Does F1 need a woman in one of the cars?

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
Over the years, there have been only 5 or 6 ladies trying to make a career in F1. Last one was Giovanna Amati, struggling in the cash-less Brabham in 1992... and after 3 races, she was replaced. If I remember correctly, by the man who won the 1996 World Championship, Damon Hill (please correct me if I am wrong).

It's 16 years since that time, so I want to hear your opinion: Do we need ladies racing in F1? I think that it would be interesting.

If they are good enough and not there for publicity only, sure!

Does she have to drive or can she just be used as ballast?

NO. F1 rather need women to do this: :p
korean_race_queen_paddock_girls.jpg

If a woman out there has worked hard, wants to be successful in Formula 1, has talent and skill and looks HAWT WITH GIANT KNOCKERS AND DRIVES TOPLESS... WOO!... um, sorry, sidetracked there a bit... then she deserves to be in Formula 1.

She can't just buy her way in, he must drive her way in. And I just can't see that woman on the horizon.

NO. F1 rather need women to do this: :p
korean_race_queen_paddock_girls.jpg

^ OMG F**CK YEAH!

Shove them in a car, and we have ourselves 4 more reasons (boobies) to watch F1!

Last edited:
F1 does not need a woman in one of the cars, its this whole idea of equality and all this crap which should not have any effect in a competitive sport environment.

If shes good enough, then she should be given a drive, if not, then for gods sake dont put her in a car just because of some sort of percieved equality thing, or boobies.

If there is a woman that can drive as good (or even better than) as the other drivers I see no problem in it. But if they put a woman in F1 just for flavor and everybody laps her 5-6 times per race...then no thanks.

No, I'm talking about a little need for a woman who can drive her way into F1 and be on par with her teammmate when getting into F1.

Well... no.

Not saying it would be unwanted, in truth it would be interesting to have a female driver in the sport for actual merit than looks and marketing advantage, but there's no real need for one any more than talented male drivers.

If they're as good as male drivers, why not.

But if not, they shouldn't be there just because they're women...

Does F1 need a woman driver? Well, I don't think that would hugely increase the number of viewers but who knows...

I think for a woman to reach F1 status, she's going to need a sponsor like Lewis got with Dennis. If Dennis hadn't given Lewis support I don't think he would've made it to F1.

You see this a lot in NA$CAR now, teams bringing up drivers from an early age.

I think woman wont make F1 again because the physical demands are too high now. That said, Danica Patrick would be nice in F1, but I dont see that happening either.

So what if its a male dominated sport anyway.

I think woman wont make F1 again because the physical demands are too high now.

I beg to differ. I thought so too for a while but then male F1 drivers are not exactly huge Heikki Kovalainen. Secondly, in some countries women play sports a lot and keep themselves in good physical condition. I am still amazed by the number of young women in America that play sports every day for fun and to be in good physical condition.
Back in Europe (well, where I am from) young women are not very keen of physical excercise - they like high heels, make up and going to clubs, sports are something terrifying for them.
(I personally, can't really decide which type I prefer...)

No. F1 has plenty of publicity stunts without putting a set of tits in one of the cars.

F1 needs the best drivers in the world. If one happens to be a woman, so be it. It's a showcase of talent and if someone has the talent I don't want anything keeping them from the sport.

It's the same question as does Honda/Toyota need a Japanese driver? We've seen them force some pretty bad Japanese drivers on the sport for the sake of advertising...