Doctor Who

:p

PENETRATE! PENETRATE!

Or they might want to settle down and try for children.

INSEMINATE! INSEMINATE!

This last Torchwood was definitely....interesting. I'll re-watch it tomorrow as I feel I let a lot of things slip by.

Did enjoy the "American lingo vs UK lingo" scene. Reminded me of the thread here.

And you can never have too much Jack Harkness heiney. Ever. ;)

Ugh. I'm still watching but this is far from the quality of CoE. It's faced paced action (a lot of which is extremely cliche) sandwiched with exposition. Don't tell me why you did something, show me. This is why I hate so much American television, it assumes we are too dumb to understand subtext.

[/rant]

4x03 was definately better than last weeks, but its still missing 'something' i can't put my finger on it.
i'm really expecting something good to come out of this 'miracle' if it turns out to be some kind of stupid deus ex machina plot (well, RTD has used them a lot in the past) then i'm just going to give up. There's a couple of things i'm having issues with.
The Souless - good concept but they were just dumped out there. would have been better to have them in the background for a bit before explaining too much
Oswald Danes - This is probably the biggest problem i have with the show. A convicted Pedophile slowly turning into a messiah. I'm going to admit that people are stupid but i mean come on, they're not THAT stupid. Maybe it it was a Danes was a terrorist or something, but a pedophile? thats one strong pill to swallow and asking a bit too much of suspension of disbelief.

Also, would it just kill them to make a reference to the Doctor. I'm not expecting them to say "oh where's the Doctor?" or anything and go out looking for him. Just a passing comment or reference. Like the one in Day 5 of Torchwood:CoE.

That said, on the plus side. i do like the whole thing about the Miracle. About how no one is healing anymore, so medicine is going to skyrocket and the demands it would put on healthcare, food and what the Earth could cope with.

It's definitely a little - or a little more - Americanized. The subtlety issue, so to speak.

But it also does not fail to give me the chills. It is a good story idea, and the consequences of it are quite serious and interesting to think about. Yet I agree, CoE was better, at least at the current stage. How many Episodes will Miracle Day have, by the way?

The problem is the writing has been dumbed down and sped up by the writers. All it is right now is a bunch of action with bursts of exposition. It's not even good action it's all cliche.

Oswald Danes - This is probably the biggest problem i have with the show. A convicted Pedophile slowly turning into a messiah. I'm going to admit that people are stupid but i mean come on, they're not THAT stupid. Maybe it it was a Danes was a terrorist or something, but a pedophile? thats one strong pill to swallow and asking a bit too much of suspension of disbelief.

Maybe my morals are all screwed up or something, but how is a pedophile worse than a terrorist? o_O

I mean... what Oswald Danes did was unforgivable and unimaginable, but a terrorist takes hundreds of lives, ruins more and can send a whole world into mourning.

I haven't caught up with 4x03 yet, so I'm presuming the Oswald Danes story begins to get ridiculous because I actually found him quite sympathetic in 4x02 when he broke down in front of the camera. But again, maybe my morals are all screwed up. :(

As for Miracle Day, I'm liking it. But yeah, Torchwood isn't as sharp as it used to be.

I think Bill Pullman is doing an outstanding job at being really fucking creepy. And perhaps it's a bit far fetched that he'd become a messiah BUT people are in a freaked out state of mind during this "miracle" and are looking for answers or guidance of any kind and he sees that and runs with it. I dunno.

This episode was the best one imo (not to mention Barrowman's arse!), but I could have done with out the American to Engish translating bits. Cash point = atm, petrol = gas. I'd think even some of we stupider Americans could figure it out.

Maybe my morals are all screwed up or something, but how is a pedophile worse than a terrorist? o_O

I mean... what Oswald Danes did was unforgivable and unimaginable, but a terrorist takes hundreds of lives, ruins more and can send a whole world into mourning.

I haven't caught up with 4x03 yet, so I'm presuming the Oswald Danes story begins to get ridiculous because I actually found him quite sympathetic in 4x02 when he broke down in front of the camera. But again, maybe my morals are all screwed up. :(

As for Miracle Day, I'm liking it. But yeah, Torchwood isn't as sharp as it used to be.

Hmm, i wasn't thinking that far ahead (as usual), you're absolutely right with your comment and i hadn't fully thought it through (again, as usual). I'd probably find my idea a tough pill to swallow just as much as i'm currently finding with Danes.
more that i think RTD should have made Danes somewhat more believable. Sort of character where you wonder if he did it or not. If i was writing Tochwood i would have done it so that you didn't know what Danes had done or that if he was even guilty at all (maybe like a guy who killed a burgalar at his home. did he kill him to protect his family or did he go too far). I'm just finding that whole Danes story arc badly written and badly thought out.

I'm just finding that whole Danes story arc badly written and badly thought out.
I'm just annoyed by the fact that it's a complete mystery to me why he is even in the show. The opening with the execution not working made sense, but the rest... it's completely unclear where it's going.

I'm just annoyed by the fact that it's a complete mystery to me why he is even in the show. The opening with the execution not working made sense, but the rest... it's completely unclear where it's going.

I like that. His role should become known further into the story. By the way I bet 50 Anal Gear non existo bucks that the baby gets it. Can't continue the series with an infant in tow.

Damn it, Jedd, I was just coming here to post that. :p

Damn it, Jedd, I was just coming here to post that. :p

Ha! very little of Doctor Who gets past me without knowing about it. i had heard about a new trailer being released last night. so i had pretty much kept a eye on twitter, facebook and youtube waiting for the it to come out. As soon as i found it, immediately uploaded it to youtube. what i wasn't expecting was the preview of 6x11: The God Complex. BBC kept a good job of keeping that on the quiet.

Also, another bit of news. Doctor Who will return
Saturday, August 27th 2011
It will be airing much like the previous episodes of Season 6. With episodes airing on the same day in the United States on BBC America.

Also, in a interview with Zap2It. Karen Gillan has confirmed that she will be returning as Amy Pond next year in Series Seven of Doctor Who.

Last edited: