Dirt Rally

Karoug

Techno Viking
Car(s)
Scooter power!!
A codemasters game worth buying?

Welcome to DiRT Rally ? a new world of DiRT. A pure expression of rally, the pinnacle of off-road motor racing and it begins now, in Early Access, with regular free updates including new locations, new game modes and new vehicles.

DiRT Rally captures the essence of what makes rally unique ? that sense of trying to remain in control of your emotions, as you hurtle along dangerous, undulating roads at breakneck speed, aiming to squeeze everything out of your car whilst knowing that one crash could irreparably harm your stage time. It?s the ultimate test of a driver?s skill, and it?s the ultimate in high risk, high reward gameplay.

Every stage will test you differently, as you feel out grip across varying surfaces and adapt your style to a range of different weather types. As the car suffers attrition you?ll need to account for mechanical damage whilst your dedicated rally team tries to keep you competitive with time-limited repairs between stages. As stages string together, each rally becomes a marathon-like test of concentration and skill, as you trust in your co-driver and your own ability to react and adapt, in order to stay competitive and chase that ever-elusive perfect run.

http://www.codemasters.com/game/dirt-rally/

edit: Despite being against early access i bought it, will report back!

Last edited:
I thought Dirt was dead and buried, nice to see it back. A proper rally sim is very welcome indeed, rally games for the last 10 years or so have just been arcade-y.

Edit: Oh balls this is going to cost me the price of a Fanatec Clubsport handbrake, isn't it? :lol:

Last edited:
bought it yesterday did 30mins-1hr and I love it, needs some work maybe to make the car feel a little more loose on the gravel but the sounds and presentation are amazing. really is challenging but fun and rewarding, glad I put the money down for it. Excited to see where it's going to go.

Bought it, it appears that this will take me back to the glory days of the original Colin McRae Rally I had on Playstation. :)

Or Richard Burns Rally!

Or Richard Burns Rally!

I never played RBR as it happens, don't know why.

Just been playing it and they certainly haven't sugar coated it when you turn off the assists. I first tried to drive the Fulvia with full manual and I found myself ploughing in to every corner as my feet tried to catch up. Switching to sequential made a big difference. I look forward to playing more tomorrow. :)

I never played RBR as it happens, don't know why.

Just been playing it and they certainly haven't sugar coated it when you turn off the assists. I first tried to drive the Fulvia with full manual and I found myself ploughing in to every corner as my feet tried to catch up. Switching to sequential made a big difference. I look forward to playing more tomorrow. :)

I want this!

Wow this looks [and sounds] truly stunning!

Played it at my friends house today, who already bought it. It's fantastic already. I'm definitely picking this up very, very soon.

Great fun! At first, my wheel was set at 900degree turn and it was impossible to stay on the road... after setting it to 200degrees I felt like Walter Rohrl in the Quattro, I even managed to finish first a stage.

200 degrees eh? I found a guide that suggested 400 so was running with that. Will have to try 200.

The worst thing was being distracted by the in game steering wheel turning at a different rate, it would be nice if you could turn that off anyway.

200 degrees eh? I found a guide that suggested 400 so was running with that. Will have to try 200.

The worst thing was being distracted by the in game steering wheel turning at a different rate, it would be nice if you could turn that off anyway.

To be honest I'd just do it like in the video I posted - make your field of view smaller. If you have something like a 24 - 30" inch monitor and you're sitting 50-100 cms away from it, your fov probably shouldn't be any larger than 45 degrees - which should erase the ingame steering wheel problem automatically.

http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/

To be honest I'd just do it like in the video I posted - make your field of view smaller. If you have something like a 24 - 30" inch monitor and you're sitting 50-100 cms away from it, your fov probably shouldn't be any larger than 45 degrees - which should erase the ingame steering wheel problem automatically.

http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/

Heh. I watched that video but it didn't occur to me that the wheel wasn't visible. I do have a 24" monitor and sit about a metre away, I was actually considering getting a bigger monitor as I felt it was quite small but I'll give this a go, thanks! :)

Completely off topic, but to furthermore visualize it :)

Okay, it took 30 seconds of the Stratos video for me to conclude that I definitely need this in my life. Like, right now.

Bought the early-access on Steam. Lack of locations is a bit disappointing, but then again, this is early-access and early-development. The only major beef I have right now is no full support for the G27 (no clutch or gear mapping to the manual shifter), and there seem to be a few bugs in the pacenotes. Otherwise - AWESOME.

Amazing game, very RBR-esque driving. I found the best settings for my G25 to be 200 deg rotation, 5% deadzone and steering weight at 60.