E3 2011

Wtf Nintendo

Even if the Wii U is possibly a bit more powerful than a 360... so what? AAA 360/PS3 titles generally require two thumbsticks, not a thumbstick and a pointer, not a touch screen. Two thumbsticks. *shrug* I had COD 2 on wii, fps with a pointer is terrible.

Last edited:
Even if the Wii U is possibly a bit more powerful than a 360

Jeff Gerstmann said it's on par with 360/PS3.. so as usual Nintendo is using old technology to save money.
Next years E3 will be the big showreel of real games and hopefully a new fucking name.

In a wide-ranging interview with Kotaku regarding the new Wii U console, one of Nintendo's chief game designers, Katsuya Eguchi, confirmed that the system's proprietary disc format will hold 25 Gigabytes of data. That squares with our own reporting from before E3 and puts Nintendo in a good place to run games that fill up a single-layer 25GB Blu-Ray disc, the format used by current console king of large game discs, the PlayStation 3.

Eguchi declined to comment on our report, from the same people who told us about the 25GB, that the system's internal flash memory is 8GB. Earlier today, a Nintendo rep explained that the new console will support external USB drives, for added storage capacity.

The controller is light. Not in a way that's like, "Oh, I'm glad it's not too heavy," but more "this feels like a plastic mockup." It's almost unbelievable there's a working touchscreen and full wireless powers inside. The lightness is what makes it work though, what makes this massive controller feel incredibly comfortable and totally natural. The ergonomics are nigh perfect.

The quality of the touchscreen, compared to nearly any reasonably high-end current-generation smartphone, is mediocre. The viewing angle's pretty narrow, for one. You need to be almost dead center to see what's happening (but maybe that's a feature, for versus mode?). It's not especially bright, either. And it's sort of glare-y. Nintendo's not talking specific screen specs like resolution, because this is technically a prototype?so a lot of things could change and get better?but the pixel density is just okay. It's standard Nintendo hardware quality, in other words. Just good enough.

Last edited:
In Europe the 3DS is around 220 Euros and ?209. We expect to be shafted in the UK, we just hope it isn't a ?249/?300. Which is ?50/?100 more than a PS3.

The Vita is ?229 for wifi and ?279 for 3G.

buyers in the US can pick one up for $250 before sales tax. That converts to ?150 - ?180 if you add 20 per cent VAT.

As expected.

Sony has also confirmed the handheld will follow in the PS3's footsteps by being region-free, running games from any territory. In contrast, Nintendo's 3DS will only run older DS titles region-free, meaning any new quirky games launched solely in Japan, will work exclusively on Asian consoles.

Another home run for Sony?

Aussie wifi rumour.
Meanwhile, on the Australian side, an anonymous source told games.on.net to expect an unusually equitable RRP of AU $299.

p.s. Proprietary memory sticks. <_<

Last edited:
Please keep specific game discussions to their own threads. Just because a game is at E3 doesn't mean it should just get lumped into one big thread like this.

I'm gonna start threads with things that maybe of interest.
If people wanna open up threads regarding Halo or MW3 etc feel free to... Neither interest me. :p

No-one needs a Wii U thread?

Last edited:
Has Treasure mentioned during E3 when they are releasing Radiant Silvergun for XBL arcade yet?

^:lol:

I don't think a controller with a screen will work, when gaming I'm usually holding the controller roughly at my waist while looking straight at the TV screen and never looking down on the controller. So to use the screen on the controller without constantly looking up and down, I imagine you'd have to hold it up to match with the viewing angle of your TV, then your arms will be sore after a solid gaming session :D.

I'm a bit disappointed that Microsoft didn't at least give a codename for the 360 replacement, for which there were so many rumors, I don't care about Kinect at all.

Last edited:

Freaking amazing. I have said this over and over again but I am fine with all CG films. If done correctly it could turn out spectacular. With Ubisoft getting into films who knows what could happen........