Driven to Perform - Vancouver 2004

zenon

I went to the Driven to Perform show in Vancouver on the weekend. It was decent, but for being a high profile\high budget import show it was somewhat dissapointing. I heard someone say there was around 400 cars entered; of which I was interested in maybe a dozen. I went mainly to see a friends car that was in the show (a black 240sx coupe with tonnes of goodies, but the only one with a stock body). Anyways, here is a collection of some of the shots I took:

Picture-006.jpg

Picture-007.jpg

(I always thought the Pantera and Countach looked similar, but after seeing them beside each other made them look that much more similar)

Picture-011.jpg

Picture-012.jpg

( ^ My favourite car at the show)

Picture-013.jpg

Picture-016.jpg

Picture-017.jpg

Picture-018.jpg

Picture-019.jpg

Picture-020.jpg

Did any other of the Vancouver'ites on the forum check the show out? If so, what did you think?

I heard about it, but since I never find these modified car shows interesting I didn't go. The White Coutach looks amazing though. I saw one on the road in Vancouver once but it was not as polished as this show car.

A friend of mine was convinced that the white Countach was actually a Fiero.

I seriously had to argue with him for 20 minutes before he believed me. He was convinced that someone had taken a Fiero, chopped the chasis, widened it and lengthened it, and then custom made every body panel to make it look like a Countach. He saw a Fiero that had been turned into a very convincing Lamborghini at a car show last year, so he always comes up with these mindless conspiracy theories about cars like this.

I pointed out the wheels, instrument panel and steering wheel - all obviously factory Lamborghini parts that couldn't have been copied. He decided that the person who built the car must have bought or imported them. Then I pointed out that if you looked in one of the air vents on the back, you could see "LAMBORGHINI" written across the valve cover. He actually kept arguing with me, saying that someone must have even got the factory engine to make it look like a Countach.

So I said "okay, let me get this straight, someone hand made these 'fake' Lamborghini body panels, imported or bought Lamborghini wheels and tires, a steering wheel, instruments, and an engine and put it all on a Fiero chasis... spending thousands of hours and probably over $100,000 in cash for a fake car, rather than just going out and buying a real Countach for much less money and without spending hardly any time at all". After I said that, he finally realized how ridiculous sounding everything he said was and admited that I was right.

He is NEVER going to live that down! :lol: :p

:lol: :lol: The Countach is one of those cars that just looks "fake" when you look at it. :lol: :lol:

He was convinced that the interior looked too "crappy" to be a Lamborghini. I kept on telling him that the interiors in most supercars of that era were usually crappy, but he just wouldn't believe me.

It was a pretty hilarious argument. :lol: