Driving Achievements - what is your status?

I have some more:

'tis but a scratch: drive home a seriously damaged car on its own wheel and engine.
The watchman: drive a car with your head out of the window for a significant distance.
I am the master of my own car: physically deactivate some electronic driving aid to gain further control in some sticky situation.
Hacker: drive alowly around while a friend tries to gain access of someone else's wi-fi connection.

103mph in a 45 zone...damn...so close.

edit: Wait! I did 70 in a 5mph parking lot once! Yay!

I got some:

Go Faster Stripes: Own a vehicle with obnoxiously colored racing stripes painted on it.
Accident Deterrent: Your vehicle is bright red.
Of Course I Want To Own This Rust-Bucket of Magnificence for the Rest of My Life!: Own a car painted an obnoxious color (orange, yellow, puke green, etc.)
Best of Both Worlds: Your car is an obnoxious color and has racing stripes.

As for what I've done on the list, not much that is actually interesting...

You Bastard - Re-parking my car in the driveway, that counts right?
No Problem - The check engine light has been on since I was given the car last year :p
Friction Burn - I do this a lot when I'm impatient.
So Ronery - I prefer to not be a taxi.
Almost had Too Soon Junior - I only failed once.
Broalition - I've had to do this maybe twice, and it was a miserable experience for my poor car. And my conscience.
Initial D - I hate hills.
Sign of Weakness - I also hate the freeway.
No Guts, No Glory - Every weekend at the college where they've placed stopsigns at absolute useless places.
Precision - Only once with the gas. I've also had my cooling system blow up right as I arrived at a car parts store which had a mechanic's right next to it.
Bronx Five-Oh - Only been pulled over once. Not even a ticket.
Harmless When Armless - I had to try it, never doing it again. I nearly ended up in a ditch. Albeit the ditch down my own road which is easy to get out of, but still.
Lead Foot - Entertaining passengers is not easy to do when you're the driver, but this always works.
Gearhead - Changing and replenishing all the fluids counts, right?
Grindhouse 2/10 - A deer (and the poor thing lived and limped off with a broken leg, and it left a dent in my car :( ) and a opossum. I was quite happy to splatter the opossum. I even had to turn around and check to make sure I'd hit it. Does that make me a bad sick person?

Lets see

Overnight Parts from Japan - Bilstein shocks and M gadgetry
Traffic Light Grand Prix - Did the other guy need to know he is being raced?
No Problem - EML light was on for a year. Everything worked regardless.
Friction Burn - All the time
So Ronery - Commoners in my car? NEVER! ;)
The Suffering - No comment
Friendship is over - I don't get how that one is bad
Neeeee!?
Sign of Weakness
Twelve Pack - Yeah
Zyklon B - What's the aircon for again?
No Guts, No Glory - slowly crawling up to the stop sign should suffice.
Precision - Not exactly run out of fuel but it was sputtering the last meters there
Bronx Five-Oh - 3x
Lead Foot
Killing my Darlings
Godlike - 3x
Gearhead
Memethatshallnotbenamed - Lots
Complete Control
It's a Saab thing - 90's BMW electronics
Stop! Hammertime! - Blown tyre
There I fixed it! -20 year old, bald spare tyre without pressure
That's it!
Watch this! - Not directly showing off, but I was riding my bike more aggressively
Up with the establishment
A-G-L-E-T
Old Skool - both cars
Gentleman
Lord Vader, your car is ready

Grand Theft Brotto: Steal a friend's car with him watching --> DONE, drove it round the block :D
Toyota: Stop a car with no brakes --> DONE, sort of, Audi went flashing "BRAKE SYSTEM FAILURE STOP IMMEDIATEDLY" at 200km/h
Stop! Hammertime!: Become stranded on the side of the road due to a mechanical problem --> DONE, I drive a SEAT
There I Fixed It: Make it home in a vehicle with an improvised repair --> DONE, bent Nail = Fuse, right?
That's It?: Reach a vehicle's top speed --> DONE (easy one for Autobahn users ;))
Name Your Price: Have someone offer to buy your vehicle when it isn't for sale --> DONE if these Lebanese car dealers who put their card behind your wipers count
Up with the establishment: Pay a ticket without fighting --> DONE, they had good proof :p
A-G-L-E-T:Explain a technical automotive system to someone --> DONE, again and again :D
Old skool: own a car with a cassette player. --> DONE, replaced that quickly :) (my old Mitsubishi Colt)
Burn Baby Burn: Continue to drive a vehicle that is smoking heavily and/or on fire (and not out the tailpipe.) --> DONE (clutch issues on my Ibiza)
Hail Lucas, Prince Of Darkness: Drive a significant distance at night with no headlights. --> DONE, sort of, I still had one foglight left :/ (wiring issues, Ibiza)
I am the master of my own car: physically deactivate some electronic driving aid to gain further control in some sticky situation. --> DONE, sort of, removed ESP fuse on a rental car? :D
Hacker: drive alowly around while a friend tries to gain access of someone else's wi-fi connection. --> DONE in Bavaria :p

Well, let's see the new ones:

(after all, I'll take into account only the ones that have some that not only a specific person can have already achieved)

------

Eastern Connection - Crash a car every year - No
FML - Own 3 cars, all broken down - No

It's a Saab thing - Have more spare ECU's than friends - No
Italian Temper - Own an Chrysler Sebr....Alfa 8C Roadster, have it in the shop at all times because it is broken down again - No
A home for the elderly - Drive a Buick - No

Blame Game - Crash a car, blame the Sat-Nav - No
Mine All Mine - Go to a car forum claiming to own various exotics - No
Oh The Shame - Get busted doing the above - No

Grand Theft Brotto: Steal a friend's car with him watching - No
Toyota: Stop a car with no brakes - No
Don't Stop Me Now: Activate ABS because your brakes are overheating - No
Son I Am Disappoint: Own a vehicle that's old enough to be your father - No

Unstoppable - Drive a car with no power for more than a mile. - No, just some hundred meters
What Gavity? - Drive a car with no power for more than a mile through mixed terrain. - No

Stop! Hammertime!: Become stranded on the side of the road due to a mechanical problem - Yes, dead battery
There I Fixed It: Make it home in a vehicle with an improvised repair - Yes, I secured the crashed front hood with some tape.
Name Your Price: Have someone offer to buy your vehicle when it isn't for sale - Yes
That's It?: Reach a vehicle's top speed - Yes (Thank you Autobahns!)
Watch This!: Damage a vehicle while trying to show off - No
Up with the establishment: Pay a ticket without fighting - Yes, multiple times. Parking tickets.
A-G-L-E-T:Explain a technical automotive system to someone - Yes, multiple times.
9.8 m/s: Crash the car behind you during a Hillstart - No
Old skool: own a car with a cassette player. - Yes, two. When cassette players were still common.
Gentleman: own a V-12 powered car - No
Up On One: Pull a wheelie in public. - No
Burn Baby Burn: Continue to drive a vehicle that is smoking heavily and/or on fire (and not out the tailpipe.) - No

Unknown Stuntman: Continue to drive a vehicle while you are on fire. - No
Hail Lucas, Prince Of Darkness: Drive a significant distance at night with no headlights. - Yes, both on purpose and by accident (once).
Debbie Does Everyone: Have sex while driving. Only awarded if you do not crash. - No
Bowling: Hit a pedestrian. - No
Fireman: Your vehicle starts a fire in the surrounding environment. - No

Lord Vader, Your Car Is Ready: You drive a powerful black vehicle. - Maybe... How powerful is "powerful?
Ludicrous Speed: You break the highway speed limit by a multiple of three or greater. - No
Falling Down: Permanently abandon your crapped out vehicle on the freeway. - No

'tis but a scratch: drive home a seriously damaged car on its own wheels and engine. - Yes, bent chassis.
The watchman: drive a car with your head out of the window for a significant distance. - Yes - frozen windscreen.
I am the master of my own car: physically deactivate some electronic driving aid to gain further control in some sticky situation. - Yes, ABS and snow are not always good together.
Hacker: drive alowly around while a friend tries to gain access of someone else's wi-fi connection. - Yes, in France.
Go Faster Stripes: Own a vehicle with obnoxiously colored racing stripes painted on it. - No.
Accident Deterrent: Your vehicle is bright red. - No.
Of Course I Want To Own This Bucket of Magnificence for the Rest of My Life!: Own a car painted an obnoxious color (orange, yellow, puke green, etc.) - No
Best of Both Worlds: Your car is an obnoxious color and has racing stripes. - No

Last edited:
Grand Theft Brotto
Toyota

Unstoppable

Stop! Hammertime!
There I Fixed It
Name Your Price
That's It?

Up with the establishment
A-G-L-E-T
Old skool

Burn Baby Burn:
Hail Lucas, Prince Of Darkness:

'tis but a scratch
Hacker

All achieved! Burn Baby Burn was special, it wasn't my car, it was a friend's, and the engine caught fire :lol: while I was at the wheel :p

15:

Overnight parts - Installed stiffer shocks in a Mercury Grand Marquis
Raced cars between the lights - Stoplights + friends + 55 mph speed limits = fun :D
Ignored a warning light for over 3 months - Ah, 20-year-old $1800 E30, I miss you
Sping the driving wheels on a dry surface - Ah, open diff Grand Marquis, I miss you
No passengers for 3 months - Ah, work.
Stalled the car at a green light - heheh, whoops.
Overtook a car that had just overtaken me
Owned a car with more than 6 cylinders - 4.6L V8 with less power than my current 2L 4-banger :eek:
Drove past a stop sign without stopping - Welcome to Saudi Arabia!
Crunched gears during a change - :whistle:
Crashed a car - twice, so far
Passed my drivers exam on the first try - :cool:
Service your own car - Those shocks? Installed them with a friend in my driveway
Car didn't start - Yay headlights that stay on when the key is removed!
Understeer and oversteer in the same car - E30 understeered while on a wet freeway onramp, and oversteered in a dirt parking lot :D
Run over 10 animals - 1 (stray) cat :(

Stop! Hammertime!: Become stranded on the side of the road due to a mechanical problem --> DONE, few times
There I Fixed It: Make it home in a vehicle with an improvised repair --> DONE, the throttle cable in the 190E is still held on to the throttle body by zipties
That's It?: Reach a vehicle's top speed --> DONE .de is just around the corner (207!?! this car is supposed to top at 190!)
Up with the establishment: Pay a ticket without fighting --> DONE, tickets are cheap enough not to bother
A-G-L-E-T:Explain a technical automotive system to someone --> DONE, still trying to get my wife interested

Last edited:
Traffic Light Grand Prix: He might not have even known that I was racing him but whatever, he gave me the look of "Lets go bitch"
No Problem: ABS light for like 6 months
Sign of Weakness: Do this like almost all the time
Retard: Done it a couple of times
Zyklon B: Everytime I turn the wheel... jk
No Guts, No Glory: Only once and it was on this stop sign in UCSD that was 5 feet in length.
Bronx Five-oh: only once. Twice if you count the time I forgot to keep my headlights on (because the street lamps were so bright, i thought I had em on already).
Lead Foot: Did 90 in a 25-35 zone once.
Godlike: Only thing I missed was the rear defroster (I was nervous and effed up)
Final Destination: This is practically driving on a Friday evening/Saturday. No-one knows how to drive, but you know that they don't and so you're more cautious.

I take pride in my driving. The one time I was pulled was because I legitimately didn't know the speed limit on the 101 after the golden gate (assumed it was 65) and so I was going 70, and was flagged for being 15 mph above the limit. Never been stopped ever again except for the aforementioned headlight thing (which didn't result in anything except him saying have a good evening).

When I'm driving others I slow down a lot. When I'm driving by myself I'm a bit more relaxed, but still aware of the situation. I will say I drive a bit faster when I'm by myself at times.

We need a new compilation of all of these.

I'm tired from moving, you do it.

Current auxiliary list.

Eastern Connection - Crash a car every year
FML - Own 3 cars, all broken down
It's a Saab thing - Have more spare ECU's than friends
Italian Temper - Own an Chrysler Sebr....Alfa 8C Roadster, have it in the shop at all times because it is broken down again
A home for the elderly - Drive a Buick
Blame Game - Crash a car, blame the Sat-Nav
Mine All Mine - Go to a car forum claiming to own various exotics
Oh The Shame - Get busted doing the above
Grand Theft Brotto: Steal a friend's car with him watching
Toyota: Stop a car with no brakes
Don't Stop Me Now: Activate ABS because your brakes are overheating
Son I Am Disappoint: Own a vehicle that's old enough to be your father
Unstoppable - Drive a car with no power for more than a mile.
What Gavity? - Drive a car with no power for more than a mile through mixed terrain.
Stop! Hammertime!: Become stranded on the side of the road due to a mechanical problem
There I Fixed It: Make it home in a vehicle with an improvised repair
Name Your Price: Have someone offer to buy your vehicle when it isn't for sale
That's It?: Reach a vehicle's top speed
Watch This!: Damage a vehicle while trying to show off
Up with the establishment: Pay a ticket without fighting
A-G-L-E-T:Explain a technical automotive system to someone
9.8 m/s: Crash the car behind you during a Hillstart
Old skool: own a car with a cassette player.
Gentleman: own a V-12 powered car
Up On One: Pull a wheelie in public.
Burn Baby Burn: Continue to drive a vehicle that is smoking heavily and/or on fire (and not out the tailpipe.)
Unknown Stuntman: Continue to drive a vehicle while you are on fire.
Hail Lucas, Prince Of Darkness: Drive a significant distance at night with no headlights.
Debbie Does Everyone: Have sex while driving. Only awarded if you do not crash.
Bowling: Hit a pedestrian.
Fireman: Your vehicle starts a fire in the surrounding environment.
Lord Vader, Your Car Is Ready: You drive a powerful black vehicle.
Ludicrous Speed: You break the highway speed limit by a multiple of three or greater.
Permanently abandon your crapped out vehicle on the freeway.
'tis but a scratch: drive home a seriously damaged car on its own wheels and engine.
The watchman: drive a car with your head out of the window for a significant distance.
I am the master of my own car: physically deactivate some electronic driving aid to gain further control in some sticky situation.
Hacker: drive alowly around while a friend tries to gain access of someone else's wi-fi connection.
Go Faster Stripes: Own a vehicle with obnoxiously colored racing stripes painted on it.
Accident Deterrent: Your vehicle is bright red.
Of Course I Want To Own This Bucket of Magnificence for the Rest of My Life!: Own a car painted an obnoxious color (orange, yellow, puke green, etc.)
Best of Both Worlds: Your car is an obnoxious color and has racing stripes.

Last edited:
And now the ones I have off that list:

FML - Own 3 cars, all broken down - I've owned 3 cars that were broken down, but there was a 4th available.
A home for the elderly - Drive a Buick - It sucked.
Grand Theft Brotto: Steal a friend's car with him watching - Fuck with a man's car and you get the same in return.
Toyota: Stop a car with no brakes - The car HAD brakes, but I didn't touch them. In fact, I do this almost every time I park in my driveway.
Son I Am Disappoint: Own a vehicle that's old enough to be your father - Old enough TO BE yes, old as my father no. My parents had me quite late in life.
Unstoppable - Drive a car with no power for more than a mile. - Probably.
Stop! Hammertime!: Become stranded on the side of the road due to a mechanical problem - Yep.
There I Fixed It: Make it home in a vehicle with an improvised repair - Sway bar held on with zip ties.
Name Your Price: Have someone offer to buy your vehicle when it isn't for sale - Yes. It became for sale quite quickly because it was non-running and I was an idiot.
That's It?: Reach a vehicle's top speed - All the fucking time.
Watch This!: Damage a vehicle while trying to show off - Does showing off BY damaging a vehicle count?
Up with the establishment: Pay a ticket without fighting - Both my speeding tickets.
A-G-L-E-T:Explain a technical automotive system to someone - Yeah. Bad idea.
9.8 m/s: Crash the car behind you during a Hillstart - Minor incidental contact a couple times. DO NOT SIT A QUARTER INCH FROM MY BUMPER OR I WILL USE YOUR BRAKES TO ASSIST MY HILL START.
Old skool: own a car with a cassette player. - My daily driver.
Burn Baby Burn: Continue to drive a vehicle that is smoking heavily and/or on fire (and not out the tailpipe.) - Head gasket fail = Oil=>Exhaust (Chrysler minivan)
Hail Lucas, Prince Of Darkness: Drive a significant distance at night with no headlights. - Los Angeles does that to me often. I'm not used to omnipresent street lights.
Bowling: Hit a pedestrian. - A friend, because he's fucking stupid.t.
Lord Vader, Your Car Is Ready: You drive a powerful black vehicle. - Does the LeMons GTP count? (Actually, if that counts, so does my DD because it has a better power/weight and is black)
Ludicrous Speed: You break the highway speed limit by a multiple of three or greater. - Using the State Highway Administratiion definition of highway (meaning 'a public road') yes. Using the popular definition (meaning 'a controlled access public road') no.
'tis but a scratch: drive home a seriously damaged car on its own wheels and engine. - Yes. Both my vans were limped home on reduced cylinder counts, and my ZX2 was limped home after mild front end damage.
The watchman: drive a car with your head out of the window for a significant distance. - IT WAS HOT.
I am the master of my own car: physically deactivate some electronic driving aid to gain further control in some sticky situation. - Yes.
Hacker: drive alowly around while a friend tries to gain access of someone else's wi-fi connection. - Yes.
Accident Deterrent: Your vehicle is bright red. - My nice new (old) Dakota is red as hell.

Overnight Parts from Japan-Installed a cold air intake
No Problem-since the EFI was removed the Check engine light has been on
Friction Burn-All of them unintentional
Broalition
Zyklon B
Killing my darlings-Third and reverse
Inevitable-A lamppost and a corolla
the one that must not be named

FG-achievements:
Stop! Hammertime!
That's It?-96MPH, suction cup froggy fell down at 80

I'll add to the list

Up with the establishment: Pay a ticket without fighting
A-G-L-E-T:Explain a technical automotive system to someone
9.8 m/s: Crash the car behind you during a Hillstart
Old skool: own a car with a cassette player.
Gentleman: own a V-12 powered car

My 2006 has a cassette player.

from the new achievements:

Burn Baby Burn: Continue to drive a vehicle that is smoking heavily and/or on fire (and not out the tailpipe.) - the first time it combusted i drove about 800m before finding a safe place to stop.

Hail Lucas, Prince Of Darkness: Drive a significant distance at night with no headlights. - I broke the headlight stalk

Accident Deterrent: Your vehicle is bright red.- Well the front is bright.

New achievements:

But it's okay: have access to a Jaaaaaag
He sells you buy: Buy a car that has previously been owned by Jeremy Clarkson
...: Post a new fastest time on a track
what poor people?: Own a car worth over $100k when new
Sadist: Own a car with a bad rep
Buy with your mind: Own a minivan
Family man: Own a Ludicrously fast estate

Overnight Parts From Japan - Wheels, chips, cold air intakes etc
Traffic Light Grand Prix - I had just picked up an F430 Spyder for a test drive, some guy in a BMW Z3 obviously wanted a race, i obliged him.
Friction Burn - Yeah it was loose gravel on my drive way.
Long Distance Carrrier
Broaltion - Once had 7 people in my old Ford Fiesta
The Suffering - Yeah, done that a few times.
Neeeee!?
Sign of Weakness - Of course, now get behind me again!
Zyklon B - I can't control it
No guts, no glory
Bronx Five-Oh - Who hasn't been pulled at least once?
Lead Foot - Once did 170 mph in a derestricted M5 on an empty motorway at 3am
Killing My Darlings- Yeah reverse gear of one my older cars did that a lot.
Endurance Run
Complete Control- It was on a skid pan, suppose that counts
Balls of Steel - Many times, sucks though cos where I live has many steep hills.
Against All Odds - I have driven several 911's