DiRT 3

i just knew before i watched that trailer that there would be ken block stuff!

There was rallying in Dirt 2, just a serious lack of it.

Dirt 3 still looks like it's all "Monster Energy brosive Xtreme Sports yo" rather than actual rallying.

Between this and F1 2010, Codemasters is in the business of making me broke. And business is booming.

Please do a Grid 2. :drool:

Apparently the Suzuki Pikes Peak car is going to be in it.

The only reason the trailer looks good is that there's real rallying and snow, two things seriously lacking in DiRT 2, which was mind numbingly boring towards the end, repetitive tracks and really monotonous even with different cars.

Gotta love expansion packs being released as full games.

Looks more like Dirt 2.1

metro.co.uk said:
Due out in 2011 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, the game will featuring such treats as 'snow and ice, dynamic weather, YouTube uploads, fierce rides and epic tracks, splitscreen support, party modes, and an open-world playground'.

All this was revealed in a new preview in Edge magazine, which also talks about a new career mode that emphasises team play. The game will feature over 100 courses in place such as Monte Carlo, Norway, Aspen and the Africa savannah.

In terms of vehicles there'll be a mix of both modern and older models, as well as super buggies and RAID trucks. Whatever they might be.

Perhaps most importantly for some fans Codemasters has promised to tone down the festival theme and American voiceovers of the last game, with a new frontend and narration style meant to please both U.S. and European fans.

Source: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/836882-first-colin-mcrae-dirt-3-details-hit

I'm quite tired of getting Ken Block shoved down my throat. He's not that great. Why not actually include some REAL drivers in there. Loeb, Hirvonen, Solberg, Ogier, Sordo...
I didn't even play Dirt 1 cos cars handled like crap, Dirt 2 is quite better at that but it seems to be completely designed for young/american audiences (with their fixation for the X-games)...
Dirt 3 needs to be a game that goes back to the real stuff. Long challenging rallies, realistic damage to parts, a championship mode... Have your own crew, maybe hire them manually and having them work on your car in between stages, fixing that rear right suspension you busted. Let you paint and design your car... Honestly, there's so much potential for a great game, and Codemasters is wasting it on Ken Block advertising.

I'm quite tired of getting Ken Block shoved down my throat. He's not that great. Why not actually include some REAL drivers in there. Loeb, Hirvonen, Solberg, Ogier, Sordo...
I didn't even play Dirt 1 cos cars handled like crap, Dirt 2 is quite better at that but it seems to be completely designed for young/american audiences (with their fixation for the X-games)...
Dirt 3 needs to be a game that goes back to the real stuff. Long challenging rallies, realistic damage to parts, a championship mode... Have your own crew, maybe hire them manually and having them work on your car in between stages, fixing that rear right suspension you busted. Let you paint and design your car... Honestly, there's so much potential for a great game, and Codemasters is wasting it on Ken Block advertising.

We're not all flat-billers...:/

You do know there is an officially licensed WRC game coming, right?

I didn't, but fully licensed titles hardly ever come out well. Look at the FIFA series vs the Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer. Honestly the best Rally sim out there is still Richard Burns rally, which is like 6 years old. They had plenty of time to grab it (the concept, not the game for a direct sequel), learn from it, improve it and release a new fresh version...

Every post he's ever made is him raging about something.

Then says he's being sarcastic with absolutely no indication. :lol: