Does Top Gear need a woman presenter?

It's just a buzz. TG knows they're doing great and nothing needs to change. Female audience love the show.
I don't care that much about cars. TG, strictly speaking, is not a motor show. Entertainment is more their primary duty.
As long as those blokes can still do the show they will keep it that way.
Occasionally feature cool girls like Sabina is nice. But I don't really care. As long as those three are doing it, I'm watching it. lol.

The chemistry between them three is just too good. The show with it's entertainment and the three of them together goofing around draws both male and quite a lot of female audiences.

Adding a female host might make the show even better if she manages to bond with them and further enchance the chemistry but the odds of that are slim. Adding a female host has greater odds of ruining what makes TG so successful and accepted by such a wide range/variety of audience.

There's a woman that writes for Top Gear magazine (something Parker-Bowles), she could fit if they were obliged to pop in a woman on the team.

I did do a search, and cannot really believe that this hasn't already been posted, so sorry if it's a repost!

TopGearGirls.jpg

Sweet merciful lord almighty on a pancake with sprinkles!!!!!!:blink: :?

Worryingly enough, I once had a dream of the TG3 in the I Want to Break Free vid, but THAT is just disturbing!!!!!!!
:jawdrop:

Pretty well done though :)

Also, is it just me, or does Jezza look alot like yer one from Dragon's Den in that pic?!:blink:

Last edited:
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been trying to work out who he reminds me of. Richard reminds me of someone I work with, which is deeply disturbing - for both me and her :?

James works in that pic, come to think of it so does Jeremy he look like a very old Tomboy

and richard just look weird

anyway im off to throw up after seeing that:tvhorror::sick:

Is it wrong that I found that picture absolutely hilarious? Or does it just prove how much of a twisted sense of humour I already have?

Top Gear needs the right blend of personalities, regardless of typical piddling postures. Gender doesn't come into it one way or the other. And to that end, I'd say the blend of personalities works very well as it is.

If anyone left, Sabine Schmidt would work purely because of the opportunities for friendly friction between she and Clarkson. Or May, come to that. But the fact that she may wear frillier underwear is less of a factor than the fact she's German.

D'yer see? :?

^ No. The Torygraph cocked it up. You'd think that after having James as one of their columnists for, pretty much, the length of time he's been a TG presenter, they'd get it right.

But no.

The recipe is just right! Why would you add something to something that doesn't need it.

They don't need another host, man, woman, or other.

My God I wish the conversation about Top Gear and women would just stop. The whole point of the show is to see the love of three guys for cars. I'm a lady and you don't hear me complain, I would probably stop watching if they'd bring on a woman as a presenter haha

Does TG need a woman presenter - no, if an opening occurred would a woman presenter be excluded - absolutely not!

Who do the audience want - the best presenter possible, be it male or female. ...

Car knowledge, chemistry, sense of humour, and communication skills. ...

A man or a woman could be employed - having said that I hope that the boys hang around for some while, even if they cut down to 6 episodes of regular stuff and one or two specials per year.

Women for a TV show about cars, no problem at all.
Women for Top Gear? Absofuckinglutely not.

If women have issue with the format as is being not "female friendly" enough, that says they've got cobwebs up their nickers and need to get some wood to loosen up that uptight attitude.