Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Nobody, because the H3 wasn't available in RWD. They were full time 4WD, so if it's RWD, it's either broken or someone converted it with Canyorado parts.
This thing was far from stock. Hell, the H3 was never available with a 6.0L either.

This thing was far from stock. Hell, the H3 was never available with a 6.0L either.

H3 Alpha had the 5.3 and it's an easy and common swap to put a 6.0 in when that fails (can you say 'Cold Spark Knock' aka 'massive piston slap'?). Not so easy to convert the rest of the driveline, not and keep the computer from freaking out so that's rarely done AFAIK.

A 5.3 with piston slap? Never. :ROFLMAO:

Dad's 2003 Silverado (that the sister-in-law now has) sounds like a diesel on cold mornings. It truly is an example of "GM vehicles will run bad longer than most will run at all."

While not all of them had the engine blow up as a result, something like half the people with the affected trucks that I knew had the engine crap out on them. Fortunately most were replaced under their extended warranties.

Of course, there's the one guy I know that bought an 03 5.3 Silverado, had the engine blow up as a result of 'CSK', had it replaced under warranty... and then against what literally everyone was telling him, immediately traded it for an 05 F-350 PowerStroke 6.0. Talk about frying pan to fire; I think he's dumped $25K into fixing that engine plus reliability upgrades. Ugh.

There's also the lifter issues the 5.3 has. My uncle has a low mileage 2007 Silverado that a lifter died on. But for some strange reason the mechanic talked him into a Jasper rebuilt engine instead of fixing his engine.

The Powerstroke 6.0 can be good, but you can't live in an emissions state. EGR must be blocked or deleted. Head studs are also a must. Of course the cab has to come off for that. ?

That's a funny way to spell "moron"

There is something supremely ironic about the fact i at some point decided I was probably not responsible enough to like, own a rotary engine car due to how all the ball you have to be about the oil changes.

...And then I buy the fiat. HA HA HA this will surely go well!

I checked the dipstick today and burst out laughing before having it topped off. Only like 2500 miles since the last oil change and it was almost out.

In other semi related news, i start my into to auto repair course in a month >_>

When you first get a vehicle, you should check the oil at least every other fuel up. This allows you to get an idea of how much oil it consumes and give you an opportunity to fill it up.

My truck uses a bit more than a pint every 5,000 miles, which is when I change the oil.