
If you want it, you can contact me via PM, I won't make public who is the buyer.

Last edited: