DMotor vs. TopGear special (english subs)

I think it was just james smoking (bad James! Smoking's not good for you and that goes for the rest of you! :p)

Anyway, a major kudos to the sub people. The show seems a bit tacky because of the German Voiceover and Carsten scares the crap out of me. Other than that, it seems quite a good show. For German standards.

Oh and by the way, did anyone notice the different subs from Dmotor and Top Gear. In the drag race, after Carsten lost in the Top Gear version it was subbed "Oh bother!" but in the one our FG guys did it was subbed "Sh*ty Gearbox!" lol

I think it was just james smoking (bad James! Smoking's not good for you and that goes for the rest of you! :p)
James as well as Jeremy definitely smoke in the background in that scene. ;)

Oh and by the way, did anyone notice the different subs from Dmotor and Top Gear. In the drag race, after Carsten lost in the Top Gear version it was subbed "Oh bother!" but in the one our FG guys did it was subbed "Sh*ty Gearbox!" lol
Well, at Top Gear it's "officially" subbed for the british TV so you can't write "Shi*ty", but here in the forums it's more accurate since you don't have to bother about if it's shown before the watershed or after. ;)

Those German presenters have a lot of good excuses why they didn't win :D
We always have excuses, that's the whole point of a german's life, thinking of excuses why something didn't go as we wanted. :p

Those German presenters have a lot of good excuses why they didn't win :D

Well, the Top Gear team won only by cheating - still the D-Motor folks did not complain at the end. I think that shows they are good sports...

Originally Posted by grievousjali
Ah, thanks for bringing this up! I was going to ask but forgot. Anyone have any information?
I thought it was a joke by the Germans to mock on the dangers at filming for Top Gear (which is not entirely off the way)

As far as I remember, Jeremy said that guy lost his arm to a shark accident...?

Oh, ok, that makes sense. The narrator sounded rather deadpan so I wasn't sure.

Wait... a German made a joke and I didn't get it? Aren't I supposed to explode now or something? :lol:

Last edited:
Very interesting to watch the D-motor version. Sabine great as usual and Cartsen had his moments. Didn't notice Tim that much, I guess he is the German Stig.

The narrator was very annoying.

Top Gear is still a lot better.

I thought it was a joke by the Germans to mock on the dangers at filming for Top Gear (which is not entirely off the way) ;)

As far as I remember, Jeremy said that guy lost his arm to a shark accident...?
The shark accident story might be true, but I'm more inclined to believe that Jeremy was making stuff up than the Germans :p

Who knows?

Thank you! Thoroughly enjoyed that.

I'm probably in a very small minority, but I thought Carsten was amusing. I'm not sure whether he's supposed to be, but he was :)

No, I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be, in a very dry self-mocking way.

Thanks for the subbing! (and, clearly, putting it on youtube).

I loved the Stig intro though, "some say he's a F1 driver....and that he's faster than james may" brilliant!

Wow that Carson guy is 10x as annoying on their show as he was on Top Gear. Richard's poor winning seems a lot more justified after hearing him moan and cry with excuses for 30 minutes.

Great job with the subs! And I liked Carsten (or however you spell his name)...i guess if we were used to watching D Motor we would sort of be used to the way he complains and speaks...just imagine that you were watching James May for the first time, without knowing anything about him - we would've found it hilarious to see him complaining about racing off-road...:D
That said, the Germans certainly had a whole bunch of excuses for when things didn't go their way :p

Thank you! Thoroughly enjoyed that.

I'm probably in a very small minority, but I thought Carsten was amusing. I'm not sure whether he's supposed to be, but he was :)

I found him amusing too. As someone else said, he and Sabine were both great, Tim Schrick not so much.

Is Carsten's English bad? I noticed the other two speaking a lot more English. (Though he may have been saying more things in German so they had less to subtitle.)

Thanks guys for the rip and the subtitles!

It was great to see a longer more in-depth version of this, and one that put more focus on D-Motor too - I felt that Top Gear didn't give this challenge as much time as it deserved within the episode.

thanks guys for subbing! I really enjoyed it.

"Herr Schtig" und "Capitan Langsam" :lmao::roflmao:

There could be a Top Gear segment coming in the future series which involves a shark somehow. Maybe both can be true?

Did anyone else notice that for the drag race the Germans didnt even once mention the war even though the cars selected were from each side of the conflict.

Though true, you didn't think the Geneva Conventions crack and the bit with the tank about "Ah, this is familiar. Dunkirk... Arnhem..." might indicate that they are not ignorant of the history either?

NTM

Everyone knows the Germans just went on holiday in Poland in the early 40's. There was no war.