DMCA Notice

fTxIE4o.png

what are the chances of the BBC starting something like netflix?
if i were to start a service like that, i would hunt down all torrent sites as well...

BBC shows are already on Netflix. Top Gear, among others. But only older stuff because they want to protect their syndication business.

UK residents (read: license payers) can watch stuff off of iPlayer for free.

Yes, it's only a tv show, and in the grand scheme of things not that important. But I love it, and I love this site for giving me the opportunity to see the episodes as they're meant to be seen. This is the only site that I've been able to work with. I've tried at least 3 others and have had absolutely no luck, either with actually downloading anything or even registering. I've never felt guilty about downloading the episodes, because I always buy the commercial DVD. And I usually buy both the BBC and the BBCA versions, so I'm not cheating anyone out of their money.

If BBCA continues its current practice, here in the U.S. we'll only have to wait 8 days to see the new episodes, but it'll be their edited down versions. This just really sucks.

I have a tunnelbear subscription so I could use that, I suppose.

Between this and the recent b.s. going on at SoundCloud, it appears that after all these years, the big media corps still don't get it.

Between this and the recent b.s. going on at SoundCloud, it appears that after all these years, the big media corps still don't get it.

This. Numerous models have proven that far from harming revenues so-called "piracy" actually increases them because it attracts a wider audience without the need for expensive marketing. Can't these dickwads grasp the concepts of going viral?

Top Gear wouldn't be what it is today without Final Gear. This site has given millions access to the show that wouldn't have otherwise seen it. Between this and the big decline in the show's format as it's become more scripted, unfunny, cliche and not at all about cars, it's the beginning of the end.

Pretty terrible, but we can still have episode countdowns, and instead of links, maybe just post the file name in non linked text. That's just speech. :)

In reality this will cause me about 1 minute of delay in getting an episode, so...congrats BBC?

This. Numerous models have proven that far from harming revenues so-called "piracy" actually increases them because it attracts a wider audience without the need for expensive marketing.

Oh, that's true. Had I not seen Top Gear during this years, I would not have bought any of Clarkson's books, or any of the TG magazines I've bought along the years, nor would I have suggested Top Gear to so many of my friends, who now watch it on cable tv in italian. Paying.

In the end, I should be getting payed for sharing word of Top Gear, shouldn't I? But ok, I can remain the one to -pay- (let's say 1 euro per show, direct on-line HD download).

Just not that greedy much they want. Put me in the position of having to pay too much for the value I'm getting and I will do to TG what I have done to genralist tv, to pay-tv, to the F1 grand prix, to the soccer world-cup, to videogames, to everything that has seen prices go up and value go down. I will flip my finger and stop watching it, because I don't like to be robbed.

Do they want customers, or do they want to play in their own onanistic sandbox?

It is weird thing that there are some members of this forum are crews of Top Gear UK. I saw that some of our ideas were used in top gear.

We have been in existence for almost a decade and they just noticed us now when there is no top gear uk or australia on air (tg usa is on air though). This is maybe because of the MPAA noticed us because we are hosting links top gear usa. They notified BBC in UK and thus making UK send us a take-down notice.

Here in the philippines there's no BBC or a channel that show latest episodes of Top Gear UK if it's on air. Heck, BBC iplayer doesn't work outside UK.

Host the website somewhere else like Africa. Don't host from EU, USA, Canada, Japan, South Korea, Oceania, and the Philippines(We always yield to US DMCA).

HBO did not issue take-down requests when their highest gross/viewing program Game of Thrones was available for download in various websites.

Top Gear maybe BBC's most viewed tv show and they (BBC) should make it available for everyone for free for everyone either in the UK or not.

I plan to go to the Top Gear Studio in the Uk someday and that take-down notice discouraged me

Always knew this day would come, sadly.

I for one am sticking with FG forever, no matter what the future holds content wise.

I just came on here to check as I do daily if there was any update on when Top Gear UK will return and I see this copyright infringment. Hopefully Viper can speak to someone from the BBC and have this all sorted out for the new season of Top Gear UK. Whatever happens though I will stick with Final Gear as I have done since 2010.