Driver: The return of a great game?

Just texted my buddy about this. If it's good, I'll be so happy.

Driver, and driver 2 were probably my (and my friend's) favorite games back in the day. Even Driv3r was fun despite it's rather long list of flaws.

I loved the first one, it was just incredible back in the day.....an actual 3D(ish) city you could drive around in! in muscle cars! what's not to like?

I never finished driv3r......think that says it all.

please , PLEASE don't fuck this up.

Bring back the bouncy suspension from the first one and I'm in!

Last edited:
I don't know if he's done anything since the first Driver, or even if he's still alive, but they need to get Alistair Brimble back for the soundtrack.

1) Awesome city
2) Thank god it has a subtitle. I hate remaking games under the same title.

Wow, this game looks AWESOME!!!!.:D The physics look pretty good too.

I never liked the Driver games, except the replay director mode was kinda cool.
If I remember correctly, what I hated about the game. If you did anything wrong you had 4 billion cops on your ass. All I did was go through a yellow light.

I never liked the Driver games, except the replay director mode was kinda cool.
If I remember correctly, what I hated about the game. If you did anything wrong you had 4 billion cops on your ass. All I did was go through a yellow light.

I actually kinda liked that; not that it was a GTA: Goody Two Shows Edition, but that minor infractions get police attention...like in real life. And it was harder to loose cops.

ohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigod so excited :D

Seriously though, I wasted basically all of middle school on Driver, making up my own missions and wreaking havoc with cheats...I hope this will capture 1/100ths of the awesomeness of that nostalgia. Using a '73 Challenger is a good start.

Ok...almost every car on the street is a high end car....Ram SRT10, Ruf RK Spyder, Delorean DMC12, Bentley sedan, and was that a Tz2 alfa? That is kind of ridiculous....I only saw one sort of generic car throughout the whole thing.

Ok...almost every car on the street is a high end car....Ram SRT10, Ruf RK Spyder, Delorean DMC12, Bentley sedan, and was that a Tz2 alfa? That is kind of ridiculous....I only saw one sort of generic car throughout the whole thing.

The Neon makes up for them. :lol:

I like that they brought back the Tanner/Jericho Story line. I always wondered what happened to tanner at the end of the third one. I guess I get to find out now.

I can't wait for this! I spent countless hours of my childhood playing the original.

F1 2010 , TDU2 , NFS HP3 , GT5 , Driver ... Not looking too bad i think :p

Edit : and Mafia 2

image_driver-13045-2046_0008.jpg

EDIT2 - Have you guys noticed how the new McLaren is appearing in every game preview ? Shift , TDU2 , Rumored for Forza 3 , GT5 , new NFS , now this.

And is not even for sale :lol:

Last edited: