Drink up!

Beer: Grolsch, Heineken, anything made by goose island, leinenkugel or Berghoff and Stella Artois.
Wines: Reds are my preference in general, obviously things must be paired with food, so I'll have a white from time to time. My favorites tend to be a little bolder, so a nice malbec (argentinian preferably) and a piece of prosciutto or jamon crudo is a great prelude to a nice steak.
Spirits: I have become a scotch drinker over the last few months. I tend to prefer speysides and highlands, although I also am rather fond of Islays (Caol Ila) and Island malts (Talisker). Scotch and water is the drink of choice for me. I also am a bit of a vodka buff. My favorite non-flavored vodka is probably grey goose, and my favorite flavored vodka (for a bit of mixing) is effen black cherry.

Beers - Innis & Gunn is my absolute favourite. I also love wheat beers like Hoegaarden and Kronenbourg Blanc. My friend's own home-brewed ale is fantastic, black as the night and strong as wine, taste has a hint of vanilla in it.

Wine - Full-bodied reds like cabernet and pinot noir. I try to pick up a different bottle even time I stop by the shop to see what else is out there, I've had a few good Italian reds but I'll be damned if I can remember what they were called.

Mixed - White Russians

Spirits - I don't think I'm manly enough for scotch and whiskey, but one can always learn...

Gotta be Weissbier when I'm in Bavaria....
http://img380.imageshack.**/img380/1066/unertlweissbiergt2.jpg
Unertl is pretty hard to beat, but Maxlrainer is the best (a small brewery from south of Munich)

When I'm in the UK I stick to Magners Cidre, though I will occasionally try new beers if I see something at a pub.

And of course, gotta have Tanqueray.
And ramazzotti, but my head regrets it in the morning....

Beer:
Current favorite is Spaten Optimator.
x2

Wine:
i am currently working on liking wine... it is a slow process

Spirits:
Jagermeister
Rum (many to list)
and i am working on Gin so far bombay saphire is my favorite

Mixed:
White Russian
Black Russian
Jack & Ginger
Mojito
Caipirinha (when i can find Cacha?a)

Last edited:
Tried some mojitos and fresh daiquiris (strawberry, banana, mango) last weekend at a friend's party. I have to say, me lieks!

I've always wanted to try one of those (mojitos). How are they in terms of taste? More minty or more boozy?

Just had 2 shots of whiskey.

Life is good.

Now that I'm 21 I feel that I can finally contribute to this thread and not be taken like a frat boy.

Beer - Macro - Guinness, Harps, Becks, Heineken but only with junk food.
Micro - Great Lakes Brewing Co. haven't tried many other micros yet, gotta get on that :beer:

Wine - Zinfandel, Chianti, Syrah, anything homemade. As for whites, eh, I don't know? Not a whole lot of room for opinion with white wines. I'm not really much for Chardonnay I guess.

Spirits - Bombay Sapphire & Plymouth, Absolut & Belvedere, Patron, though as I try more Tequilas Patron is seeming overpriced.

Cocktails - Gin & Tonic, Wet Martini, Cuba Libra

Bombay Sapphire

Bombay is terrible, have you compared it with non-BOSE gins? ie gins that don't base their success purely off a fancy design and marketing campaign....

I've had Plymouth, Citadelle, and Bluecoat. As well as the mass-marketed Tanqueray Ten and Beefeater. I like Bombay, it has a real neutrality to it that lends itself well to cocktails.

I'd like to know what you prefer, if you say Rangpur or Boodles you get your shins broken.

yeah, tanqeray is mass marketed as well, but at least it's not an upstart brand founded by an american rum company and made to look british....

Tanq 10 is good, gordons (despite being a "cheap" brand) is good also, as is blackwoods.

Never had those 2, so I'll just keep walking upright then....

I have the privilege of being the nephew of a bar owner (actually three.) So at family get-to-togethers there is always plenty of top shelf booze, most of it is regional or limited production, like Bluecoat gin. If you ever have the chance pick up a bottle of Plymouth, it's reasonably priced and probably the best gin on the market.