Do you have any food hang-ups?

Meatballs. I will eat minced meat in any other form. I doesn't matter how much gravy or anything you slather over them either, I just won't eat it...or meatloaf for that matter. Something about the texture caused by mincing the meat up and then compacting it back together puts me off completely. Mince inside pies or lasagna or mixed with other things such it is in moussaka = perfectly fine. The funniest thing is, I love hamburger patties and rissoles, which when made by yourself with raw mince, have pretty much the same texture as meatballs. Wat.

:+1:

medium-rare steaks FTMFW!!!

mind you thats only for red meat, pork and poultry have to be well-done.

Pork can be slightly pink or rose in the middle. Obviously game can't be cooked well-done either cos then it's gonna ruin it.

Er, I'm widely known in my family for eating pretty much anything. I used to hate bananas and sprouts but I like both now. There are many things I haven't had the opportunity to try though, like octopus. Actually I can't eat cheddar cheese in anything other than small quantities because it gives me migraines for some reason.

Er, I'm widely known in my family for eating pretty much anything. I used to hate bananas and sprouts but I like both now. There are many things I haven't had the opportunity to try though, like octopus. Actually I can't eat cheddar cheese in anything other than small quantities because it gives me migraines for some reason.

same with gummy-bears for me -.- rather annoying that... and only happens with the bigger, softer ones. the smaller, harder/dryer ones from the tiny little bags are great... the bigger bags are horrible.

I like every product made of tomatoes, but I don't like to eat tomates as such. They are so sludgy and slimy, totally disgusting! :sick:

This. Except it's not the slimy part I think, I partly choked on one when I was a kid and I have that latent feeling sometimes when I eat 'em. Over the years that's died a little bit, but I still regret it when I see it in some indian dishes that don't require it

There's only one type of eggplant (or rather, one method of cooking eggplant) that I love to eat, and otherwise regular sauteed/stirfried eggplants are another hang-up. Don't mind eggplant parmesan too much.

I'm going to get big flak for this, but it's not really my fault: eggs.

I've only ever had eggs once and that was in Berkeley. They were scrambled, and they tasted...euck. I had an egg and cheese burrito a year ago at Rubios and while that wasn't too bad, I couldn't finish it.

We never really eat eggs as Brahmins, since they were originally fertilized, so I've not had much experience with them. I would like to give them a shot again and try some omelettes.

This is more of a preference than a hang-up, but I much prefer grilled/sauteed onions over raw ones. And if I'm in the mood for onion rings at a place I've never been to before, I have to ask the server if they are battered or breaded. (I much prefer battered foods to breaded.) Sadly, many servers don't seem to know the difference.

I hate the idea of fruit in savoury dishes; eg. Raisins in cous cous (I don't like cous cous anyway, the texture is just weird to me), pineapple on pizza, (It *kind of* works in sweet-and sour), etc.

I like bananas, but of late I seem to get a headache when I eat one, so they're out.
Brussel Sprouts, turnip, parsnip (on its own, it's really nice mashed up with potato or carrot), cauliflower, any organs (kidney, liver), yoghurt (makes me gag), red cabbage, apricot are all also equally yucky to me.

Also, I don't really like spicy food.

I will never eat a bananna, ever ever ever. Neither will my dad or only brother.

But i like banna nut anything, bread, pudding, whatever. EXPLAIN!?

Also, someone mentioned shrimp being like bugs, that is probibly more true than you think. I've heard of people eating boiled bugs and mentioning that they are very shrimp like. I'd be willing to eat a bug if it was prepared right.

Other than that i'll eat almost anything.

Olives...can't stand them.

flamed avocado.. had one when i was a kid, never tried it since..

Avocados taste like paste to me. I hatehatehate the texture.

I'm also not fond of spaghetti. It just seems to be the messiest of all pastas. Sometimes I'll eat spaghetti noodles in other things, but for the most part: hell no. I'm not a huge tomato sauce fan to begin with and there isn't enough cheese in spaghetti for me to justify eating it (that sprinkly Parmesan stuff doesn't count).

Tomatoes have a nasty texture, though I've gotten to where I can eat them cooked in things if they're in little bits. Alone, though? Yuck. Squash has kind of the same icky texture to it, too, only it doesn't taste good in anything, IMHO.

I can't stand mushy cooked carrots. Yuck.

Broccoli and cauliflower look like little trees. Nasty little trees. I hate the texture and the taste.

Celery has that nasty crunch to it. Sometimes I can stand it in things, but eew. A lot of the times, I'll just pick it out.

There's a lot of other food I just don't like the taste of, but that's probably for another thread. Turkey tastes like chicken that's gone bad, ranch dressing is one of the most foul-tasting substances known to humanity, bacon is too salty and porky (pork and ham are just kind of gross in their own right, save for pork ribs in BBQ or sliced ham on sandwiches), and...have I said enough to get myself deported from Texas yet?

Last edited:
Woman, do you even eat??? :| xD

ranch dressing is one of the most foul-tasting substances known to humanity

OMG YES! Just a whiff of it sets off major gagging, seriously Ranch Dressing smells horrid.

Oh! I forgot one of my biggest hang-ups (even though I mentioned this as a reason I don't like bacon): salt.

I think I'm just really sensitive to too much salt. It tastes icky, I actually feel crappy after I eat really salty food, and have I mentioned that it tastes icky? I don't understand people who add more of it to their food after it's been cooked. I can't deal with that at all.

I have texture issues, largely related to the fact that I can't swallow very well due to a medical condition. I hate mushy things, mashed potato, most cooked vegetables etc. I feel like I'm choking when I try to eat them. I also dislike the texture of raw onion and find all kind of beans reprehensible. I'm not big on sauce either.