Dream Cars at the Indianapolis Museum of Art

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Went to visit my girlfriend in Indy this past weekend before she starts her hospital rotations for med school. Friday she took me to the Dream Car exhibit at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. Really crazy stuff. I've read about almost all the cars in books, but seeing them first hand is a totally different experience.

This one was in a different part of the museum in its own seperate little area near the modern industrial art section. Not sure if this is part of the permanent collection or what.

i prefer stone chips over ripped fabric tbh...

Wow, the 30's and 40's gave us amazing designs. 50's are horrible in comparison. That Bugatti Type 57 is :jawdrop: jawdropping

that green bugatti, is that the magnesium one they recreated from photo's in that discovery show? (don't remember the name)

Wow, the 30's and 40's gave us amazing designs. 50's are horrible in comparison. That Bugatti Type 57 is :jawdrop: jawdropping

Those 50s GM Motorama cars are actually incredible. The '51 had a rain sensor to automatically lift the power top if it started raining. The '56 had a rear view camera and the '59 had road sensors that would detect obstacles.

that green bugatti, is that the magnesium one they recreated from photo's in that discovery show? (don't remember the name)

Recreated, but using a real Type 57 chassis and engine.