dirty leggy.

NFF

Car(s)
1983 rx7, 2002 legacy L wagon
well i got my 02 legacy wagon today. love the sound of it runs suprisingly smooth for 234K KM it will need engine work soon though.
wooo 50/50 torque split!
012-19.jpg

002-103.jpg

003-82.jpg

004-57.jpg

005-65.jpg

006-50.jpg

007-38.jpg

008-31.jpg

009-25.jpg

011-17.jpg

will post a vid soon.

Last edited:
Looks fun!

If its anything like the 2.5 in my '08 Legacy (although that has dual exhaust) the engine should sound beautiful under load right at 2k RPM.

Enjoy it! With proper maintenance it will run forever.

If its anything like the 2.5 in my '08 Legacy (although that has dual exhaust) the engine should sound beautiful under load right at 2k RPM.

Enjoy it! With proper maintenance it will run forever.

yea under load at 3/4 to WOT it sounds amazing. idle sounds like a truck. the thing is after 4K it starts to whistle? theres no whistle tip i checked.

At idle I always said it sounds like a tractor, but a truck works just as well.

As for the whistling, neither the 2.2 in my 95 or the 2.5 in my 08 whistle, at all. I had an opportunity to floor it from a complete stop today and got nothing but nice bass sound from the boxer.

idle sounds like a truck

Wow, that sounds more like a truck than my Viper! :lol:

ithe thing is after 4K it starts to whistle? theres no whistle tip i checked.

You're maxing out the microphone on your camera. I mean, you're even moving the camera with the exhaust.

Try moving the camera about 3-5 feet back and trying again. You'll get much better results.

Wow, that sounds more like a truck than my Viper! :lol:

You're maxing out the microphone on your camera. I mean, you're even moving the camera with the exhaust.

Try moving the camera about 3-5 feet back and trying again. You'll get much better results.

nope that camera's good for well over 120db i can hear the whilstle in the car when doing wot pulls.

nope that camera's good for well over 120db i can hear the whilstle in the car when doing wot pulls.

Oh, then perhaps there's a kink in the exhaust?

ill have to look at it more closely but im sure they would of said if there was a problem.

nope no CEL's and it feels strong throught the rpm range. it may just be a whistly baffle in the muffler. ill get under it eventually.

This comment has nothing to do with the whistling, but: yes, shoot exhaust vids further away from the car.
I hate it when people on youtube stick their cameras up the tailpipe to do these vids. I'm not talking about you particularly (NFF). Just... Is that how they think their car sounds to people when it passes by?
011.gif

Rant over, point is, shoot exhaust vids from a reasonable distance, it sounds better.

Last edited:
i just managed 32mpg hwy wooo!

29 hwy in the rain. no cc due to standing water

well i seen something utterly stupid with the design of the ram air on the leggy.
yes thats right its a piece of plastic that covers up the intake.
001-134.jpg

002-104.jpg

well off it comes.
003-83.jpg

this is what it was covering
004-58.jpg

that looks a bit better. not perfect but better
005-66.jpg

so why would subaru do that? isent the point to make it as efficent as possible and get as much air as possible?

^ The 98s dont have that intake due to the Phase II engine. There's is a intake snorkus in the right fender. Usually with the Gen II's you can do the "snorkelctomy" to get more air to push into the torque box. Also you can change the 98 box to a older 95 intake which is more direct to the throttle body than your stock one with the box.