Dream Cars at the Indianapolis Museum of Art

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Went to visit my girlfriend in Indy this past weekend before she starts her hospital rotations for med school. Friday she took me to the Dream Car exhibit at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. Really crazy stuff. I've read about almost all the cars in books, but seeing them first hand is a totally different experience.

This one was in a different part of the museum in its own seperate little area near the modern industrial art section. Not sure if this is part of the permanent collection or what.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Some very interesting design ideas there. The BMW is the one that had a fabric body, isn't it?

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Such a cool idea, too bad it hasn't taken off yet.

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
i prefer stone chips over ripped fabric tbh...

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
Wow, the 30's and 40's gave us amazing designs. 50's are horrible in comparison. That Bugatti Type 57 is :jawdrop: jawdropping

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
that green bugatti, is that the magnesium one they recreated from photo's in that discovery show? (don't remember the name)

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Wow, the 30's and 40's gave us amazing designs. 50's are horrible in comparison. That Bugatti Type 57 is :jawdrop: jawdropping
Those 50s GM Motorama cars are actually incredible. The '51 had a rain sensor to automatically lift the power top if it started raining. The '56 had a rear view camera and the '59 had road sensors that would detect obstacles.

that green bugatti, is that the magnesium one they recreated from photo's in that discovery show? (don't remember the name)
Recreated, but using a real Type 57 chassis and engine.