Doctor Who

she doesn't die though, the Doctor gives her the modified sonic screwdriver that records and plugs her into that library computer.

She's still not exactly what most would call "alive". She survives, as such, but not in the normal fashion.

Just announced via the Official Doctor Who magazine on twitter There was a charity screening of 6x08: Lets Kill Hitler tonight and the cast and crew of Doctor Who were there all talking about the new series. Steven Moffat has hinted at few things to come.

More references to older Who eps to come. "It's what I do instead of fun" says Steven.

Oh, and a new companion! Yes, confirmed by @steven_moffat tonight! ;)

Last edited:
The Guardian reports an interesting detail in the trailer at the end of Let's Kill Hitler:

Steven Moffat lied.

If you want something less cryptic:

I think the Daleks may be back. O_O

i'll "borrow" that for my site. thanks Emarline!

BBC have released some photos from the new episodes. i've spoilered them since some give away plot details. you have been warned!
from 6x08: Lets Kill Hitler
lets-kill-hitler-a.jpg

lets-kill-hitler-b.jpg

lets-kill-hitler-c.jpg

from 6x09: Night Terrors
night-terrors-a.jpg

night-terrors-b.jpg

from 6x10: The Girl who waited
the-girl-who-waited.jpg

the-girl-who-waited-b.jpg

from 6x11: The God Complex
the-god-complex-a.jpg

the-god-complex-b.jpg

Various Promotional Stuff
the-doctor.jpg

amy-pond.jpg

rory-pond.jpg

river-song.jpg

the-astronaut.jpg

the-silence.jpg

promo-2.jpg

promo-1.jpg

BREAKING NEWS

Doctor Who will return at 7:10pm on Saturday 27th August 2011 on BBC One and BBC One HD. The news has just been confirmed by the BBC. 6?08: Lets Kill Hitler will then air at 9ET on BBC America. 8ET on SPACE channel and then Australia will see it at 7:30 pm on Saturday 3rd September on ABC1

(Onion AV Club quote)

Digging out an old post of mine (this one^)

Because I've found an article on the subject.

Did you watch Doctor Who?s mid-series finale ?A Good Man Goes To War? and sense some serious spin-off potential in Victorian lady-lizard Madame Vastra and her katana-twirling maidservant Jenny?

You weren?t alone.

?I instantly pitched it to Ben Stephenson [Controller, Drama Commissioning],? showrunner Steven Moffat exclusively tells SFX. ?He just said ??Yes!?. And then I said ?I obviously don?t have time to do this?? [laughs].?

But our screens may not have seen the last of the sapphically-charged 19th Century investigators.

?I think I might revisit them,? reveals Moffat. ?They were great fun to write. Obviously the first person to think about a spin-off was me, when I was writing ?A Good Man Goes To War?? A Victorian Silurian? Her lesbian maid? Come on!

?I was pleased by the reaction to them, but not surprised. They really cut through as characters, given how little screentime they had. I certainly wouldn?t be averse to them returning. It?s just a thing that worked, isn?t it? I love that Victorian setting, and having kicked it out of Sherlock Holmes I can always kick it in somewhere else!?

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/07/22/madame-vastra-spin-off/

Digging out an old post of mine (this one^)
Because I've found an article on the subject.
http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/07/22/madame-vastra-spin-off/

i actually wouldn't mind that kind of spin off. it would probably be a lot better as well than the current mess called torchwood.

Also the recent iPhone Doctor Who app game The Mazes of Time has been released for android phones (except for my HTC desire. grr... damn you android, damn you!)

An intrepid traveller through time and space and the last of the powerful Time Lords, the Doctor is armed only with his incredible intelligence and his sonic screwdriver. Join him and his human companion, Amy Pond, as they race to save an innocent family attacked by a rogue Dalek and hurtled into the depths of history. Your journey will take you from ancient Incan temples, to the frozen tombs of Telos and a stunning finale on a Dalek ship. Defeat your favourite enemies, solve devious puzzles, and restore peace throughout time

ss-800-0-1

ss-800-2-0

the game is avaliable here and is currently available for free.

Last edited:
Another mediocre Torchwood. At this point I'm watching for the plot and not the characters. They can all burst into flames for all I care at this point. Mister I Can't Maintain My Accent isn't an enthralling addition to the cast.

I think they did the flash backs wrong, I don't like how all of a sudden they just came in this episode.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In time, we'll all remember Doctor Who Confidential as one of the highlights of the Moffat era. Smith, Gilian, Darvill: the chemistry between them in real life is just amazing.

Confidential is almost as good as Who itself. Especially the one with Charlie the mutherflipping Badger.

Last edited: