Driving to Switzerland - Got a spare GoPro you're not using in June?

narf

Sgt. Maj. Buzzkill
Car(s)
Z4.2
I'm planning to drive to Switzerland for two weeks in June, so there's bound to be some lovely scenery or cars to capture. Mounting my Z10 under the windscreen is going to suck, and I'm too cheap to just go and buy a GoPro for the trip... so I wondered if there's anyone not using theirs :think:

I'll be driving down over the June 7th-9th weekend, so I could pick up basically anywhere in Germany then... I'll be back home by June 22nd - it'll easily be back with you in time for RingRoadMeetTrip :thumbup:
If picking up doesn't work out I'd pay for shipping of course, and some :beer: as well :nod:
...and obviously, if I break it I buy it :cry:

Just get with the program, and get a G1W like every other guy here (me included). :cool: Very cheap and great for that kind of use.

Yeah, I might just do that if no freeish option presents itself... let's see whether there's reasonably priced ones that don't ship all the way from Asia :hmm:

Meanwhile I've properly Swissified my car

I've been hovering over the buy button on a G1W for a while now.

Do iiiiiiiiiiiit.

Did it. What kind of SD card is recommended?

Pretty sure you can borrow both of mine, including all the hardware.

They are located by Saarbr?cken, so not too far off your route I'd imagine.

:mouse:

I have just ordered a G1W, peer pressure and all that... turned out cheaper than I remembered as well. We'll see how it'll turn out when/if it gets here.

I'll keep your offer in mind though, thanks. France is not quite on my route because I'm heading for the other end of Switzerland, Graub?nden... but I could of course nudge the route in the appropriate direction :nod:
Despite maybe having a cam fixed near the rear view mirror, something else to toy around with won't hurt :D

You got yours already? I ordered 3-4 days ago (iirc) and so far tracking hasn't updated.

edit: Yeah, shipped may 17th. Haven't heard anything yet.

Narf, you might be interested to know that the rear wiper motor fuse (15A on the side of the dash) is a good place to nick ignition switched 12V for the dashcam. :) No modifications needed.

Last edited:
Ordered May 16th, received May 19th... quite slow for less than 100km as the crow flies :dunno:

Ah, so you didn't get it from china (or whatever) like I did then?

Nope, German reseller. Probably more expensive, certainly faster shipping, and less likely to have to deal with customs.
I did order an additional way of mounting it from Asia, which may or may not arrive in time - but the included suction cup will work until then.