Diecast Models

Once again a big one from CMC, this time it's the Mercedes-Benz race transporter from 1954 ("the blue wonder").

[snip]

At the moment I don't have the "freight" for it (I want a W196 with streamlined bodywork since it just fits the line perfectly), but as I just got a raise I'll be able to afford it within a short time. :)
Got it! :) I have the tensioning ropes, too, but as I want to tinker with the Renntransporter (for example remove the pins in the headlights) I didn't put them to work.

(The bodyshell is screwed on with only six screws so you can easily remove it; a fellow collector pointed that out so I had to have a go on it, too)

Last edited:
Bought an additional showcase for my IKEA-shelving system (5 Euro) so straightened the presentation out. :)

It's been a while since I've last posted or been very active in the diecast community, school and now work have sucked my free time down and a motorcycle project has gobbled up most of my funds, but I still keep my eyes open for good deals on diecast. I still really enjoy my models and, of course, the hunt.

Which brings me to my latest update. While visiting family in NY in May, I had a chance to go to Hemmings Motor News HQ in Vermont (I still need to post pics). They had around 30 really neat vintage cars, from a BMW Isetta to 21 foot Cadillac El Dorado and a LaSalle fire truck. The guy who lead our informal tour was a 20 year employee of Hemmings had a wealth of neat stories to share. Anyway, they had a great little shop attached to their gas station with a '48 Indian Chief inside and a ton of car stuff, which of course, meant diecasts.

After perusing their selection (primarily muscle cars), I decided on a red Racing Champions MATCO Tools '70 Charger R/T 440 six pack. Great model, but annoyingly, the headlight with the Charger R/T badging is slightly recessed. However, it sill looks great next to my Challenger.
P1000928.jpg

I've also taken advantage of Exoto's fire sale to get something nice (and belated for my dad for father's day)...hopefully they'll process my order soon!

So my first Exoto model finally arrived... :D

Just a teaser so far, as I bought this for my dad as a late father's day gift. He's never been too terribly interested in my models, but he does like the subject matter a lot, so I hope he likes this model. If not, well, I'll just have to find the space for it :p

P1000935.jpg

It's the Andretti/Bianchi '67 LeMans '67 Mk. IV GT40 :D

P1000936.jpg

P1000937.jpg

I'm going to let him unpack it and take more photos afterwards.

Anyone know when Spark is going to release the 2011 Audi R18 Le Mans winner car in 1/18th scale. I ordered one a couple of months ago an it was supposed to be released around this years Le Mans?

Anyone know when Spark is going to release the 2011 Audi R18 Le Mans winner car in 1/18th scale. I ordered one a couple of months ago an it was supposed to be released around this years Le Mans?

Check modelissimo.de. I believe they should be coming in soon.

its been a while :angel:

But it is not my fault as always but when I see nice stuff I got to get it.
So here is my Aston Martin V12 Vantage. :drool:

I took some pic with its silver V8 brother to underline the differences.

IMG_4794.jpg

IMG_4795.jpg

IMG_4797.jpg

IMG_4798.jpg

IMG_4799.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg

IMG_4801.jpg

IMG_4802.jpg

IMG_4803.jpg

IMG_4804.jpg

IMG_4805.jpg

black british history :mrgreen:

IMG_4806.jpg

It's been a while so here's an update.

I was recently given some cars by someone I know who "doesn't want them anymore". It included a 'fast and furious' style tuned 350Z and the bad guy's Jag XKR from Die Another Day but it also had these. Enjoy some crappy phone pictures:

http://img801.imageshack.**/img801/8270/20120727161.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.**/img7/7237/20120727162.jpg
http://img820.imageshack.**/img820/4808/20120727165.jpg
http://img571.imageshack.**/img571/6572/20120727166.jpg

Not bad considering they were free!

Also, one of the shops in my village was selling this for ?1.99 so I thought "what the hell" and bought it.
http://img811.imageshack.**/img811/6337/20120727169.jpg

Regarding my existing collection, it would appear that some cars have started vandalising themselves! The Renaultsport Megane's door now falls off at the slightest touch, the 'Williams' sticker/badge on the Clio Williams bootlid has fallen off and dissappeared and the passenger side wing mirror on my yellow Impreza has done the same. All very strange. :hmm:

Now I present you a real highlight.
All the details just blew me away :drool:

IMG_4819.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4823.jpg

IMG_4824.jpg

IMG_4825.jpg

IMG_4826.jpg

IMG_4827.jpg

IMG_4828.jpg

Finally complete Corvette-History :mrgreen:

IMG_4831.jpg

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_4833.jpg

IMG_4834.jpg

Pop-Up Lights Club :lol:

IMG_4829.jpg

IMG_4830.jpg

Its my birthday and I bought myself the best gifts :dance:
The endprice was quite high because the customs wanted also their money.

But hey when its your special day, you are just happy the models arrived in time (from china)
and that they are flawless.

Enjoy my birthday-update :cheers:

IMG_4839.jpg

IMG_4840.jpg

IMG_4841.jpg

IMG_4842.jpg

IMG_4843.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

IMG_4845.jpg

IMG_4847.jpg

IMG_4848.jpg

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4850.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4856.jpg

IMG_4857.jpg

IMG_4858.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

Faultier, why you have no R32 GTR? So sad :(

I'm thinking of selling the few models I have, anyone here interested maybe?

I've got (all in 1:18, with the original boxes):
AA Ford Mustang GT390 (Bullit)
AA BMW E28 M5 sold
AA Mazda RX-8
AA Aston Martin V8 Vantage
AA Porsche 911 Turbo (996)
Kyosho Audi A8 4.2 TDI
And an AA Norton Commando 952.

Sadly, not all of them are in perfect condition. :(
One the A8, some of the lettering on the bootlid has peeled off. The driver's side mirror on the RX8 has broken off. The little antenna of the Mustang has broken off as well. One of the wipers on the Aston came loose, but it's glued back on (you can slightly see it when you look really closely). And the Porsche's left exhaust tip has fallen off as well. And the right side of the Norton's handlebar is dangling is loose.
So yeah, they're used, and I'm willing to sell them for a price that reflects that.
Anyone still interested? :unsure:

Last edited:
AW: Diecast Models

AW: Diecast Models

I would have bought that M5. No surprise it got snapped up.

Can I interest you in something else then perhaps? How about Audi? Is much bigger, and newer, and more powerful, and better! For you I make special price! :p

Question for the experts here - is there any word on AutoArt (or any of the other good companies) making an S60R or a V70R eventually?

Question for the experts here - is there any word on AutoArt (or any of the other good companies) making an S60R or a V70R eventually?

I can tell you that the stuff that they currently have in the pipeline has 0 Volvos and the stuff that the list as "coming out" usually doesn't come out for years, if at all.