Do you get a feeling that some TGA scenes end abruptly?

Nuieve

Something like the tractor scene in the last (5th) episode. It's like they only started the fun, and it all suddenly ended when they ran over the car. I didn't really get what was the point of that tractor part at all, they were supposed to test how does itr fit in the SUV crowd, but somehow they didn't do it at all... just timidly ran it a few yards and parked it. I felt like someone took my dinner away from me and kicked me out of the restaurant me before I even finished my appetizer. TGUK would have made it last at least 5 minutes more for a few more funny scenes. Same with the desert training school scene from the 4th (or 3rd?) episode. There were a few more, I think.

Yes, although the abrupt ending was more a feature earlier in the series than now ..... it was one of the most annoying parts of episode 1 ... the Maybach piece being a prime example. Recently, they seem to be rounding off the segments a little better.

well, that was like the only major complaint i had for this Epp, well, plus whats his name. just needs to go, Cox i think

i dunno about the tractor scene ending to early they had some fun init showing how pointless it was to have such a big vehicle in the cities (take note soccer mums) then tried to park it and ran over a saab there point was proven so the article was right to finish,

i think as said the early ending articles was an issue early on that theyve pretty much fixed (maybach on for instance)

the only article i have issue with is the boat one, either the guys didnt build the boat themselves or the build was so boring they didnt show any of it kinda sucked, watching the guys rip into a car is one of the best bits in the show(tguk) and shoulda been brought into the aus version not too mention they didnt even get into the race and probly werent ever goin to so y pretend

I have to admit, it really shits me how they seem to stop some of the films before they

Yes, although the abrupt ending was more a feature earlier in the series than now ..... it was one of the most annoying parts of episode 1 ... the Maybach piece being a prime example. Recently, they seem to be rounding off the segments a little better.

The Maybach "feature" was to introduce "What were they thinking".

For me it's not so much the abrupt ending, but rather the lack of a conclusion. Although they are addressing that fact now. It has been a steep learning curve for these blokes, and in the The Age recently the reviewer actually said-

"...and while it took years for the UK boys to develop their on-screen repore, Cox, Warren and Brown have come a surprisingly long way in a very short time. Give it a chance, and we will be pleasantly surprised."

For me it's not so much the abrupt ending, but rather the lack of a conclusion. Although they are addressing that fact now. It has been a steep learning curve for these blokes, and in the The Age recently the reviewer actually said-

"...and while it took years for the UK boys to develop their on-screen repore, Cox, Warren and Brown have come a surprisingly long way in a very short time. Give it a chance, and we will be pleasantly surprised."

Too true. The guys seem to have good chemistry in the filmed pieces, they just need to find their own footing in the studio. Maybe even take the time over the break to series 2 and create their own studio, rather than working in a copy of Clarkson's hangar.

For me it's not so much the abrupt ending, but rather the lack of a conclusion.
It seemed like they were responding to comments like these in the latest episode (ep6) because they made some sound conclusions at the end. This is good.

I think it was a combination of not wrapping up segments verbally and also the editing on the first few Eps was a bit sharp, I certainly noticed it too.
Now, (Ep6) it seems nicely cut together and the hosts are given a chance to say their full amount before the chop. Its comfortable to watch these days.

Last edited:
I felt like Steve's review of the 1 Series ended a little too quickly. I thought "wait, that was it?"

I was surprised to see this thread, glad I'm not the only one.