Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Well, we can always just respray the cars to whatever color we want.

cosmo.jpg

I'm not the biggest rotary fan in the world, but just look at that gorgeous shape.

Living on a street with only curbside parking sucks. Especially when you have a second vehicle that is hardly driven and neighbors bitch if you park in front of their house (when they dont even own a car or have a garage in the alley). Luckily the house across the street was a grow-op and last week the house was stripped bare and sealed up while the owner decides to keep or sell, repair or rebuild. Now I've got about three car lengths to park as long as I like without worrying about a ticket from bylaw enforcement.

at least you have that much. I live on a busy main street with a Trolley and there's no overnight street parking. In fact, I can't even park on one of the neighboring streets that DO have permit parking. because of this, I need to park more than 4 blocks away in a private, open-air lot.

at least you have that much. I live on a busy main street with a Trolley and there's no overnight street parking. In fact, I can't even park on one of the neighboring streets that DO have permit parking. because of this, I need to park more than 4 blocks away in a private, open-air lot.

Ironically, I know my cousin ended up having the same issues when it comes to housing nearby UW. The roads are fucking tiny as well...

Ironically, I know my cousin ended up having the same issues when it comes to housing nearby UW. The roads are fucking tiny as well...

Well it is Seattle, where one way roads change direction.

is that just because it's confusing or does the traffic pattern of one-way streets actually change? i remember that in my town in Israel they tried that based on time of day and it just ended in confusion and fender-benders.

is that just because it's confusing or does the traffic pattern of one-way streets actually change? i remember that in my town in Israel they tried that based on time of day and it just ended in confusion and fender-benders.

The former.

I'm willing to ditch university and go get myself one of those Cosmos. At least one of them should survive ):

Drove the RX today for the first time in a couple of days. It's amazing how it feels like a quiet and comfortable luxury car after driving a Vitara around....

There's one of those in my town. There are actually no signs for it saying "do not enter" either......

One of the main roads here in Cincinnati used to have three lanes, each with LED-like signs overhead. Depending upon the time of day, the signs would have either a red or green "X" light up. If it was green, you could drive in it; red, and that was oncoming traffic. It confused the hell out of me when I moved here, and scarily enough I'm sure they changed on me between intersections one time. So dumb. Thank goodness they got rid of it a couple of years ago.

Anyone want a real, legal Lancia Beta Zagato that's here in the US and for sale?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/2189600806.html

I have no desire to own such a car, and I don't see why anyone should. It's not particularly good looking, it isn't fast and we know it is not reliable. It's only redeeming feature is the rarity, but that is not enough. You would have to be a masochist to buy one.