DMCA Notice

My current plan is to replace the main site with a single page showing an explanation of why we no longer offer downloads and a big link to the forums. No sense in keeping the main site up if there aren't any TG downloads available.

That would be understandable. However, it would be quite nice to still have the countdowns somewhere. If the mainpage is deprecated, perhaps they could be incorporated into the forums as a small banner, or have the countdown contained within the pre-episode discussion threads. It was always nice to have a reliable place to go check on when the various shows are scheduled to air.

That would be understandable. However, it would be quite nice to still have the countdowns somewhere. If the mainpage is deprecated, perhaps they could be incorporated into the forums as a small banner, or have the countdown contained within the pre-episode discussion threads. It was always nice to have a reliable place to go check on when the various shows are scheduled to air.

Why give them free advertising?

Because I personally don't hate the makers of the various iterations of TG, just the lawyers et al.

And means I know when to start looking ;)

I would never have watched an episode of TopGear without this site and I did end up buying DVDs anyways. Fuck you BBC. Actually I believe that this site may have helped greatly with TopGear's international popularity.

Last edited:
I was led to this website through this guy http://www.hessmo.com/

He used to upload new episodes. I couldn't download them, just view them.

Why give them free advertising?

By that logic we should remove everything under the show subforums, including all of the episode discussion and what's that song threads, and ban all future mention of anything Top Gear related from the forums. Completely omitting all Top Gear discussion would just mean that the lawyers win even more.

I'd much prefer recalcitrance by continuing to discuss the show rather than giving up and pretending like Top Gear doesn't exist.

The only reason I ever watched the top gear from this website is because it was posted in its original form. Why BBC people think the US should have a modified version is beyond me. Sure it's edited for commercials but then, offer the full version via a web link to buy through iTunes or something the day the episode airs. Is that so hard?

I don't care about music changes, I understand that, it's the content modification I despise.

Thank goodness I'd had the foresight of this happening at some point... Downloaded the entire series from S02 to S21 ... 100gb in standard quality. Well fucking worth it.

The copyright war effort will never thaw ... We have to face this truth.

Try http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/Top-Gear-summary

I use that site to keep track of all of the TV shows I watch and to see what will be coming out each night.

Because I personally don't hate the makers of the various iterations of TG, just the lawyers et al.

Exactly. Great set of people behind the scenes at the show. Plus it wasn't even the BBC that sent the DMCA.

I don't care about music changes, I understand that, it's the content modification I despise.
I'm not sure they've thought this music issue through either - it's just a knee jerk response to some copyright/royalty ruling. Assuming a car show fanatic with blatant disregard for any of this legal nonsense decided to download and watch TGUK and heard the music they liked played in the show. I reckon the same individual would probably already have those tunes in their collection or they may decide to obtain them. You could argue that they might prefer the real thing, rather than a dodgy copy, and spend a few $$ actually buying it. If they hadn't heard it on the show, they'd never have even had the choice :hmm:

Warning - lawyer joke follows -

(If you are one, ask someone else to explain it)

'Is there a lawyer in the room!'

'Yes! I'm a la ...' [BANG!]

'Any more?'

Sure it's edited for commercials but then, offer the full version via a web link to buy through iTunes or something the day the episode airs. Is that so hard?

*dingddingding* We have a winner folks! Seriously, BBC...we know you're watching. THIS....This is your answer.

Short, Simple, and to the point. And it's really all we want.

Ah well, as the saying goes "there are none so blind as those who will not see".
Just looking at the membership numbers from when I signed up to this site and compare them to today's numbers, and it is blindly obvious that TG's now worldwide fame and fortune is to a great extent due to this site; if it hadn't been for the internet and shared links, etc., TG would just be a "poxy little motoring porgramme on BBC2", mourned for by a few ex-parts living abroad and few others. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! There are so many other "viable" options, e.g. ipad shows on the air date, buying a UK license fee, in order to have access to all BBC programs over the internet, etc., which would keep us happy and the BBC in revenue... but no, go in with your size 10's and just make everyone else look for other "illegal" sites!

Hi guys! I've been reading the forums occasionally for years but I only just signed up to post this.

I understand you can't post links to the shows but it's alright, everyone knows how to get them. The timer is the reason I visit this place most often, second would be the forum. Keep these and your website should be alive and well for a long time to come.

Anyways, BBC should be thanking Finalgear, yes I download episodes but only because TG in my country is broadcast with a couple of weeks delay, however I've also bought almost every TG DVD release and a bunch of other silly stuff. And I wouldn't have gotten into TG if it weren't for this website. So as far as it concerns me, Finalgear has made money for the BBC.

Last edited: