Do you want VBH to go?

Do you want VBH to go?

• Total voters
Meh, the regulars will know that I quite dislike her... According to the current poll result, I'll leave it at that ;-)

As pointed out Vicki tends to get the worst segments....and it shows.

Unsure who told VBH to increase the ridiculous squeals etc, but it needs to stop. Not only does it make her look & sound like an air-head it is really grating to listen to. Vicki certainly wasn't as over the top with this in past seasons (last one excluded).

I'd go so far to say its the producers fault, possibly to make VBH more alluring.

5th Gear at times appears to be a total lottery when it comes to who test which car. Example: one poster mentioned VBH testing the GT3...as good as her test was, I think it would have been far better to have either Jason & Tiff discuss the car & drive it, rather than Vicki, who tends to $hit herself whenever speed is involved (think Kawasaki ZZR-1400, Aston top speed attempt).

How can this be, given VBH is supposed to be a racing driver/instructor?

Last edited:
Yes please. Shes terrible, makes me feel nervous. Tiff, Plato or Tom are laid back guys and authentic while Vicki just tries to be something shes not. Just the giggling and the emotional rollercoaster she seems to be on all the time should be a reason enough to replace her. I understand that they try to give it a womans touch which is great. But Vicki ? people please.

Last edited:
Hell no. It think she is good enough.
Not the best but I don't think she makes the show worse. Abit too mich squealing maby but that is oK. Doesn't bother me too much really. People if they fire her I guarantee you she will be replaced by someone far worse. You know it is true.

But as I said. I think she is doing a good job. What bothers me the most is the constant "OMG RACING GOD TIFF TESTS A CIVIC TYPE R NEXT"-comments. The dude is 50. He might be better than all of us on the forums but c'mon. Greatest driver ever?
I never heard of him before I started to watch 5Gear so he is not "OMG"-great.

Im SORRY but anybody who thinks Henderson is a GOOD driver are sorely mistaken! I've conversed with people who've raced alongside her and she been described by many with phrases such as "dangerous" and "should be banned!" Apparently when she raced a Caterham she virtually crashed into several others then hid behind her security people when people came to enquire as to what the hell she thought she was doing! Ive seen her driving at Rockingham, and shes awful. No race craft or taking the same line lap after lap. Considering Mummy & Daddy financed a fairly expensive racing career. Its no wonder she never made it despite having the best machinery a lot of the time!

And tbh anybody thats so scared at a mere 120mph is not fit to even talk about Supercars being "her kind of thing" Next time anyone watches her show driving, look at exactly what shes doing and you'll see none of the finesse that better drivers such as Tiff, Jason or even Clarkson have.

But as I said. I think she is doing a good job. What bothers me the most is the constant "OMG RACING GOD TIFF TESTS A CIVIC TYPE R NEXT"-comments. The dude is 50. He might be better than all of us on the forums but c'mon. Greatest driver ever?
I never heard of him before I started to watch 5Gear so he is not "OMG"-great.

Tiff is a legend in the UK. Maybe thats something non-Brits will not quite get. He did race (briefly) in F1 a decade or 2 ago. When someone like Damon Hill says Tiff has better car control than him, you know its more than just superlative. Hes like a High Speed Russ Swift. Great feel for what a cars doing if maybe not the fastest driver every day.

Off Topic. The VW Golf GT. Clarkson is right. Doesnt feel fast and is really rather pointless.

Hate her. She squeals like a bitch and tried to be funny. Shes not in the slightest bit attractive either.

Off Topic. The VW Golf GT. Clarkson is right. Doesnt feel fast and is really rather pointless.

That is mainly why I am starting to doubt her ability to review cars nowadays. She seems to try much harder to entertain compared to the other presenters. Fine she may not need to go, but someone should tell her to stop squealing.

So all of you guys voting Vicky out of the show want to have Lovejoy instead, who doesn't squeal and is a better driver? :blink:

When someone like Damon Hill says Tiff has better car control than him, you know its more than just superlative.

If you have any significant racing experience and knowledge, it's obvious to see that Tiff is very good. Especially so, since Ferrari and Williams allowed him to test their F1 cars. My question is, I would like more information on your claim regarding Damon. When and where did he say this about Tiff? Do you have a link?

If you have any significant racing experience and knowledge, it's obvious to see that Tiff is very good. Especially so, since Ferrari and Williams allowed him to test their F1 cars.

Not sure what your point is? Tiffs a great driver, but hes not as good a Racer as Damon. Different skill set.

My question is, I would like more information on your claim regarding Damon. When and where did he say this about Tiff? Do you have a link?

Sadly cant find one. This was said years ago though. IIRC when Damon was still racing. Its one of those quotes that stuck in my head whenever I see Tiff in slide. 8)

cant be 100% sure, but I think it may of been repeated in one of the old TG videos/specials. Can picture Quentin Willson tlaking about Tiff holding a massive power slide then stopping bang on his marks.

cant be 100% sure, but I think it may of been repeated in one of the old TG videos/specials. Can picture Quentin Willson tlaking about Tiff holding a massive power slide then stopping bang on his marks.

That was in the 21 years of Top Gear video that's on Tweeke's FTP.

Not sure what your point is? Tiffs a great driver, but hes not as good a Racer as Damon. Different skill set.

Uhh I was actually agreeing with you buddy. Obviously Tiff isn't as good as Damon was when he was racing because Tiff never had the same experience in F1.

Sadly cant find one. This was said years ago though. IIRC when Damon was still racing. Its one of those quotes that stuck in my head whenever I see Tiff in slide. 8)

So you're saying that Damon said, that Tiff was better at power sliding? Your initial post made it sound like Damon was saying his general driving was better, which was very suspect.

As a watcher of both Fifth and Top Gear... i find that Vicky always is so excited to the point where its annoying, and always cracks the cheesiest jokes! I don't think they should get rid of her, they just need to tell her to stop being so perky and to stop telling jokes.

I like her. She's an excellent driver

i like her too, but she IS NOT a excellent driver, good enouph to handle fast cars, but i really wouldn't say excellent

I like her specially when she acts silly, like in the last episode, when she spun the tires of the C3 diesel...I would miss it a lot.

Frankly IMHO Sabine would easily kick her **s; however she's not so bad as a presenter, despite her frequent squealing noises, and surely a good racing driver.

She'd be more entertaining if she behaved more "normally" just doing her regular job: drive fast and give us mortals the impressions from a racing driver/instructor point of view about cars we probably couldn't even seat in for a life.

Thumbs up

WTF why get rid of Vicky? she is still the best presenter IMO. ok she can be a bit annoying, but she is fun, like they said above.

Come on, stop being sexist men, let her giggle. Doesn't bother me, at least.