Does anyone still have 56k on here? [Speed Test Thread]

Saunalahti/Elisa 3G in the sticks. :|

3776071936.png

978440302.png

Hotel is next to a cell tower.. I can feel the third arm growing from the radiation.. ;)

56k? I think my internet is steam-driven ... it's still in black and white!

3847069329.png

A result from the recent Time Warner Cable "Maxx" line upgrade. Used to be 30/1.5.

... 50/10 ordered, but until the friggin telekom gets off their asses, im stuck with it :|

My parents had it up until about 2 years ago...but then had to get again. They had signed up for satellite, but it was way too temperamental. The moment the weather got bad, the internet and TV would cut out...so they got dial-up to use during the satellite connection's downtime.

They live in rural Wisconsin, there is no cable TV access, they are out of range for DSL, and there is no cellular service (well, not with the carriers they want to use).

So I've been on a new speed for quite some time noew, let's see if it's actually any good:

3896759876.png

I'm actually slightly shocked to see that I'm getting what I'm paying for, though it's possible that the ISP is managing traffic to optimize these sort of things, but thus far only the marketing department has been the only issue I've really had with them.

I don't think it's worth it, unless you regularly download large (5+ GB) files and want them to arrive as quickly as possible. In my company of 7 people we have 100/5 and I don't really see the difference in browsing to my home 30/3 connection (which will be upgraded in December to 100/20, but only because my ISP discontinues the 30 Mbit/s-line, and it will cost even less than now - 24.90 Euros instead of 27.60 Euros :D ).

May I ask where you can get 100/20 for 24,90? :blink:

I'm still on 16 (well, 6 in reality) for 29...