Do we have any Android/iOS developers among us?

I can see how a lot of people would open the app mainly to upload new pictures rather than browse and get links for an old one so I think that'll be my next feature :)

Also, no caching for this version.

killpanda, you've got a PM. :)

Didn't realize this was occurring, but if you need any assistance with the server-side debugging, or additional API/features, let me know. PM is fastest way to reach me.

Edit; crashes on login as well with test account,

OS Version: iOS 7.1.1 (11D201)
Report Version: 104
Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Last edited:
Thanks perc and Quiky, I found the issue, it happens when the account doesn't have any pictures uploaded. I already have a fix that I'll submit tomorrow as a 1.0.1, in the meantime it can be countered by uploading at least one picture before using the app.

Quiky: could you provide me with an empty test account? That would help a lot for debugging :)

Thanks perc and Quiky, I found the issue, it happens when the account doesn't have any pictures uploaded. I already have a fix that I'll submit tomorrow as a 1.0.1, in the meantime it can be countered by uploading at least one picture before using the app.

Quiky: could you provide me with an empty test account? That would help a lot for debugging :)

I used a test account with existing images, still crashed. I will pm you a new account in a few minutes.

Edit; Done.
Edit 2: If you have 24 or less images uploaded (single page on "My Images"), then it crashes. Once you hit the second page of uploads (25+ images), then it works great.
Edit 3: There appears to be no way of logging out from the settings menu, must be done within the app.
Feature request; save the logins and prompt which may be utilized upon app launch?
Second request; Settings within the app (if requested by user) to prompt for resize, then prompt again for the code/if-any to be copied to the clipboard.

Last edited:
The bug was an issue with the pagination count so that should be solved as well.

If you guys want, send me your phones UDID via PM and I'll send you the new build tomorrow :)

Can't wait for an Android version of your app :)

Bug with photo capturing in the app:
Take photo in portrait mode, have it set to auto-resize to 1024px, it shifts the image off screen, resizes picture to wrong dimension, then adds white buffer to image;

Landscape mode during photo capture works fine.

Thanks, I've just fixed both bugs and will upload a new test build soon (as soon as Apple's developer portal is back from maintenance actually).

so i want a password safe, but don't trust any of the ones you can download from the store (who says they don't upload every password you enter?)
so i set everything up in visual studio, start a new project...and the code is fucking java??

i don't want to write java! java sucks! i hate semi-colons! (and it's been years since i last wrote java)
running a VB.NET application on android is asking too much i guess?

so i want a password safe, but don't trust any of the ones you can download from the store (who says they don't upload every password you enter?)

Take an app that doesn't ask for network permissions.

so i set everything up in visual studio, start a new project...and the code is fucking java??

i don't want to write java! java sucks! i hate semi-colons! (and it's been years since i last wrote java)
running a VB.NET application on android is asking too much i guess?

You can for example use the NDK and build C/C++ stuff... but most stuff is happening in Java, yeah.

Take an app that doesn't ask for network permissions.

isn't network permission giving access to the settings? (get SSID-name, connect, disconnect, ...)
isn't every app allowed to go on the internet?

I'm sending the new build to Apple, containing both the login / launch bug when less than 24 pictures as well as the orientation bug when uploading.

I haven't had time to work on the other upload bug that Quiky and Perc pointed out to me yet.

To/For Android developers - Cordova/PhoneGap?
I guess you could just take the html source, modify the css a bit and compile it as an apk. It won't be able to take pictures, but, until a java-man walks in this thread, it's still better than nothing.

Now I should say that I don't have an account with armedcats and I don't know how it looks/works, so I'm sorry if I just said some complete nonsense.

EDIT:
It won't be able to take pictures
But maybe it will
http://docs.phonegap.com/en/2.2.0/cordova_camera_camera.md.html#Camera
http://docs.phonegap.com/en/2.2.0/cordova_media_capture_capture.md.html#CaptureImageOptions

But there's still coding to be figured out to automatically upload the picture

EDIT2:
Well, I just found out about WebView, which makes Cordova a bit useless...
So here's another rubbish idea - how about making a mobile version of the site and for android just a dummy application with WebView pointing to that site.

Last edited:
Kind of a side note, I've been looking into windows 8 universal app development and I figured what better way to learn by making an ArmedCats app. Would anyone have any use for it or would it not be worth the time? I would mostly be focusing on a Windows Phone app but it would take minimal effort to allow it to work on Windows 8.

I would be very grateful if there was winmo 8.1 app for armedcats, but win8 app would be nice too (don't use 8 yet).

I would be very grateful if there was winmo 8.1 app for armedcats, but win8 app would be nice too (don't use 8 yet).

Well, looking into it, it would be for both windows 8 and windows phone 8 given Microsoft's push for Universal apps. I don't see much use for the Windows 8 version since the website exists and is perfectly functional but a mobile app would be of more use.

Ah great