Drive the Top Gear Track!

I would if I lived in the UK and had the money to blow

I'd so do that if I was in UK!

I'd prolly skip the Subaru part though, it's so out of place! :lol:

why would you skip the subaru?

its awd experience, different from the other rwds..

this seems like a experience driving type of things. The cars seem to be chosen to represent the different types of cars you can drive. Awd would be the grip and keep moderate gas then floor type of car. . as the lotus seems to be a car that would want to slide a bit.. so you would feather it.. coming out.

They have similar things here where manufacturers try to let people test out their cars. like mazda.. they let you test drive their cars in special events..

I wouldnt be that interested...there are far better tracks to go for track-days to. It would be kinda cool though...

^not to many trackdays where you can drive an elise AND a subaru AND a ferrari

and you've seen the stig driving the track thousands of times, i think it's the only track in know from my head, just by watching top gear. i would love to have a chance to make a lap

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
I wouldnt be that interested...there are far better tracks to go for track-days to. It would be kinda cool though...

I'm kinda with you on this one mate... I'd atleast want a decent track with some gradient in it...

come to think of it... why do I say that when I live near the flatest, most boring track in australia. :| :|

well... the TG test track is quite simple but if I had the spare money, I would do it for sure... the tracks I would love to drive in the future is the Nurburgring and the A1 Grand Prix Circuit in Dubai (supposed to be one of the most challenging circuit in the world) :D

justvisiting said:
why would you skip the subaru?

its awd experience, different from the other rwds..

this seems like a experience driving type of things.

Alright, give me a 911 Turbo or a C4S then.

A subaru just is out of place with those exotics.

the impreza can beat a 911 turbo around the track. I say it belongs ;)

Would be nice if you could do it in a Suzuki Liana to compare yourself to the celebs :) But yeah there are better tracks to do that sort of thing at..

well, this hasn't been updated for awhile, but it shows the Impreza STI ahead of the 911 turbo:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/powerlaps/

EDIT:
Just checked: the STI WRX did 129.8 on Top Gear 5-30-2004. At that time the 911 was at 1:31.0

I think the 911 was tested in Wet, therefore slower than the impreza... because it doesn't say on the board if it was wet or dry

that would explain it :) The impreza is still a very fast car

Yeah, and it wasn't with the same Stig I'm pretty sure. And isn't that time the one of the tricked out version STi too?

anyway TG isn't the most reliable source, just think for a second, you know the Porsche is faster :roll:

Renesis said:
just think for a second, you know the Porsche is faster :roll:

:thumbsdown:

Just because one is German and expensive and the other is Japanese and affordable does not mean there will be no competition.

But you said to think for a second so I will. Here is the result of my thinking:

The STi (and EVO) is reknowned for being brutally fast, can pull 1G+ in the corners, has massive grip during launching, is exceptionally competent at getting its power to the ground due to AWD, and carries a racing pedigree. The Non-"S" Carrera doesn't have much more HP than an STi, certainly isn't much lighter, is RWD only... :roll:

I'd pay to drive on the TG track, although I'd like to have a somewhat different selection of cars. [Not to say those cars aren't enjoyable, but there are simply other cars I believe I'd enjoy more.]

I'd certainly like to do it in the Liana, just to see how I compare. Frankly, if I could beat Sir Ranulph Fiennes at anything at all, it'd be one of the greatest achievements of my life. Beating Jezza wouldn't hurt my ego any, either. ;)