Drivers License

Daniel

Well, some of you know about my story but Ill make it short here:

On my 17th birthday, one year before we can drive in Norway, my mum
said it would be cool if I bought a car then, and then she could use it for
a year and pay me some money for doing so. 2 days later, 21st of Oct.
2003, I bought a Ford Puma. A year and so later, Nov. 2nd 2004, I got my license, and lost it on Nov. 27th the same year, speeding. I did 124,3kph in an 80 zone, uphill in an empty tunnel at night. A civil cop car showed up behind. I got a 1000 ? fine, and lost my license for 6 months. I was 0.7 kph away from 3weeks in jail. (!)

They told me I had to do my driving exam over again, and also the theory-test, but that I was banned from doing anything until 27th of may 2005, including practice driving with parents which is allowed at age 16. I passed the theory test this friday, and Im having my driving exam on Tuesday. There is a four month waiting list that I got around, thanks to the coolest driving instructor ever put on earth.

If I pass on Tuesday, Ill have two weeks left to drive my car in Norway. Im going to Greece the whole summer, and Ill study in Bali/Mexico until the summer of 2006, so if I FAIL on Tuesday, I wont be driving for a year or so.

So guys, wish me luck. I need it. Its either two weeks of heaven, or a year in hell. :cry:

Luck on your HUGELY, IMPORTANT test. :)
No pressure :D

Talk about pressure. :shock:

Norway's laws are too damn strict.

You should see if you can rent a bike in Mexico. That would be fun. :mrgreen:

well considering you already got your license once.. you can pass this one so easily. Driving is like swimming, you can never forget it.. maybe get a little bit sloppy but you should be fine.

Damn, those are very strict laws... although for that here I would've lost my liscence too.. :cry:

I prefer to accelerate fast but keep reasonable cruising speeds, it's much safer.

Good luck dude

Good luck :)

Renesis said:
Damn, those are very strict laws... although for that here I would've lost my liscence too.. :cry:

I prefer to accelerate fast but keep reasonable cruising speeds, it's much safer.

Good luck dude
accelerate fast to 60 or 70km/h hehe you could do that in 1st gear :p although I used to do the same thing.. just wasted gas for nothing. launching from each traffic light then cruising at speed limit or just above it.. after a month though i never went less than 100km/h :p in any road.

damn, thats some very strict law :(
1000euros.... :shock: & :cry:

you did drive past the limit, but according to the situation you described, i wouldnt call that being an insane maniac. and almost being put to jail for that, is just stupid :?

anyway, good luck for the exam, im sure you'll make it :thumbup:

1000 euros fine.... damn hell. in pk everyone hits 100 km/h on 70 km/h roads and n one finds out.

Anyway good luck for your exam. I haven't driven a car for a year now. :x .. been using the buses lately in Espagna.

If you're driving in Stavanger it shouldn't be a problem :p
Anyways, can't you go to Egersund or somewhere there's a short waiting list? A friend of mine failed in Oslo, and passed in Egersund....

logo said:
Renesis said:

Good luck dude
accelerate fast to 60 or 70km/h hehe you could do that in 1st gear :p although I used to do the same thing.. just wasted gas for nothing. launching from each traffic light then cruising at speed limit or just above it.. after a month though i never went less than 100km/h :p in any road.

I enjoy driving and the last thing I want is to get arrested.. so I go traffic speed usually, but when there's no traffic... well..

tloekke said:
If you're driving in Stavanger it shouldn't be a problem :p
Anyways, can't you go to Egersund or somewhere there's a short waiting list? A friend of mine failed in Oslo, and passed in Egersund....

They are strict in Stavanger aswell, but not too bad in Egersund Im told. But there is a waiting list everywhere, and Im leaving in two weeks, so this is basically my only chance.

And Ren, I also went Traffic speed when there was traffic, but when I was caught, the road was emtpty and it was at 00:30 saturday night. That civil cop car was FAR behind me. It's basically just very bad luck. :)

Yeah that sucks... you gotta know where piggies tend to stay. But unmarked cop cars = :thumbsdown:

Daniel said:
I know it is a bad thing to be speeding...
It is ? ?

Renesis said:
Yeah that sucks... you gotta know where piggies tend to stay. But unmarked cop cars = :thumbsdown:
Here, I wrote:
impala.jpg

And I really hate those. I can smell a Crown Vic or a Caprice from a mile away but somehow this one flies under the radar with me. :? Especially when they don't have the light bar on top and no markings front and back. Kind of an half unmarked car that you barely notice when you catchup to them on the highway or cross them on two way roads. Annoying and sometimes costly.
These half unmarked cars are the ones that (finally ?) got me to slow down (sometimes... :unsure:).

Being able to come out from any corner or hill and catch you on radar (laser, whatever) while moving means you are "safe" nowhere any more. :thumbsdown:

Yeah our new cop cars don't have a lightbar.. I hate that.

But normally I'm not too bad at spotting unmarked cop cars... when I'm a passenger!

As a driver I never see the piggies! :thumbsdown:

If you dont make it this time just get your license in wherever you're going. And later on convert it to a Norwegian license. That shouldn't be a problem, right?

Renesis said:
As a driver I never see the piggies! :thumbsdown:
Experience. ;)
I like to keep my friends close, and my enemies even closer.
I see most cop cars from far away, before anyone else in the car usually.

Ten straight stressful-loaded hours of delivering a week help keep me on my toes too. 8)

Daniel, don't worry to much about it and pay attention to details on the test.
You'll be fine. :)

Best of Luck Daniel!
Don't pressure yourself too much, You'll do it easily don't worry about it.

Should you not get it, get your ass on a ferry to here and my Corsa and I will show you some good time ;) But let's call that plan B :)