Driving in Canada!

About insurance: all I know is that you'll be paying less than the rest of Canada since ICBC is part of the government.

Well maybe you won't do for a 2 seater!

:p

Oh and other thing after talking with my brother (who's going to buy half with me): I think he's going to be a bitch! He's already thinking about maybe buying an automatic! What a fool!

Seriously? No, don't get a Series III (at this point in time) unless you want a project car. (And don't act surprised, I've said that before.) Parts availability is an issue, what with the Tata transition, and if the gearbox goes out you're looking at either enormous dollars for overhaul (and another failure in about 40K or less) or a lot of time and effort to stick a GM transmission in there.

On the other hand you can get an XJ40 for well under that amount. :p

I'd go for a Corolla over a Civic because it will probably be more reliable (my old driving instructor's 2000 Corolla was still running strong at 500k kms (that's not a typo) until someone crashed into it), better on gas, and will be cheaper to insure because Civics are popular among thieves.

Oh, yeah, old German cars for the NA market... Greeeeeeat idea :rolleyes:

I'd go for a Corolla over a Civic because it will probably be more reliable (my old driving instructor's 2000 Corolla was still running strong at 500k kms (that's not a typo) until someone crashed into it), better on gas, and will be cheaper to insure because Civics are popular among thieves.
I'll second that. Driver's ed cars all seem to be Corollas and they all seem to last (think about all the torture driving students put them through).

That's what I understand too, but there's no way to get a quote anywhere on Internet!
Looks like MPI > ICBC :whistle: :p

Last edited:
Seriously? No, don't get a Series III (at this point in time) unless you want a project car. (And don't act surprised, I've said that before.) Parts availability is an issue, what with the Tata transition, and if the gearbox goes out you're looking at either enormous dollars for overhaul (and another failure in about 40K or less) or a lot of time and effort to stick a GM transmission in there.

To be honest, the Series III is really the only Jag you can get in the Vancouver area for $3k (for the purposes of a small joke), and I just wanted to point out the depressing man who's trading his in for a minivan.