DiRT 3

Delivery estimate is the 24th though. :p

PS: lulz @ hard copies

It better be shipping from around the corner then.

You'll wish you had a hard copy when your hard drives fail. ;) :clings to a CB radio:

You'll wish you had a hard copy when your hard drives fail. ;) :clings to a CB radio:

You'll wish you had a digital copy when you lose your disc. ;)

(and incase you weren't kidding, I can just easily re-download it off Steam)

Wow. Just wow. Been playing it for like 4 hours now. So much fun and the physics are great. The sand in Kenya feels really different from regular old dirt, gravel in Finland different from... Well you get the idea. :)

You can also directly upload to YouTube from ingame (max 30 seconds, boo), but the quality is utter shit:

Funny clicking through the related videos and just watching random people race.

Last edited:
What about the introductions and comments by other drivers? Are they still as repetitive and annoying? If so, I won't buy this game...

I am still pissed off at the original Dirt for the rubber-band physics. You could be way ahead of competitors, then all of a sudden they rocket into you at impossibly high speeds, destroying your vehicle and ending the race for you..

I am still pissed off at the original Dirt for the rubber-band physics. You could be way ahead of competitors, then all of a sudden they rocket into you at impossibly high speeds, destroying your vehicle and ending the race for you..

I don't remember any of that, but DiRT 2 was significantly different than DiRT 1's physics and AI. Try the DiRT 2 demo (no DiRT 3 demo yet).

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sejUIKDWYhk&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
DiRT 3 has a cool feature that allows you to upload highlights of your replays directly to your YouTube account! It'll be cool once I get some truly epic bits after playing the game more!

I am either blind or crazy...

I am sitting at work trying to order the game online. I checked Target, Walmart and Amazon. None of them have the PC version, or at least I can't seem to find it.

I am either blind or crazy...

I am sitting at work trying to order the game online. I checked Target, Walmart and Amazon. None of them have the PC version, or at least I can't seem to find it.

Can't find it even in Google Shopping. Maybe Steam has a sort of timed exclusive.

EDIT: eBay has some sketchy ones.

Last edited:
That would be total bullshit. I'm not downloading 8GB through my measely 3mbps connection. Plus, I like having the actual box.

Edit: Found my answer on the offical Dirt 3 forum:

I want to buy a boxed copy for PC. Where can I get one?
PC boxed copies are only available in mainland Europe.

FFUUUUUUU, Codemasters! This just elimated the only positive aspect of original games. If you are forcing us to download 8GB, then why don't we just download a pirated version?

Last edited:
DiRT 3 has a cool feature that allows you to upload highlights of your replays directly to your YouTube account! It'll be cool once I get some truly epic bits after playing the game more!

See above. :p

Quality is crap and a 30 second limit. :(

Some random screenshots just for fun:

Note the interior reflecting off the windshield. It's a real reflection too as your arm will block it when you turn, etc.

See above. :p

Quality is crap and a 30 second limit. :(

True, but still a cool feature nonetheless. Can't even begin to count all the times I did something really cool in DiRT 2 and thought "Damn, I wish my friends were here to see this!"

This game is so good. I had to make myself stop playing, otherwise I would be up the entire night.

I never played DiRT 2 so I'm not sure how that was, but I miss the full customization of your vehicle that DiRT 1 offered. I enjoyed having a 37/63 rear differential bias and having my brakes with a 55% front bias, etc. The simple slider DiRT 3 uses feels a bit dumbed down.

Nevertheless, this is the first game I've bought in two years and couldn't be happier.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sejUIKDWYhk&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

:drool::burnrubber:

Got the game for PS3 yesterday, liking it so far. The cars still have the tendency to occasionally snap sideways into a slide that you cannot recover but generally the driving feel has improved from Dirt 2. I don't know whether it's the driving feel or the cars have more grip, but so far driving the rally stages feels a lot easier in Dirt 3 than it was in Dirt 2, with all aids off.

The cars still have the tendency to occasionally snap sideways into a slide that you cannot recover but generally the driving feel has improved from Dirt 2.
I'v found that only happens when you lift off the throttle sharply at high revs. Lift off the throttle a little more slowly or start braking before lifting.
Happened to me and a friend on the way back from a rally the other day actually. He was taking a tightish corner around 80kph in his Pulsar SSS and lifted off the throttle. The car went sideways and he had no idea what to do. Ended fine though lol and he sold the car that night. I'll never be driving with him again though...

Last edited:
Proper throttle control is a lot more important in DiRT 3 than DiRT 2. You get used to it.

PS: I'm into season 3 already. :?