Doctor Who

Another mediocre Torchwood.
I actually fast forwarded through a particularly long scene with Angelo and Jack, it was that boring.

And that brings me to one of the things I really don't like about TMD: The overplayed "Jack is gay" angle. First, we don't need to be reminded of that every few minutes. Second, up until this season he wasn't gay, he was bisexual or more to the point, he'd screw anyone or anything, for that matter, that had a hole big enough. But I guess for the Americanized version it's scandalous enough just to have him be gay. And for some reason they think they need him sexed up.

Oh the lovely subtlety of past times, where have you gone...

Another mediocre Torchwood. At this point I'm watching for the plot and not the characters. They can all burst into flames for all I care at this point. Mister I Can't Maintain My Accent isn't an enthralling addition to the cast.

I actually fast forwarded through a particularly long scene with Angelo and Jack, it was that boring.

And that brings me to one of the things I really don't like about TMD: The overplayed "Jack is gay" angle. First, we don't need to be reminded of that every few minutes. Second, up until this season he wasn't gay, he was bisexual or more to the point, he'd screw anyone or anything, for that matter, that had a hole big enough. But I guess for the Americanized version it's scandalous enough just to have him be gay. And for some reason they think they need him sexed up.

Oh the lovely subtlety of past times, where have you gone...

I still haven't watched it. Even hearing that the episode finally makes a reference to the Doctor isn't enough to make me care about this series. i'm borderline close to losing any and all interest in it.

Last edited:
I'm slightly surprised by everyone's reaction towards Torchwood, because I haven't lost any interest in it at all. Yes; it has its flaws, but considering how stretched out the series arc is, the show's actually doing quite well. I'm personally really enjoying it.

I probably just have a fetish for preachy socio-economiciness or something. That's why I loved DW's The Beast Below so much whilst everyone else thought it was merely OK.

Last edited:
I probably just have a fetish for preachy socio-economiciness or something. That's why I loved DW's The Beast Below so much whilst everyone else thought it was merely OK.

I thought 5x02: The Beast Below was brilliant as well. but that was mostly because Karen Gillan / Amy Pond spent the entire episode walking around in her nightie.

I love how the Doctor didn't even let her change. :lol: The Doctor's such a closet perv.

i saw this a few minutes ago and even now i still can't stop laughing at it.

eUCHH.gif

Last edited:
I'm slightly surprised by everyone's reaction towards Torchwood, because I haven't lost any interest in it at all. Yes; it has its flaws, but considering how stretched out the series arc is, the show's actually doing quite well. I'm personally really enjoying it.

I probably just have a fetish for preachy socio-economiciness or something.

The reasons I dislike it is because the dialog is just bad, the pacing is horrid (bursts of exposition sandwiched in by cliche action sequences) and most of the acting is terrible.

Spoilers because Steven Moffat talks about the plot details of the remaining 6 episodes of Doctor Who's sixth series. You HAVE been warned!

6?08: Let?s Kill Hitler
Written by Steven Moffat / Directed by Richard Senior

Amy & Rory have waited a long time for news of their daughter. Too long. But when they summon the Doctor, the consequence will change all of their lives. The TARDIS crashes into Berlin in the 1930?s and they find themselves face to face not only with Hitler, but with a unique assassin from the distant future ? and thats only the beginning. In the F?hrer?s office, at the heart of the Third Reich, the Doctor is in for one of the biggest shocks of his very long life?
Airs in the United Kingdom on BBC One and BBC One HD at 7:10pm on Saturday August 27th. Airs in the United States on BBC America at 9/8c on Saturday August 27th. Airs in Australia on ABC1 at 7:30pm on Saturday 3rd September.

6?09: Night Terrors
Written by Mark Gatiss / Directed by Richard Clark

Horror in Doctor Who comes in many forms and many places, and a cry of distress reaches the TARDIS from the darkest and scariest place in the universe. But where is that exactly? This story began with Mark Gatiss chatting with Steven Moffat on the set of Sherlock. ?I?d like to do scary,? he said. ?Do you know where the scariest place in the universe is? A child?s bedroom?
Airs in the United Kingdom on BBC One and BBC One HD on Saturday 3rd September. Airs in the United States on BBC America at 9/8c on Saturday 3rd September. Airs in Australia on ABC 1 at 7:30pm on Saturday 10th September.

6?10: The Girl who waited
Written by Tom McRae / Directed by Nick Hurran

Time travel is more than just an element of Doctor Who ? its one of the main characters. The Doctor has been in Amy and Rory?s life for a long while now ? far longer than he ever intended. What if something were to go wrong? When they step from the TARDIS into a strange white waiting room, they?re all about to learn just how wrong time travel can go?
Airs in the United Kingdom on BBC One and BBC One HD on Saturday 10th September. Airs in the United States on BBC America at 9/8c on Saturday 10th September. Airs in Australia on ABC 1 at 7:30pm on Saturday 17th September.

6?11: The God Complex
Written by Toby Whithouse / Directed by Nick Hurran

The brief to writer toby Whithouse was just this ? a hotel: make a hotel scary. All those corridors, all those identical rooms, those bleak and souless bars and waiting rooms, that tinkling muzak ? surely all that was made for Doctor Who, where the scariest things of all come bleeding through the ordinary world. Toby Whithouse is the writer of Series 2?s ?School Reunion? and also the creator of the BBC?s hit series Being Human.
Airs in the United Kingdom on BBC One and BBC One HD on Saturday 17th September. Airs in the United States on BBC America at 9/8c on Saturday 17th September. Airs in Australia on ABC 1 at 7:30pm on Saturday 24th September.

6?12: Closing Time
Written by Gareth Roberts / Directed by Steve Hughes

5?11: The Lodger was a surprise hit with the previous series of Doctor Who. It was a simple tale of a barmy Time Lord in a flatshare with a nice man called Craig. Except when you say that one of them is Matt Smith and the other is James Corden, then frankly you?ve got enough going on for a whole other series. Events have moved on in Craig?s life when the Doctor turns up on his doorstep for a second time; there?s a terrible alien threat, of course.
Airs in the United Kingdom on BBC One and BBC One HD on Saturday 24th September. Airs in the United States on BBC America at 9/8c on Saturday 24th September. Airs in Australia on ABC 1 at 7:30pm on Saturday 1st October.

6?13: The Wedding of River Song
Written by Steven Moffat / Directed by Jeremy Webb

?I don?t want to marry you.?
?I don?t want to murder you.?
The Doctor travels to Lake Silencio for his date with destiny. While i was writing this, my wife asked me, ?What happens?? and when i frowned and pondered my answer, she hurriedly added, ?in one sentence. Quite a short one.? I thought of a moment and said, ?The Doctor goes to his death ? and it doesn?t work out as well as he expected.?
Airs in the United Kingdom on BBC One and BBC One HD on Saturday 1st October. Airs in the United States on BBC America at 9/8c on Saturday 1st October. Airs in Australia on ABC 1 at 7:30pm on Saturday 8th October.

6?11: The God Complex
Written by Toby Whithouse / Directed by Nick Hurran

The brief to writer toby Whithouse was just this ? a hotel: make a hotel scary. All those corridors, all those identical rooms, those bleak and souless bars and waiting rooms, that tinkling muzak ? surely all that was made for Doctor Who, where the scariest things of all come bleeding through the ordinary world. Toby Whithouse is the writer of Series 2?s ?School Reunion? and also the creator of the BBC?s hit series Being Human.
That will be epic. BH is a mighty show.

During the episode Blink, the good Doc tells you to not blink. Chances are though if you are a normal person, your total blinking time during that episode was close to 90 seconds. Still feeling safe? ;)

Just a slight update with some recent statements from the BBC.
6x09: Night Terrors air at 7pm on BBC One and BBC One HD Saturday 3rd September.
The BBC have released plot details for this episode and the upcoming 6x10: The Girl Who Waited i've spoilered them just in case.
6x09: Night Terrors
The Doctor receives a distress call from the scariest place in the Universe: a child's bedroom, as the time-travelling drama continues. Every night George lies awake, terrorised by every fear you can possibly imagine ? fears that live in his bedroom cupboard. His parents are getting desperate ? George needs a doctor. Fortunately for George, his desperate pleas for help break through the barriers of all time and space and the Doctor makes a house call. But allaying his fears won't be easy; because George's monsters are real.
6x10: The Girl Who Waited
Amy is trapped in a quarantine facility for victims of an alien plague ? a plague that will kill the Doctor in a day ? as the time-travelling drama continues. The Doctor can use the TARDIS to smash through time and break in, but then Rory is on his own. He must find Amy and bring her back to the TARDIS before the alien doctors can administer their medicine. Rory is about to encounter a very different side to his wife. Can he rescue Amy before she is killed by kindness?

I had quite a few gripes about this episode, mostly involving Mel, but I can overlook them because that was a fine example of cosmic space opera.

Last edited: